X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:beerbang::beerbang::beerbang:

Comment

Spain v. Italy

Lineups are announced for Spain v. Italy. This is going to be a fascinating game.

Italy come out with a 3-5-2. Buffon - Bonucci, De Rossi, Chiellini - Giaccherini, Pirlo, Marchisio, Motta, Maggio - Balotelli, Cassano.

Spain are in their usual 4-3-3. Casillas - Alba, Pique, Ramos, Arbeloa - Alonso, Busquets, Xavi - Fabregas, Iniesta, Silva.

Lets talk about Spain because this is really interesting. A big theme of the tournament has been managers trying to cultivate club connections in their international teams (Russia - Zenit / Italy - Juve / etc.). The Spanish team is essentially Barcelona with a few transplants from Madrid and obviously no Messi. Barca plays a flowing 4-3-3 style but I have doubts about how Torres or Llorente would fit in this system. This is where I really like the inclusion of Fabregas up front. He is the most complete player and will balance the 4-3-3 as the false nine. Llorente or Torres or Cazorla could come on as a change of pace.

Here are my plays:
      First Goalscorer: David Silva Risk 1 Unit to win 9
      First Goalscorer: Andres Iniesta Risk 1 Unit to win 9
      Spain (-145) Risk 4 Units to win 2.75 Units

Comment

Will post recaps later...

Ireland v. Croatia
        Time of First Goal: After 27th minute (-110)
        Risk 7 units to win 6.36

Comment

Horrible day for me. Total results so far.

Poland v. Greece: UNDER 2 Goals. Risk 4 Units to win 3.08 PUSH
          Poland v. Greece: Draw 0-0. Risk 2 Units to win 12 LOSS
          Poland v. Greece: Both Teams to Score - No. Risk 2 Units to win 1.25. LOSS
          Poland v. Greece: Time of First Goal - After 27th Minute. Risk 2 Units to win 1.82 LOSS
          Russia v. Czech: Russia Pick (-145): Risk 3 Units to win 2.07. WIN
          Netherlands v. Denmark: Denmark +1 Risk 3 Units to win 2.14. WIN
          Germany v. Portugal: Germany pick (-185) risk 5 units to win 2.70. WIN
          Spain v. Italy: First Goalscorer Iniesta. Risk 1 Unit to win 9. LOSS
          Spain v. Italy: First Goalscorer Silva. Risk 1 Unit to win 9. LOSS
          Spain v. Italy: Spain (-145). Risk 4 Units to win 2.75. LOSS
          Ireland v. Croatia: Time of First Goal: After 27th minute. Risk 7 units to win 6.36 LOSS

Results:
          3 Wins, 1 Push, 7 Losses. - 12.09 Units.

Tough start to the tournament. Iniesta and Silva both had good chances to open the scoring but missed them. I got pissed off and chased losses with a bigger bet on Ireland v. Croatia - bad money management.

Will research the matches tomorrow - don't have a strong lean on France v. England and Sweden v. Ukraine will probably be a crapshoot. I may just sit tomorrow out. No need to gamble everytime.

Comment

Hang in there.

I was very surprised at seeing so many goals in the Croatia match. And the Netherlands to LOSE .... ugggh.....Lost some change on taking them to go all the way.

Good luck tomorrow.
            If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
            What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

France pick (-160) is worth a play. As is Malouda to score - he will play in the attacking midfield role and look to link with Ribery and Benzema.

France pick (-160). Risk 5 units to win 3.13.
              Malouda to score. Risk 1 unit to win 5.

No plays on Ukraine v. Sweden. Will not be watchin the matches today, will catch up after work.

Comment

No plays today. No strong leans on the matches. I still really like Russia but their thrashin of the Czechs depended on the Czechs playing wide open and allowing Russia to counter. I see Poland playing more conservative. Earning a point would be huge.

Really looking hard at the Netherlands v Germany match tomorrow.

Comment

Germany v. Netherlands

Not going to overthink this one. Netherlands back is against the wall and they must push for three points to have hope of advancing. Their Defense is shaky and I particularly like the matchup of Boateng and Muller on the right flank against the inexperienced Afellay and Jetro Williams. Holland have to attack, thats what they do and what they are most comfortable with. Germany will be more than happy to play the counterattack. I think they get a goal at some point and Holland push like hell to level or go ahead. Should be a great battle.

Both Teams to Score: Risk 7 units to win 5.83.

Comment

Glad the Dutch scored for you. Nice one.
                    Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

France pick (-240) against Ukraine tomorrow. Risk 7 units to win 3. Not much time to write anything up, work is nuts right now. Sheva stole the victory for Ukraine against Sweden, France will get the 3 points they need to solidify their spot in the knockout round.

Comment

Lets see if we could hit them today
                        :beerbang:

Comment

Russia moneyline (-150) risk 5 units to win 3.33.

Greece has another odd lineup, looks like they will try topush forward. Russia will murder them on the counter.

Poland pick (-160) Risk 4 units to win 3.

Lewandowski first goalscorer. Risk 2 units to win 10

Comment

Will be on the Netherlands today. Really looking at playing Denmark +1 also. Waiting to see the lineups...

Comment

Netherlands pick. Risk 10 units to win 7.33.

Netherlands v. Portugal over 2.5 goals. Risk 5 units to win 3.33.

Van der Vaart and Sneijder both in the midfield, the Big Game Hunter starting, should be a pretty open match.

Comment

Croatia v. Spain Under 3 goals. Risk 3 units.

:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                                X