No announcement yet.

Euro 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well im ******* done with this tourny, just my futures bets to play out.

Portugal was outplayed and deserved the loss but the penalty shot was weak, home call just what I was afraid would come into play. Could've fought back for a draw but nope the penalty is the clincher. Deserved loss but weak call.

Czechs I dont even know what the **** happened. 2-0 with 15 minutes left one of the best goalies in the world and they let in 3. Hats off to turkey but this just feels like scripted bs. All game long im listening to the announcers talk about the last time these guys met and turkey came back from 2 down before the scores even close to being 2-0 and surprise it happens again.
    Last edited by flmmkrz; 06-15-2008, 03:49 PM.

Comment

now that the rantings done im back in today lol

already got the germans but nervous about them only needing a draw to advance I hope they dont get complacent and settle for that.

Poland pk @ -110 to win 2 units

Croatia has key players on yellow cards they aren't playing any of them and risking them for the next round on a meaningless game here. I still dont think Poland wins this one easily but I dont think Croatia wins it so I'll take my shot here and push if it draws.

Comment

not meant to have a clean sweep on any freakin day of this tourny apparently, poland break to tie it up and get the push and he hits the tender for the Loss.

Germany thank god.

Comment

Croatia DNB @ -225 to win 3 units over Turkey

No starting tender for turkey, starting midfielder suspended, and injuries are taking their toll. Croatia has picked it up and should do what the czechs couldn't do and finish off a win against this turkish side.

Comment

Futures play:

Robben to be top scorer on Holland team + 800 x .5 unit

worth a shot as his one game showed that he's good to go and playing with the first team he'll get his chances.

Comment

Sweden pk @ -110 to win 2 units

Russia hasn't impressed me, they'll get their star midfielder back for this one but he's not going to be in sync with his teamates and may be relied upon too much. Regardless I like the way Sweden was able to hold their own vs a good spanish side. They look experienced and Zlatan looks like he came to play this tourny.

Comment

and now on to tomorrows games, im all out of order here lol

Double chance Holland or Draw either situation is a win @ -175 to win 1 unit

Romania should win this one based on the idea that hollands dressing an unmotivated back up squad but I have no faith in the Romanian team to get it done. Mutu hasn't looked overly impressive and they have trouble scoring. Like Portugal vs the Swiss the backups in this one are impressive, Robben and Van Persie should be trying to win starting gigs and Huntelaar is a very good player in his own right, unlike Portugal Holland feels like its own a roll and is looking for an effort out of their backups especially with all the talk of throwing this one so they can dodge France and Italy. If Romania gets the early goal im looking for them to try and shut the game down while Holland just keeps on coming at them. I don't think they can sit on a lead vs a team that comes at them this agressivly. If Holland scores first, expect the romanians to keep coming at them and be in danger of a counter.

France pk (draw is a push) @ +110 x 1 unit

The old dogs for the french should be getting the boot this game and we'll see some quality youngsters get into the mix. Italy hasn't impressed with its forwards and its defence looks suspect. Both sides are clearly missing leadership on the field so in the end i'm leaning towards the talent and I believe the french have more of it up front. I just wish they had some decent goaltending.

And lastly kind of tailing tampa on this one :

Under 3.5 Holland/Romania x Over 1.5 (italy/france) x Anna Chakvetadze (tennis) @ -128 to win 1 unit
                Last edited by flmmkrz; 06-17-2008, 03:05 AM.

Comment

and this is just for ****s and giggles and I dont know why but I feel like posting it and seeing if the lottery hits:

france pk x holland 0, +.5 x sweden pk x croatia dnb x wozniacki x south x young x nishikori x guccioni x bopanna (last 6 are tennis) x 20 bucks pays out 18904

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
                    and this is just for ****s and giggles and I dont know why but I feel like posting it and seeing if the lottery hits:

france pk x holland 0, +.5 x sweden pk x croatia dnb x wozniacki x south x young x nishikori x guccioni x bopanna (last 6 are tennis) x 20 bucks pays out 18904
                    well if you're gonna lose one of these its best to lose them badly :laughing:

Comment

just not frances day, I cant understand the decision to place defenders out of position in this important a game. Losing Ribery was huge and then Abidals red card, seems like it wasn't in the cards from jump. All in all I'm still not overly impressed by the Italians and without Pirlo next round I'm thinking the Azzuri are done. Can't wait till the lines come out for their next game.

Comment

well pinny has a line out:

Spain to advance over Italy @ -134 ( this includes pks ) to win 3 units

No pirlo, No gattuso, already no Cannavaro, if you're gonna go up against the class that Spains showing you need to go in fully armed and the Italians just aren't. Not to say Gatussos skill can't be replaced but he's a leader on that team and Pirlo is a big cog in their engine. I hope this doesn't go to kicks but if I gotta go up against Buffon the goalie I'd want on my side is Casillas so lets gamble.

Comment

Portugal dnb @ -160 to win 2 units. Not a lot of faith in the portuguese side but no Podolski and Frings from the sounds of it so I expect this line to move and I might buy back in on the other side of this one if the price rises.

Comment

Sweden/Russia o2 @ -133 to win 2 units

Russia will keep coming and Sweden will keep defending, if Sweden catches the weak russian d on a counter Russia will press harder leaving themselves open. If Russia scores first Sweden will open it up. Either way I like at least a couple goals in this one.

Russia -1 corners (tailing Corey here) @ -125 to win 2 units

I agree with Corey in that Russia will keep coming and they've been averaging more corners thru the tourny and I dont think it stops here.

Comment

Holland to advance from qf @ -250 to win 2 units

Arshavin made a big difference for the russians and the defence looked better against the swedes but in the end Pavlyuchenko doesn't put in nearly as much as he should and Arshavin isn't going face an old squad without the legs to handle him. It will be a great game with back and forth action but the dutch team does what the russians do but better on almost every front. I'm hoping the line will go down some but I will be adding to this.

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
                                Portugal dnb @ -160 to win 2 units. Not a lot of faith in the portuguese side but no Podolski and Frings from the sounds of it so I expect this line to move and I might buy back in on the other side of this one if the price rises.
                                well seems like quite a few people like the germans as the price has dropped but I still like my initial play but think this one could come down to kicks so just in case:

Portugal to advance -138 to win 1 unit

Comment

Working...
                                X