This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Fight Night 12/8

Clay Guida -135 (haven't put it down yet cause I'm hoping for this line to further drop)
    10 units

I'm very confident in Clay Guida, this is gonna be a close fight but I don't see Guida losing. As soon as this fight was announced, I immediately was leaning towards Guida. Standing, Guida's striking has improved, and huerta's is nothing to cheer about, in fact its very sloppy. Huerta's game in general is pretty loose, but he has a goood gas tank. Guida is tough as nails and will push the pace tremendously. Huerta thinks his wrestling is just as good, I don't think so, I think Guida will be able to handle him on the ground. BJJ really won't be a factor. Huerta has not fought the same competition... this is his first fight where the UFC has not handed him an opponent. Huerta's past fights are situations where he definitely should've finished his opponent. How in the hell he didn't sotp alberto crane, is beyond me. He was also in slopfest of the year with leonard garcia, that shouldn't have gone to the judges. Guida has only lost in the ufc against people which are either better at striking than him (din thomas), or slick as hell on the ground (tyson griffin). Huerta is neither. Both fighters have trained very hard, but I feel Guida is hungrier, and more confident... and he should be.

parlay #1 - 2 units to win 8

Goulet (should ko paul, but goulet is very susceptible to subs, hoping he doesnt get caught here)
    Danzig (this one I'm somewhat worried about after placing the bet because of the size advantage Tommy will have. That said, Danzig has superior technique both standing and on the ground. I think Mac will sub him).
    Saunders (rematch of a fight on the show, Saunders is much taller, and trains with a great team, ATT).
    George (should not lose here).
    Arroyo (John is tough but Matt is much more well rounded and should be able to sub him if it goes to the ground).

Yukon is nuts parlay #2 - 1.5 units to win 31

Guida
    Jon Koppenhaver (bigger and stronger than j-roc, if he fights intelligently he will win, and at EV odds, hes a very good value)
    Danzig
    Saunders
    George
    Hightower (more well rounded than Troy who didn't show me much while on the show. Richie is also a stronger puncher).
    Arroyo

Best of luck to all, Saturday is gonna be awesome. Guida and Huerta should be an awesome fight! I'm looking forward to Hatton/Mayweahter most though :beerbang:

huerta did stop crane if my memory is right.... that was the fight in which crane had his back and roger used the monitor to throw wicked elbows to cranes head.. that didnt go to the score cards roger stopped him in the third round.... its a tosss up for me as i like both clay and roger,, both are classy guys............ and garcia is no pushover either, dudes face looked like hamburger when roger got done with him......... clay and roger should be a great fight.......

Comment

****, was typing alot and didn't say "earlier". Crane's standup is pathetic, his only asset is bjj... Huerta should've stomped a hole in him. Crane was so gassed from what I remember, I could not believe that Roger didn't annihilate him earlier in the fight. Garcia likes to mix it up, but again Huerta shouldve beat him int he first or second round, instead it went to a decision and both looked sloppy as ****. Cole Miller, who was an ultimate fighter contestant put a f'ing clinic on Garcia... and thats AFTER garcia had been training with Greg Jackson. Alot of people liked that fight, those people shoudl go to a bar and watch a brawl...

My point is, the competition Huerta has not even beat decisively, I have this gut feeling that Guida would've clearly gotten the job done. Like I said Guida's level of competition has been insane compared to Huerta (the spoon fed UFC poster boy) and it started with Josh Thomson, where he was able to completely outwork him for 5 rounds and capture the strikeforce belt.
      Last edited by yukoncornelius; 12-07-2007, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Good luck Yukon. Pics look solid! I love that Clay pick! That has the making for fight of the year, both guys bring amazing energy, should be non stop action. No way this one lets us down. Still making up my mind, Ill probably wait until tomorrow afternoon. I too like that goofball Goulet......Terrible hair cut, but good fighter...LOL!! I like both Tommy and Danzig. Wouldnt mind seeing either get the contract. The farmboy is just so damn tough...but, Danzig training at Randys gym just seems like money to me buddy. His mma skill is already far superior to tommys, and with Randy and the crew helping him gameplan, just think skill will beat strength. Im just really hoping the main event goes off early so i can flip over to the Money Maywether fight......You are correct sir, Saturday is going to be GREAT!!:beerbang:

Comment

Some crazy line movement, I should've waited on my parlays. Hightower/Mandaloniz dropped to an even fight at -115. I guess people think because Troy trains with BJ Penn, that hes good lolz. War Machine (koppenhaver) went to +120... I simply can't explain that... especially when hes -120 favorite on bookmaker. Guida fell to -125, I put 5 units on him, hoping he drops a little further and I'll put the rest on him.

