Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No1mikefan
    replied
    Yea, Yukon, I got greedy. Happens everytime! Its just like the damn NBA when I chase the late night west coast games!! Kick myself in the nuts everytime! Oh well, that was such a good card that it took some of the sting out of losing my loot. I cant wait for tomorrow night. Im not betting any on the UFC as of yet, just hope B.J. brings it! if you saw that pre fight show, Bad Blood, B.J. looked as good as ever! He really looks in shape when he is coming in at 155! doesnt have that chubby little kid look to him. I hope it goes all 3, I want to see a war!! :beerbang:

Leave a comment:

• yukoncornelius
    replied
    I'm surprised Daley beat Ludwig like that... I wouldnt' have put it on it like you did no1mike, oh well though.

Some cool fights tommorow too, including kimbo vs mercer as well. Don't forget, the MONEY MAKING event is July 7th, where I'm pretty much predicting 3 upsets in Marquardt, Hermes (tho I might switch to Sherk given how Hermes is content to be in his opponent's guard) and Rashad.

Leave a comment:

• EddieP
    replied
    cung lee is terrific:beerbang: well another 150 clams down the toilet:bang:

Leave a comment:

• EddieP
    replied
    :bang: **** total wipe out for me hit one out of 10 parlays with i think one pending............i gotta quit this ****.................baroni is a ****en ***:blackeye:

Leave a comment:

• No1mikefan
    replied
    :bang: I made money on Ninja and Cung lee. My dumb ass looks at my account and saw that they already paid me so I put it all on single bet on BANG ludwig:bang: :bang: Why couldnt i just have left **** alone? That always happens when I get greedy and try to get just a little more?? Damn I have a hard head :bang: :bang:

Leave a comment:

• No1mikefan
    replied
    - LIVE RESULTS: SHAMROCK VS. BARONI
    Friday, June 22, 2007 - MMAWeekly LIVE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MMAWeekly.com brings you LIVE RESULTS from today's Strikeforce and EliteXC co-promoted “Shamrock vs. Baroni” event from the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif. The opening bouts are scheduled to start shortly after 4:15pm PT / 7:15pm ET.

Please check back often and refresh your browser to see the latest results as they come in from San Jose.

STRIKEFORCE/ELITE XC:
    “SHAMROCK VS. BARONI”
    SAN JOSE, CALIF.

MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT
    Sam Spengler vs. Seth Kleinbeck

RD1- Spengler forces the clinch along the fence. After a period of long inactivity they are broken up. Spengler goes for a takedown and Kleinbeck sprawls and throws small punches until the end of the round.

RD2- Spengler again charges in for a takedown and they clinch along the fence. Kleinbeck lands a shot to Spengler's groin and the action is halted while he recovers. Restarted, Kleinbeck gets a takedown ans starts to unload punches on Spengler, who isn't defending as Herb Dean steps in to stop the fight.

Seth Kleinbeck by TKO (Due to Strikes) at 2:55, Round 2

BANTAMWEIGHT BOUT
    Chris Cariaso vs. Anthony Figueroa

Chris Cariaso def. Anthony Figueroa by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28), 3 Rounds

SUPER-HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT
    Rex Richards vs. Ray Seraille

Rex Richards def. Ray Seraille by TKO (Due to Strikes) at 0:37, Round 1

WELTERWEIGHT BOUT
    Jason Von Flue vs. Luke Stewart

Luke Stewart def. Jason Von Flue by TKO (Due to Strikes) at 2:17, Round 3

WELTERWEIGHT BOUT
    Mike Pyle vs. Aaron Wetherspoon

RD1 - Wetherspoon landed some good shots, but Pyle came back strong with a takedown. Wetherspoon got back up and landed a couple of shots and was the aggressor throughout the first.

RD2 - Wetherspoon did more of the same in the 2nd landing shots and still being more aggressive.

