JoePa's LPGA Canadian Open, PGA Wyndham, Scandinavian Masters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's LPGA Canadian Open, PGA Wyndham, Scandinavian Masters

Will post reasoning and LPGA lines when I get them.....

LPGA CANADIAN OPEN - Have posted 3 straight LPGA tour winners!

SE RI PAK - 18 / 1 - She's truly is back to form going about her business of having fun and loving the game again. She T5th at the British Open @ +1, won the Jamie Farr Owens Corning, T4th in the US Open two weeks before that, is 4th in rounds under par 25/49, 6th in rounds in the 60s with 13, 4th in scoring average at 71.24, 18th in total birdies, 1st in putting at 1.75, 43rd in GIR at 62%, 17th in driving distance @ 260.6 yards, 65% in driving accuracy and most importantly found her way in two big tournaments....the US & Women’s British Open. She has 7 Top 10s in 15 starts which ranks her 5th. In 2006 at the CO she T20th @ -1 and wasn’t even close to being on her game as she is now!

JEE YOUNG LEE - 25 / 1 - Can you hear her foot steps. Lee is another one of those quietly getting the job done golfers. She has 5 Top 10s in her last 7 starts, T10th @ the McDonalds, T8th @ the Wegmans, 7th at the US Open, T5th in the HSBC match play, and T2 in the British Open two weeks ago. In all, she’s nabbed a nifty 8 Tops 10s in 17 events this year which ties her for 3rd with 42% high money finishes, is 5th in prize money, has 11 rounds in the 60s, is 4th in total birdies with 199, T2nd in GIR with 67.2%, 7th in scoring average @ 71.57, and second in driving average @ 273.4 yards. Where has she been on my card all season? I’ve been doing OK without considering her to finish high, and expect Lorena to have a little Open Hangover which could open the door for Lee to sneak in a victory.

JEONG JANG - 25 / 1 - She blew up and missed the cut in the Women’s British Open after losing in a playoff the week before in the Evian Masters, and has been near the top of the leader board all season long. Previous to missing The Open cut, she posted 4 Top 10s in 5 consecutive tournaments......she T5th in the Wegmans, T8th in the US Open, T21 in the Owens Corning where Se Ri Pak ran away from everybody, T9th at the HSBC, and finished 2nd in the Evian after failing to convert on the first playoff hole. Jang is 27th in driving accuracy on the tour at 72.8%, 21st in putting, 11th in total birdies, 15th in GIR @ 64%. She's 11th on the money list and has 5 Top 10s in 18 events which places her 14th. She's a close 16 steps behind Lorena in scoring average 69.96/71.97, and in 2006 finished T10th in the Canadian Open @ -3. Time off may have helped her get back in step.

KIRA MEIXNER - 300 / 1 - Purely a homer play here backing a “local” girl who grew up in British Columbia, and one who recently won the 2007 BC Women’s Amateur by shooting even par and defeating the defending champ by 5 strokes. It also doesn’t hurt that Meixner is a Kent State senior golfer who has had some pretty good successes, T12th at the Las Vegas Collegiate Showdown finishing 217/+1, and also T10th at the Aloha Purdue Collegiate. She home, and a Kent Stater….just a one-half unit sentimental play!

PGA WYNDHAM CHAMPIONSHIP - With Tiger's help I've posted PGA winners 2 weeks in a row!

JOE DURANT - 28 / 1 - Durant – 132nd in FedEx Cup points and only the top 144 golfers advance to the playoffs at the Barclays. He needs to protect his spot so he truly needs a good finish. He T18th last week in the grueling Oklahoma sun at Southern Hills AND finished 6th in the Wyndham last year. He’s made 11/21 cuts for the season but has the hot hand of late, finished T14th at the WGC Bridgestone playing his middle two rounds under par (one was a 67), and was T18th @ +4 at the PGA last week with his last two rounds finishing at even par. Durant can certainly do it with his long game and drives the ball 285 yards off the tee and is 10th in accuracy with 70.82% of fairways hit. He’s also 38th in GIR @ 65.21%.

