JoePa's WGC CADILLAC MATCH PLAY Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's WGC CADILLAC MATCH PLAY Picks

Picked up a winner, winner, chicken dinner last week with Justin Rose, but this week will be much harder with match play on the line! I posted these picks at 11am today, but for some reason they disappeared. Sorry for the lateness....

JORDAN SPIETH 9/1 OUTRIGHT WIN - An obvious pick for me since I am a big fan and he is 1st in scoring, leads the Tour in putting average putts and fewest putts, is 5th in strokes gained tee-to-green, 3rd in birdie average, and 8th in strokes gained putting. Who needs to look at his track record this year! He was 3-1 in his debut last year.

HENRIK STENSON 15/2 TO REACH FINAL PAIRING - This guy was built for match play! He is a former match play champion, leads the Tour in strokes gained putting AND tee-to-green AND total strokes gained putting, ranks 7th in total putting, is 3rd in GIR at 73%, 2nd in scoring, 2nd in ball striking, 1st in approaches from 125-150 yards, 2nd in approaches from 175-200, 1st in scrambling from the fringe, rough, 10 yards, 20-30 yards and greater than 30 yards. On the season he was 4th at the Valspar, 2nd at the Arnie Palmer and T19th at the Masters.

HIDEKI MATSUYAMA 14/1 TO REACH FINAL PAIRING - Hideki is solid and again I am a big fan! He's 3rd on Tour in all-around ranking, 4th in bogey avoidance, has 1 second place finish and 4 Top10s that includes a 5th place finish at The Masters, he's made 11/12 cuts on the year, is 4th in strokes gained tee-to-green, 10th in GIR, 3rd in ball striking and 1st in total driving.

MATT KUCHAR 10/1 TO REACH FINAL PAIRING - Kooch leads the Tour in one-putt percentage, won in 2013 where he was 5-0 in the first round that year, is 7th in strokes gained putting and 2nd in sand saves.

VICTOR DUBUISSON 18/1 TO REACH FINAL PAIRING - You know it's going to happen!!! The musketeer is fearless in attacking flags and has a 65% GIR ranking on the PGA Tour and 86% GIR on the Euro Tour, a 66% driving accuracy rating, and his putters per GIR is 1.69 which is his lowest in five years on the tour. Not bad for a guy who lists socializing as one of his biographical interests. He just might be the "second most interesting man in golf".
    Last edited by joepa66; 04-30-2015, 07:49 AM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:
Working...
X