RD3 - Traded on their feet, then Pyle took Wetherspoon down and worked his ground and pound attack through the rest of the round.

Mike Pyle def. Aaron Wetherspoon by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-27, 30-27), 3 Rounds

MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT
    Nik Theotikos vs. Nick Covert
    RD1 - The fighters came and circled, then clinched along the fence. Theotikos then separated and started unloading a series of punches that knocked out Covert. Paramedics in the ring looking over Covert.

Nik Theotikos def. Nick Covert by KO at 1:13, Round 1

LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT
    Edson Berto vs. Victor “Joe Boxer” Valenzuela
    RD1 - Berto landed a couple of kicks to the body and then took Boxer down. Berto was stuck in butterfly guard for a few moments, then got up and dropped back into a heel hook to finish the fight.

Edson Berto def. Victor "Joe Boxer" Valenzuala by Submission (Heel Hook) at 0:47, Round 1

HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT
    Carter Williams vs. Paul Buentello
    RD1 - Both fighters came out swinging and surprisingly Williams took Buentello down, but Buentello got right back up. The rest of the round, they clinched up with Williams initiating the clinch. Buentello was landing knees and punches for the rest of the round, while Williams tried to get the fight back to the mat.

RD2 - Buentello started out quick, landing several upper cuts. Williams went down, Buentello followed him and landed another couple of shots and the referee stopped the fight.

Paul Buentello def. Carter Williams by TKO (Due to Strikes) at 0:10, Round 2

ELITE XC MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT
    Joey Villasenor vs. Murilo “Ninja” Rua
    RD1 - Villasenor rocked Ninja with a punch before being taken down. Ninja landed in side mount, but Villasenor reversed. Villasenor locked on a guillotine that Ninja escaped. They went back to the ground with Villasenor on top ground and pounding. Ninja scrambled out to a heel hook attempt. Villasenor escaped and they got back to their feet. Ninja took Villasenor down again and landed elbows from side mount. Villasenor made it back to his feet again, but Ninja again took him down and worked ground and pound from side mount and then went for a Kimura. Villasenor escaped, but just as the round ended, Ninja attained the mount.

RD2 - Ninja starts off with a flying knee, before both fighters start exchanging punches, but Ninja was landing the harder shots. He knocked Villasenor down with a hook, followed him down and rained down punches until they stopped the fight.

Murilo "Ninja" Rua def. TKO (Due to Strikes) at 1:05, Round 2

Murilo "Ninja" Rua is the first ever EliteXC Middleweight Champion

LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT
    Josh Thomson vs. Nick Gonzalez
    RD1 - Thomson throws a head kick and then a superman punch which missed, then went straight into a takedown, worked to Gonzalez's back. Gonzalez defended for a while, but Thomson eventually sunk in the choke to finish the fight.

Josh Thomson def. Nick Gonzalez by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:42, Round 1

MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT
    Cung Le vs. Tony Fryklund
    RD1 - Cung Le was basically landing any kind of striking technique that he wanted and dropped Fryklund with a hook about midway through the first round, but Fryklund got back up. Le continued to land shots almost at will throughout the round.

RD2 - Le starts off with a some good body kicks. The pace of the fight starts to slow down a little bit, Le looking a little more selective of his strikes before Fryklund lands a nice flurry of punches. Le keeps him at bay with his kicks though. Fryklund tries to flurry back, but doesn't land much, although Le appears to be tiring a bit. Both fighters are picking their shots a little more judiciously. Le lands a solid low kick. They exchange flurries before round two comes to an end.

R3 - Le throws a couple of side kicks to start off and then landed a body kick that hurt Fryklund and followed with a punch, a knee, another punch, and then a right hook that dropped Fryklund and the referee stopped the fight.