1.5 units Koppenhaver +120

Comment

Originally posted by yukoncornelius View Post
            ****, was typing alot and didn't say "earlier". Crane's standup is pathetic, his only asset is bjj... Huerta should've stomped a hole in him. Crane was so gassed from what I remember, I could not believe that Roger didn't annihilate him earlier in the fight. Garcia likes to mix it up, but again Huerta shouldve beat him int he first or second round, instead it went to a decision and both looked sloppy as ****. Cole Miller, who was an ultimate fighter contestant put a f'ing clinic on Garcia... and thats AFTER garcia had been training with Greg Jackson. Alot of people liked that fight, those people shoudl go to a bar and watch a brawl...

My point is, the competition Huerta has not even beat decisively, I have this gut feeling that Guida would've clearly gotten the job done. Like I said Guida's level of competition has been insane compared to Huerta (the spoon fed UFC poster boy) and it started with Josh Thomson, where he was able to completely outwork him for 5 rounds and capture the strikeforce belt.
            yukon i understand what your saying about who he has fought, and he may very well get beat by clay.. you cant blame roger for his opponents, he does not choose who he fights, i think the guy has alot of talent,he is a surviver, maybe he fights down to his competition like so many fighters do........ gonna go out on a limb here, but i say roger is in this fight and has a very good chance of beating clay,, thats why the odds are where they are, no one sees clay walking through roger like he isnt there......clay better bring his lunch cause this wont be a walk in the park.........i cant wait:beerbang: good luck on your plays no bets for me,as i am still in the poor house..........

Comment

I feel ya.... I just have never liked how Roger fights (and haven't seen enough improvement), and feel Guida is a more polished, progressed fighter. If Clay loses, I'll learn my lesson haha.

Comment

WOW what a fight between War Machine and Rollins!:thumbs:

Comment

Well I won my first parlay, I won koppenhaver (which was an insane fight) but the entire night was ruined by huerta. The fight was goign EXACTLY as I thought it would the first 2 rounds. Guida unfortunately slipped up and got subbed in the 3rd (after pretty much completely controlling the first 2).

Comment

UNREAL main event. Damn! Clay had his ass Yukon:bang: :bang: How the hell did Roger survive the 2nd??? His ass was rocked and I cannot believe Clay couldnt finish him. Clay cracks me up, that dude is a nut! It was hillarious to watch those two, clay looks like he is on crack, and Roger has a poker face. Great fight, Just wish Clay could of hung on and got that win, would have been HUGE for him.:puke: The only thing worse than seeing the Carpenter lose was having to listen to Ken-Flow! I really cant stand that dude, Id love to watch either of those guys pound his fricken head in!

Comment

Originally posted by No1mikefan View Post
                      UNREAL main event. Damn! Clay had his ass Yukon:bang: :bang: How the hell did Roger survive the 2nd??? His ass was rocked and I cannot believe Clay couldnt finish him. Clay cracks me up, that dude is a nut! It was hillarious to watch those two, clay looks like he is on crack, and Roger has a poker face. Great fight, Just wish Clay could of hung on and got that win, would have been HUGE for him.:puke: The only thing worse than seeing the Carpenter lose was having to listen to Ken-Flow! I really cant stand that dude, Id love to watch either of those guys pound his fricken head in!
                      Totally agree no1mike...

This is a situation where I know I made the right call...but was simply unlucky to say the least. Sucks too cause Guida is a great fighter and deserved to win this fight.:bang:

Comment

Originally posted by yukoncornelius View Post
                        Totally agree no1mike...

This is a situation where I know I made the right call...but was simply unlucky to say the least. Sucks too cause Guida is a great fighter and deserved to win this fight.:bang:
                        well YUKON i tried telling you roger would be no pushover... guess what.. clay got beat, AND I TOLD U SO.............YEAH GUIDA IS GREAT THats why he lost because he is so ****en great........... WAR HUERTA:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
                          well YUKON i tried telling you roger would be no pushover... guess what.. clay got beat, AND I TOLD U SO.............YEAH GUIDA IS GREAT THats why he lost because he is so ****en great........... WAR HUERTA:beerbang:
                          Ignore the 14 year old with no money to bet on anything cause he's lost it all yelling at you yukon...... Gotta love the big know-it-alls who can't put their money where there mouth is because they don't have any.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                            Ignore the 14 year old with no money to bet on anything cause he's lost it all yelling at you yukon...... Gotta love the big know-it-alls who can't put their money where there mouth is because they don't have any.
                            cuse go **** yourself how do you like that..............

Comment

skank

Comment

Working...
                              X