JERRY KELLY - 33 / 1 - Kelly had 2 Top 10s in the first two majors of 2007 by finishing T5th in the Masters @+4, and T7th @ +10 in the US Open despite a low point in driving accuracy at Oakmont (57%) and his worst putting average of the year (1.915). He’s made the cuts in 15/21 events with a 3rd, 6 top 10s, and 8 Top 25s. At one point he had a an excellent middle season and finished with 4 Top 10s in a row along with a T9th in Arnold Palmer’s Invitational, T5th in the Masters, T8th in the Verizon, T3rd in the Byron Nelson. He’s 27th on tour in driving accuracy at 69.75% with 280 yard drives, 61st in GIR at 64.66%, and near the top 10 in scoring average at 69.96. He has 3 Top 10s in 11 Wyndhams although he missed the cut in 2006 he finished T6th in 2005 @ -15, T8th in 2004 and was 4th in 2001 @ -13. Jerry needs to get back on his game and not just be happy he’s basically assured himself of making the playoffs with his 32nd FedEx standing.

BRANDT SNEDEKER - 20 / 1 - One of those soon to breakout players on tour and he's been a "hang around" in most of the big events this season. He finished T23rd at the US Open, T10th in the Buick Open, T8th at the AT&T, T7th at the Canadian Open firing a -11, and T8th at the PGA Championship with a +4. Snedeker is 26th in the FedEx standings but has shown he can "hang" with the big boys as he's 29th on the money list for 2007. He's a quiet 19th in scoring average @ 69.98, has made 19/24 tour cuts, has 5 Top 10s, blasts a big driver 286 yards, is 35th in putting @ 1.772, and 64.26 in GIR. Definitely a player whose made his mark this season and one who could improve his tour standing and earn even more respect with a win here and a deep foray into the playoffs.

SCANDINAVIAN MASTERS - Half of the usual suspects on the Euro Tour seem to be sitting this one out which makes for hard pickings.....

SIMON DYSON - 20 / 1 - Dyson gutted out the 100+ degree (38+ celsius) at Southern Hills last week during the PGA Championship and I'm hoping he has something left this week. He T6th at Even Par in the heat and last year finished T7th in the Scandinavian Masters which propelled him to a win the following week in the KLM Open....good memories no doubt as he finished 21st on the Order of Merit. Right now he stands 34th on the Order of Merit and owns a score average of 71.56 and a 66.25% GIR rating. Here's to hoping he can keep the momentum going in a stretch that was kind to him last season.

SIMON KHAN - 28 / 1 - Currently 39th on the Order of Merit and hasn't played in the Scandinavian Masters since 2004 when he finished 7th. Khan has been a model consistency this season and in his last five starts has 2 Top 10s and an 11th place finish. Sort of a hot hand of late which is why I'm backing him. Another reason to jump behind him is regardless of what his stats say, he's playing well of late and accuracy and fair ways will be very important this week along with his 66.25% GIR rating.

DAVID HOWELL - 33 / 1 - Why in the world would I back someone who's 116th on the Order of Merit. He hasn't played in the Scandinavian Masters since 2004 when he finished T8th. Not only that, he's experiencing the some of the worst stats of his career since 2000, such as; worst score average of 73.28, worst driving accuracy rating of 59.15%, worst GIR of 58.8%, and his 2nd worst year in putting. I don't know, but I just have a feeling about this guy and returning to the scene of the second best finish of his career can be a motivating force. I just don't get why he's only 33/1 unless someone obviously knows something that I don't!
    Last edited by joepa66; 08-14-2007, 01:46 PM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Let me know when you're ready to talk MAC football...It's time, my friend...:beerbang:

Comment

Damn straight bro.....I 'bouta pack it in with bases and concentrate on my football previews and golf....doing better over here anyway! Can't wait!:beerbang:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Nice call on Snedeker this week, must have been a delight to watch as he was on fire. I bet he wins one of the fall series events as well, very talented. Best of luck the rest of the season.

Comment

UPDATED:

LPGA CANADIAN OPEN - Have posted 3 LPGA tour winners!
          WINNER -16

SE RI PAK - 18 / 1 - MC
          JEE YOUNG LEE - 25 / 1 - WITHDREW
          JEONG JANG - 25 / 1 - T6TH @ -8
          KIRA MEIXNER - 300 / 1 - MC @ +6

PGA WYNDHAM CHAMPIONSHIP - With Tiger AND Brandt Snedeker's help I've posted PGA winners 3 weeks in a row!

BRANDT SNEDEKER - 20 / 1 - WINNER @ -22
          JOE DURANT - 28 / 1 - T67th @ -7
          JERRY KELLY - 33 / 1 - DNS - Did Not Start

SCANDINAVIAN MASTERS -
          Winner @ -6

SIMON DYSON - 20 / 1 - T23rd @ +1
          SIMON KHAN - 28 / 1 - T44th @ +7
          DAVID HOWELL - 33 / 1 - MC

Comment

Working...
          X