Cung Le def. Tony Fryklund by TKO (Due to Punch) at 0:25, Round 3

STRIKEFORCE MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT
    Frank Shamrock vs. Phil Baroni
    RD 1 - Both fighters started out swinging for the fences, then Baroni went for a takedown. It went to the ground, but Baroni stepped out of Shamrock's guard and they were back on the feet. Shamrock dropped Baroni with a flurry and then went down for a guillotine choke. Baroni got out, Shamrock then landed a couple of punches to the back of Baroni's head and was deducted a point. The rest of the round, Shamrock was rocking Baroni with punches and Baroni trying to take Shamrock down. The round ended with Baroni in Shamrock's guard.

RD 2 - Baroni starts landing the cleaner punches, but Shamrock is landing low kicks. Shamrock starts landing punches as they're up against the cage, but then the pace started to slow. Baroni lands a couple of huge shots that hurt Shamrock. But Shamrock started firing back some shots of his own, Baroni smiling back. Shamrock then landed a nice flurry that rocked Baroni and Baroni went for the takedown again, holding on to Shamrock's legs. Shamrock spins around and gets to Baroni's back and has a rear naked choke locked on and Baroni passed out.

Baroni woke up and stormed out of the cage.

Both fighters wearing a lot of damage on their faces.

Frank Shamrock def. Phil Baroni by TKO (Passed out due to Choke) at 4:00, Round 2

Frank Shamrock is the new Strikeforce Middleweight Champion

WELTERWEIGHT BOUT (SWING BOUT)
    Paul Daley vs. Duane “Bang” Ludwig
    RD1 - They start off feeling each other out, Daley throwing a couple of low kicks. They clinched briefly, but separated. Daley looking for the takedown. Ludwig then controlling along the fence, but then reversing. Both fighters missing a few techniques, but then Ludwig countering with a nice 1-2 combination. They clinch again along the fence, trading knees. Daley takes Ludwig down, but they get back up and circle. Ludwig lands a kick to the body and Daley flurries in response. Both fighters are a little careful picking their shots as the round closes.

RD2 - Both fighters seem to be throwing with a little more intention. Daley lands a right cross that dropped Ludwig, followed him down and finished him off with strikes.

Paul Daley def. Duane Ludwig by TKO (Due to Strikes) at 0:42, Round 2

Leave a comment:

• EddieP
    replied
    did rua and wetherspoon win??

Leave a comment:

• EddieP
    replied
    right now i bet ya a million i could take baroni,, thought he had better whiskers than that

Leave a comment:

• EddieP
    replied
    mike i need the other results who were the winners??? i had shamcock on a few parlays.........baroni blows, what a **** to shoot his mouth like that and then get owned:bang:

Leave a comment:

• yukoncornelius
    replied
    THAT was a great ******* fight. It was so obvious that Shamrock prepared waaaaaaaaay more for this fight than he did with Renzo. That and Bang Ludwig losing were my only 2 hiccups :( Ehh, oh well.. more mma tommorow night!

Leave a comment:

• No1mikefan
    replied
    Damn EddieP, Its always one guy that blows your payouts??? That sucks! that was one hell of a main event huh?? damn they were going at it! Im still in awe, they were trying to take each others heads off!!!

Leave a comment:

• No1mikefan
    replied
    HOLY S@%T That was one of the best cards I have seen yet. WOW, what a main event. Tough break Yukon, Baroni didnt look right?? no way Shamrock should of owned him like that? WOW, that was one hell of a fight, Hats off to the strikeforce/Proelite card, Awesome!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• EddieP
    replied
    baroni the bad ass,got his bad ass kicked all over the ring.....shamrock owned him!!!!!!! the shame of it all:bang: killed most of my parlays as well....................:blackeye:

Leave a comment:

• EddieP
    replied
    cung le is unbelievable..........i never heard of him,,,,,,, man could he kick:beerbang:

Leave a comment:

• EddieP
    replied
    carter williams is on tonights card as well,,,,,,, wonder if he will be as good in mma as he was k1??? tonight he faces Paul Buentello...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X