Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB's MLS Playoffs Thursday

YTD 0-0 (+0.00)

What a time to make my first ever soccer wager......

I will be the first to tell you that until the last month I barley knew a thing about soccer. I have been out working at the KC Wizards games and now I have been getting intrested.

Tonight we have Chicago Vs. New England in leg 1 of the Eastern Confrence Playoffs. KC beat New England last week in NE 3-1 to secure a playoff spot. In that game 2 NE players where red carded. I read the MLS preview for this game and here is what it has to say:

It will certainly be a shorthanded New England Revolution as they embark on their bid to reach the MLS Cup Final for a fourth consecutive year. Two first-choice performers - defender Gabriel Badilla and winger Khano Smith - are suspended for the first leg after being sent off in the regular season finale. With Smith out, it means Sainey Nyassi will likely be recalled to man one flank, with Mauricio Castro on the other. "We've got players to step in for [Badilla] and Khano who have to do a good job, and we have to play solid and not make mistakes and not shoot ourselves in the foot like we've done," goalkeeper Matt Reis said. ... But Badilla's absence could require a bigger change. With Steve Ralston out with a cracked fibula, Revs boss Steve Nicol had gone to a 4-4-2 system with the Costa Rican partnering Michael Parkhurst. Now, Nicol could revert back to a 3-5-2, with Shalrie Joseph again pushed forward in the midfield, or dropping Jeff Larentowicz back into central defense. "I don't have a preference. Whatever Stevie decides is what we roll with. He told us a few weeks ago we were going to play the 4-4-2 from here on out," said Parkhurst. "We've been trying to get accustomed to it and we've been working hard in practice this week to do that but we didn't have too much time to get (the 3-5-2) sorted out (Saturday)."

Throw in the fact that the teams best two players Twellman and Ralston are both OUT for this game and this is obvisouly a team in turmoil.

On the other hand in Chicago:

the Fire have won all three meetings between the teams this year - including dominating 4-0 and 3-0 victories in the first six weeks of the season.

The FIRE have been just that....ON FIRE the last few games

But down the stretch, while they've started leaking goals, they also been scoring -- hitting for 14 goals in five games over the final month of the campaign, including five from Rolfe and three from Brian McBride

Rolfe (Hat trick in the first half of the regular season final)
    McBride
    and Blanco.....

Just too much FIRE power for the FIRE tonight.....

I will take them as the huge road dog tonight......

Chicago Fire (+200) Vs. NE Revolution Moneyline
    2 units to win 4

Good Luck!
    If it ain't fun, don't do it!

fn 0-0 tie.....gotta love soccer....

YTD 0-1 (-2.00)
    If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

Working...
    X