Hopkins Vs Wright

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins Vs Wright

just curious but is any true boxing fan looking forward to this??? one word................. WHY? another reason mma is going to take over in the usa...........

this fight might not be that bad actually.......however id really like to see a pretty boy floyd vs. sugar shane fight sometime in the near future i think sugar shane can come with the power and speed, that mayweather may not be able to handle
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

I'll probably end up taking Hopkins haven't looked into the fight that much though it's not until the end of July I think.
      “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

Not looking forward to it, but I'll watch it.
        Nice tactical match

I'm taking Winky by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
          just curious but is any true boxing fan looking forward to this??? one word................. WHY? another reason mma is going to take over in the usa...........

Yes i am looking forward to this fight .. Big Time .. Great Technical Fight this one should be .. Very hard fight to call IMO .. Winky is a great fighter, but Bernard could frustrate him .. This won't be a slugfest by all means IMO but if you like a good fight between two great defensive,technical,sound fighters this one is for you.
          Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
            this fight might not be that bad actually.......however id really like to see a pretty boy floyd vs. sugar shane fight sometime in the near future i think sugar shane can come with the power and speed, that mayweather may not be able to handle

ME TOO .. However i don't think Mosley stands a chance . I would love to see it happen

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Bernard Hopkins

I would have a hard time betting against B HOP

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

My first thought when I saw this match up was damn, how boaring can they get? After thinking about it, I agree that it will be an outstanding "technical" fight between two guys with great defense. Where is the offense going to come from? I dont know, Id watch because I have been a long time fan of BHop but other than that I could care less. I would bet the over but I know the books will make the juice so high that it wont be worth the risk. Havent seen any lines but I cant see this one ending early??? I hope for these guys sake and for the sport that it somehow winds up exciting for the fans! The sport needs it, even though I prefer MMA these days part of me will always pull for boxing.

Comment

jesus h christ im sorry i asked:nuts:

Comment

mma is where its at.............yep bhop or winky wont have a mark on them over 12........... the over 11.5 i think was like -500..........wtf does that tell you??? i did hear if bhop wins james the animal scott is coming out of retirement:nuts: boxing is purely pitiful these days....... when was the last time we saw a gati vs ward type fight, other than gati vs ward???? survey says............ we havent........... with that said i do love watching pacman fight.............. bhop vs winky i would like to see them use ufc gloves for this fight,not the pillows they will likely adorn on their greedy little hands:beerbang: ..........sorry guys this matchup just doesnt give me a hardon

Comment

I think HALF THE PROBLEM is

People can't discuss Boxing without bringing up MMA

Two totally different sports here ...

MMA is huge yes, but Boxing is still Boxing and will be around forever..

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
                        People can't discuss Boxing without bringing up MMA

Two totally different sports here ...

MMA is huge yes, but Boxing is still Boxing and will be around forever..
                        It's just EddieP who has his hardon for MMA fighting and can't go one sentence without bringing it up. I hate to tell him, but there's plenty of people who don't give a crap about MMA. He talks about MMA as if it were pro football or something. I've never watched an MMA fight in my life. I couldn't even tell you what channel it's on or if it's Pay Per View or free. Has it surpassed boxing? Maybe with the under 30 demographic it has (I honestly wouldn't know because I don't know MMA's ratings), but in the scheme of sports importance both are still pimples on the ass of the NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, NCAAB, NCAAF, and big time Golf events even (maybe they trump the NHL, haha).

If the powers that be of boxing were ever gutted and run correctly, MMA would be less than the nothing it already is. Just look at how many people bought the De La Hoya vs Maywaether fight. People yearn for great boxing because it's insanely entertaining when it's a good fight.

Comment

yeah when has there been a good fight to be entertained with??? either my memory sucks or their hasnt been any lately....i know of no one that paid 54.95 to watch oscar and floyd that were actually happy with the money they spent.i watched the fight for free,i wouldnt spend 5 bucks watching those dancers....the fight ****en sucked and if anyone thinks otherwise they are brain dead....the nfl and fighting have nothing to do with each other i would much rather watch college football some of those games might even be on the up and up............mma is nothing you say,,you might try and watch some time..........mma is in fact the most exciting sport on this planet,, you dont think so cuse fan thats your problem.........and cuse if you dont give a crap about mma why are you even talking about it? .......golf oh god,, as far as golf i have the same opinion on golf as george carlin.....nascar,,watch some good ole boys drive around in circles yep how great is that......... UFC 71 ANYONE???:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
                            yeah when has there been a good fight to be entertained with??? either my memory sucks or their hasnt been any lately....i know of no one that paid 54.95 to watch oscar and floyd that were actually happy with the money they spent.i watched the fight for free,i wouldnt spend 5 bucks watching those dancers....the fight ****en sucked and if anyone thinks otherwise they are brain dead....the nfl and fighting have nothing to do with each other i would much rather watch college football some of those games might even be on the up and up............mma is nothing you say,,you might try and watch some time..........mma is in fact the most exciting sport on this planet,, you dont think so cuse fan thats your problem.........and cuse if you dont give a crap about mma why are you even talking about it? .......golf oh god,, as far as golf i have the same opinion on golf as george carlin.....nascar,,watch some good ole boys drive around in circles yep how great is that......... UFC 71 ANYONE???:beerbang:
                            I think otherwise and i am not brain dead .. .. and MMA may be the most exciting sport on the planet for you, but it's not for everybody... I paid 54.95 to watch PBF and ODLH and i was 100% satisfied and again I am not brain dead .. How did you watch the fight for free ?

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

EddieP - As usual, you completely missed my point (at least Willi got it, as always). I got the De La Hoya vs Mayweather fight with some friends, and personally was not happy with it. I alos knew going into it (being a semi-knowledgeable boxing fan that Mayweather would never knock him out, and it would be pretty lucky if De La Hoya did). That said, that fact has nothing to do with the point I was making. I'm glad you enjoy your UFC and I have nothing against it. I wasn't even saying there was anything at all wrong with UFC, but you jump the gun and always like like the UFC is most popular thing on Earth, when the simple fact is that it's definitely not... The point was that if boxing were run correctly, it would once again be a huge deal (and I don't think there's many who would disagree with that). Also, you can be juvenile all you want and make bad jokes with misspelled curse words about big time Golf events like the Masters or US Open, and NASCAR, but they are still more watched than UFC fights I would be willing to bet.

Anyway, good luck with everything, hope the UFC is profitable wagering for you :thumbs:
                              Last edited by CuseFan10; 05-21-2007, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X