• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Euro 2008 >>>

Saturday:

Czech Republic PK -102
    vs Switzerland
    Swiss have the home advantage, but the Czech's are my dark-horse to win it all...

Portugal -0.5 -138 vs Turkey
    I hate the way the diving, whining Portugal teams play...but they have too much firepower for Turkey...

1 Unit

GL

gl jml, I dont like the make up of the chech team, I dont think they advance out of this group stage but wont be the first time im wrong :laughing:

Comment

Nice day JML..Congrats!:thumbs:

Comment

2-0, +1.71

Wednesday:

Switzerland -172 (Draw no bet) vs Turkey
        Like the home team here, and it looks like the oddsmakers do as well...surprised the Swiss are favoured by this much, but I'll still play it. The Swiss looked fast in game 1, and could have easily beaten one of the world's best if they were able to finish a couple of their many chances on goal. Turkey looked horrible in game 1 IMO, and could have really been blown out by 4 or 5 ...and will be missing their captain today.

2 Units
        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 06-11-2008, 01:37 PM. Reason: mixed up teams...lol

Comment

we got unlucky in that one jml. I thought the swiss had the game when they took that 3 on 1 run upfield but instead the bad bounce the other way and we're done. Lets make this back tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
            we got unlucky in that one jml. I thought the swiss had the game when they took that 3 on 1 run upfield but instead the bad bounce the other way and we're done. Lets make this back tomorrow.
            Yup...they blew it...that missed 3-1 was definitely the turning point...crazy game with all that rain...

Comment

Thursday:

Poland PK -140 vs Austria
              Austria the home team, but is by far the worst team in the tourney...Poland a bit under-rated IMO and are a good squad, and should have no trouble here...

3 Units

:beerbang:

Comment

gl to both of us with the poles, I need a bit after the german showing.

Comment

2-1, -0.29

Won with Spain today, but forgot to post it....On to Monday with my next play...

Germany -271 vs Austria

4 Units

GL
                  Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 06-14-2008, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                    2-1, -0.29

Won with Spain today, but forgot to post it....On to Monday with my next play...

Germany -271 vs Austria

4 Units

GL
                    seems like the last no brainer of the tourny, I hope they dont find a way to fawk this up.

Comment

3-1, +1.19

Tuesday (Both Draw/No Bet):

Italy -111 vs France
                      Both teams have been a disapointment, but Italy's looked a tad better, and get it done today, IMO...and then go home! lol

Romania -125 vs Netherlands
                      Much like Portugal laying down in a meaningless game to the Swiss...the Dutch will do the same. They'll play hard, and say they went for the win, but will likely not attack with the same intensity to risk injury, and they of course will play alot of backups. Romania has played well, tying both powerhouse nations Italy and France so far, and have everything in the world to play for. Obviously the books agree making them a fave against the Tourney's best looking team to date. During qualifying for this tournament, Romania also posted a win and a tie against this Netherlands team everyone is now in love with.

Really the only play, IMO...as the Dutch are a wildcard, and most likely to "mail it in" like Portugal....and Romania is a "good" team with everything to play for....has to be Romania or "no play", but I'll back the fave b/c I was kicking myself for laying off the Swiss in a similar spot when I had a bet on them half way in, then backed out....lol....

2 Units

GL :beerbang:
                      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 06-17-2008, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Looks like the Dutch show up...so I get the split! We'll see if that comes back to bite them when they most likely meet the Italians in the semi-finals, with the Azzuri looking for revenge!

Comment

4-2, +1.10

Wednesday:

Sweden +0.5 -184 vs Russia
                          Sweden the better team, and only need the tie to advance...I was going to bet a tie but taking the half goal play instead, covering a late goal from Sweden on a counter from the Russians playing aggressive late when tied...

2 Units

:thumbs:

Comment

4-2, +1.10

Quarterfinals:

Portugal +151 vs Germany

Croatia -106 vs Turkey

Spain +142 vs Italy

1.5 Units Each

Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 06-18-2008, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                              4-2, +1.10

Quarterfinals:

Portugal +151 vs Germany

Croatia -106 vs Turkey

Spain +142 vs Italy

1.5 Units Each

when they most likely meet the Italians in the semi-finals, with the Azzuri looking for revenge! (quoting you mr. mapleleaf) i see a contradiction here :thumbs: :thumbs: anyways good luck on your plays
                              ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                              NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                              MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                              CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Working...
                              X