JoePa's JOHN DEERE CLASSIC Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's JOHN DEERE CLASSIC Picks

Nice to have another Top 5 pick as a winner last week with Kevin Kisner at The Greenbrier Classic! This week it's onto Illinois and the John Deere Classic---a scorer's paradise. TPC Deere Run is one of those courses that begs and rewards you to take chances. It yielded the most eagles and birdies of any course on Tour in 2013-14, and ranked as the easiest par 4 course on Tour in 2014.

This week is the last chance to get a ticket to the ball at St. Andrews, with the top finisher in the Top 5 without and exemption punching his ticket on the charter jet across the pond.

JUSTIN SPIETH 3/1 TO WIN OUTRIGHT - Current form = no brainer! He's the prohibitive favorite, so do I really need to list the litany of reasons why I am picking him! Hmmmm, 10 Top 10s this season and a win here in 2013 seem good enough to me. Ok, he leads the Tour in scoring average, par 4 scoring, putting average and FedEx points. He T7th in 2014! Enough said.....this isn't just a warmup lap!

ZACH JOHNSON 9/1 TO WIN OUTRIGHT - Has placed 3rd or better in 5 of his last 6 starts at TPC Deere Run....and, it's like his major.....history says so! He also has 8 Top 20s in his last 10 Tour starts. Too back he's only 2/1 to place in the Top 5.

KEVIN KISNER 10/3 TOP 5 FINISH - After his last two (2) playoff losses this year he faltered from contention the following week, and we know what happened last week. Did he really fluff two chips in a four man playoff at 18 where he had an almost impossible lie? Yes he did, yes, he did! However, I am still a believer in a guy who has played under par in 29 of his last 33 rounds......

ROBERT STREB 13/2 TOP 5 FINISH - He's playing really, really well and is ranked 7th in the FedEx standings. How so, you may ask.....well, for starters he has 4 Top 20s in his last 5 Tour starts, won the McGladery, finished a playoff 2nd last week at the Greenbrier with 4 sub 68 rounds, on the season he has 4 Top 10s, 10 Top 25s, made 17/22 cuts, is 15th in GIR, 32nd in strokes gained tee-to-green, 33rd in strokes gained putting, 19th in total strokes gained, 25th in scoring average and 7th in total birdies. Might be worth your look at a small play on 33/1 odds to win outright!
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

ADDING -

JASON BOHN 11/1 TOP 5 FINISH & 5/1 TOP 10 FINISH - Fresh off a T13th finish at The Greenbrier where he shot a career low 61 in the third round. Has 8 top 20s on the year with T2nd at the Crowne Plaza, T9th at the Wells Fargo and last week's finish in West Virginia being his best of late. Ranks 4th in par 4 scoring, 3rd in driving accuracy at 72%, 31st in GIR, 22nd in birdie average, 2nd in proximity, 8th in putting average, 3rd in actual scoring average and 11th in total birdies. Is a 66/1 favorite to win outright if you dare!
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
    X