X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Football League - Round 1

Australian Football League - Round 1

5 * Melbourne v St Kilda - Melbourne to win -10.5 @ $1.90

Pretty easy to guess this game - I predict Melbourne will be one of the top teams this season. They have one of the best midfields in the game with Brock, Johnstone, Bruce to name the key trio. St Kilda on the other hand is starting this season with a new coach, that will be tough on the Saints here and I highly doubt they will win here. Melbourne have won 9 of the past 11 matches against St Kilda. I expect Melbourne to win this game by more 2 goals which is 12 points.

I'll post my picks for the games on Saturday later tonight.
    Soccer 2011 Picks - YTD: 67-0-45 Profit: £267.10

Melbourne lost by 31 points

YTD: 0-1
    Profit: -5.00

Saturday's Games

5 * Kangaroos v Collingwood - Collingwood to win -5.5 @ $1.91

Basically the Kangaroos are going to struggle to score goals Nathan Thompson (key forward) is out for this game after being out for the whole season. I just see that a team like the Kangaroos who rely heavily on the likes of a player like Nathan Thompson wont be able to step up today and beat a team like Collingwood who I believe will be in top form. (Even without the likes of Buckley and Didak)

5 * Fremantle v Port Adelaide - Fremantle to win -21.5 points @ $1.91

Last time these two met Fremantle over ran Port Adelaide 151-72. I feel with the new players bought into Fremantle they will be looking to take control over the competition right from the get go and will look to do that in a big way. I expect Fremantle to run out big winners here and I feel the -21.5 points is good value for a team who will be strong up forward with Chris Tarrant and Pavlich the new lethal combo up forward. Furthermore Port are without their top players Treadrea and the Burgoynes go into this game questionable of playing. Port arent going to trouble Fremantle.

5 * Brisbane v Hawthorn - Brisbane to win -7.5 points @ $1.91

This is going to be a good game, the biggest worry coming into this match is I have no idea what Hawthorn team to expect to enter the depths of the Gabba. Last time these two played Brisbane won by 10. I feel this time Brisbane will be able to scrape over for the win, Also I feel like Hawthorn wont have anything to stop the unstopable Jonathon Brown as he will carry the load on the forwardline and also Simon Black looked in top form during Pre-Season so going to be an interesting thing to watch to see how Hodge, Mitchell stop the Brisbane midfield. I think Brisbane will come on tops just based on home ground.

Sydney v West Coast - Not going to play this game!

Replay of last years grand final - West Coast won the grand final by 1 Point! this game is in Sydney so Sydney comes in instantly as favourites to win it. The line is set at -12.5 which I believe is to high for my liking. Espically for these two teams. Also West Coast is without Ben Cousins who is part of their star midfield team who guided them to the premiership last season. He is suspended indefinately. I want to see how Judd, Kerr, Cox and co cope without Cousins. Hence why I'm staying away from this game. It will either be another close game between these two rivals or just another blowout with Sydney winning. I'm not willing to take the risk here.

Comment

Collingwood won 82-79 (Not enough to cover)
      Fremantle lost 105-121
      Brisbane won 69-44 WIN!
      Also West Coast won 74-73

YTD: 1-3
      Profit: -10.45

Sunday's Games

5 * Adelaide v Essendon - Essendon +19.5 to win @ $1.91

I like Essendon to keep it close here they have named a good squad (strong one) compared to what it was last year and with Matthew Lloydd back for the Bombers its hard to see if this Adelaide defense can stop this dominate Essendon Forward line of Lucas, Llyodd and co. Roo is out for Adelaide (he is a key player) - I think we will see Adelaide scrape by Essendon but only just.

5 * Western Bulldogs v Geelong - Western Bulldogs to win @ $1.78

I'm playing the money line here. Geelong won last time by a point I think the Doggies will look for revenge here and be keen to show they are going to be a big contender for the cup this year I think they get it done.

5 * Carlton v Richmond - Carlton to win @ $1.65

I like the money line here again I'm keen Carlton can get the job done. They won the pre-season cup for the second time in 3 years. I also feel that the lost of Symonds will effect the Tigers in a negative way. Also Richardson hasnt had much game time it will show in his performance on the field. I think the young blues get up here.

Comment

thought west coast might be getting a few too many points but did not play it gl on the next 3 plays nice to see you on my team too the western bulldogs
        ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
        NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
        MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
        CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Essendon won 105-74 WIN! (Beautiful Start to the Season)
          Western Bulldogs won 113-93 WIN!
          Carlton won 115-98

YTD: 4-3
          Profit: +1.25 Units

Not a bad way to start the season.
          Last edited by BeyondTheGame; 04-01-2007, 05:36 AM. Reason: Updated Scores

Comment

nice 3-0 day yesterday....told my buddy i liked essendon +20....and western looked like a steal at -4.5
            ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
            NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
            MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
            CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Working...
            X