British Open and US Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Open and US Bank

It's nice to see a small crowd in the golf forum!

British Open

Niclas Fasth: 36 to 1: Expected closer to 50 to 1 but I can't pass on Fasth who plays great in Majors, including a fouth at the US open, then winning the next european tour event, then following that up with a runner up finish at the K Club to Monty. British Open performances include a runner up in 2001 but not much else. Current form is enough for me.

Geoff Ogilvy 50 to 1 : Always ups his game for the majors but hits a roadblock usually on the back nine on Saturday (Masters and Oakmont). His British Open record is impressive the past two years with a 16th and a 5th place finish. Great odds for a class player.

Mike Weir 100 to 1: This is a gut feeling here. I feel his swing is just about back with recent work with the teachers who have helped Aaron Baddeley and Tim Herron win on Tour recently. He got his first top 10 at Congressional a few weeks ago and his nerve held up ok under pressure, as it's been awhile since he's been in contention. Weir has some poor performances at the British but does have a t9 in 2004. in 1999 at carnoustie he had a respectable t37. Like I said a gut feeling.

US Bank Championship

no reasons here...avoiding veterans even though they win this event every year!
    Anthony Kim 25 to 1
    Mattew Goggin 66 to 1
    Michael Sim 125 to 1

Love Fasth....GL to ya GolfGuy and welcome to the board! :beerbang:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
    X