John Deere Classic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Deere Classic

Outright plays (total stake per play: 1pt)

Kenny Perry to win 12/1 e.w. @ William Hill, BetFred, BetDirect, ToteSport
    The favourite, but not by the margin that he deserves. His game has turned around dramatically since losing a lot of weight and receiving a tip from Tommy Armour (it was merely to keep his head still!) at the Memorial Tournament last month. Since then, he has finished in the top-15 in all four starts on this Tour and is averaging 68.56 shots per round. And not only is he back on top of his game, but he returns to a course on which he has finished 3rd, 5th, 4th, 1st, 7th, 9th and 15th this decade. No wonder he says: "I just like it here. I'll always come back because I just enjoy the golf course." Single-digit favourites are very rarely warranted other than Tiger, but Perry deserves to be one this week.

Nathan Green to win 28/1 e.w. @ Victor Chandler, Sportingbet, Sporting Odds and ToteSport
    Another player who has rediscovered his form recently with top-5 finishes at Colonial and the John Deere Classic last week. Admittedly, he failed to hold on to the lead that he had held since Friday, but he has still to win on this Tour and that experience, plus his victory on the European Tour last year, will ultimately help him once he does gain another 54-hole lead. And that may be this week - he shot each round under 70 to finish in the top-10 on his course debut last year and so may repeat that performance as he repeated his top-5 finish of 2006 at Colonial in May. There is a similarity in these courses and that can also be seen by Perry's hugely impressive record in both events. Hopefully, Green will be the same.

D.J. Trahan to win 66/1 e.w. @ Paddy Power, Boyle Sports and ToteSport
    Maybe the Colonial/Brown Deer Park angle will apply here as well. Trahan has played at Colonial only once (2005), but on that occasion, although he faltered over the weekend, he ended both the first and second rounds in 2nd place. And as far as Brown Deer Park is concerned, he finished 4th last year. It's enough of an angle (plus standard course form) to suggest that as he was backed at 100/1 in a much stronger field last week and played strongly for 52 holes before running up a seven, he should be backed at this price in a second-tier PGA Tour event.

GL Stanley.....but me thinks you mean the US Bank Championship in Milwaukee this week.....JD Classic was last week!:sm:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

lol

And I still can't pick the winner :eeek:

Comment

LOL.....looking forward to The Open! I decided not to get "distracted" by the other tour action and am set up to Tivo to whole thing again so I can watch it after I get back from vacation. GL Stanley......:glass:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
        X