JoePa's RBC HERITAGE Golf Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's RBC HERITAGE Golf Picks

My first action of the season turned out to be better than expected last week as I grabbed an outright winner in The Masters with Jordan Spieth and two winners with Hedeki Matsuyama who snagged a Top 5 as well as a Top 10 finish.

Changing it up a bit this week. It would be easy to back Spieth again, but I will wait to see how he follows up that great win from last week. The RBC Heritage at Harbour Town puts a premium on accuracy and you don't have to be long on this track. Those prevailing winds can also be a factor.

ZACH JOHNSON 14/1 OUTRIGHT WIN - He had to gain a real boost by finishing 68/68 on the weekend at Augusta last week, as he finished T9th for his third straight Top 20 finish. He has a strong history at Harbour Town as he took 2nd in 2012, 6th in 2007. He ranks 19th in strokes gained tee-to-green.

IAN POULTER 4/1 TOP 5 FINISH - Poultergeist is 4/4 in cuts made at Harbour Town but still is without a Top 35 finish! Then what merit does he have? Well he T6th last week at Augusta which is his third straight Top 25 finish, ranks 21st in GIR, 10th in adjusted scoring and T9th in par 4 scoring. Nice form, but I cannot back him to win just yet!

WEBB SIMPSON 6/1 TOP 5 FINISH - Simpson took 2nd via a playoff in 2013 and also has two T14th finishes here. Last week he T28th at Augusta and is currently ranked 7th in strokes gained tee-to-green, 8th in adjusted scoring and 12th in scrambling.

KEVIN STREELMAN 8/1 TOP 5 FINISH - How about his opening rounds of 70-70-70 at Augusta! That went pretty much unnoticed by everyone! He also finished T12 at Augusta which ties his personal best finish in a major. Finished T17th at Harbour Town in 2012 and T3rd in 2013. Currently ranks T17th in GIR and T9th in par 4 scoring.....great form and great finish at Augusta coming in....

CHRIS STROUD 20/1 TOP 5 FINISH & 11/2 TOP 20 FINISH - Wow, he's a 125/1 shot to take home the trophy which is tempting! He's coming off a T17th at the Shell Houston which is his first Top 25 of 2015! He ranked 7th in scrambling at the SHO which is a pretty important skill-set for Harbour Town. Finished T6th here in 2013 and was under par for ALL four rounds and was 2nd in scrambling that year.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:
Working...
X