No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs Wright

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont know why ESPN was holding B-Hops nuts like that Cusefan??? But Im telling you, after seeing their post fight summary, I was kicking myself in the nuts for missing it! They made it seem to be the best fight since who knows.... after reading the forum opinions, I sure as hell dont know where ESPN was coming from. They sure as hell had an agenda in their reporting and that was to say how great the fight was and how Incredible B-Hop is!! Dont know?? but as a Hopkins fan, it was all good with me??

Birdsfan-
    thanks for the lead, I know of other sites, but that is a welcomed addition for next time...I owe you yet another one buddy!!! LOL!!:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
      What the **** is Stephen A Smith doing interviewing boxing guys?

If it's not Brian Kenny or big mouth Max Kellerman (or Teddy Altas even), I don't want to hear **** from anyone at ESPN on a boxing match.

Brian Kenny and Shane mosley were the ones I was referring to. They made it seem like I missed EVERYTHING??? I can understand Mosley spinning the fight in Hopkins direction with the whole Golden boy Promotions....but Brian Kenny was right there with him....Dont know, off to find the video......

Comment

Thanks guys. My boxing picks seem to be back on track. I was in a dip for a little bit months ago but came back strong. I follow boxing more than anything else, so for me to call a fight wrong really gets to me, on a personal level.

It was a good fight. Two highly skilled fighters going at it. If you expect a slugfust or anything else, then ya...MMA is for you. If you want to see 2 high caliber grade A fighters play a 12 round chess match then this fight defines it. The dirty fighting did taint it a bit. Hopkins fights dirty, and the ref was more than generous, but the way the scores ended up it wouldnt have mattered. I had Hopkins 115-113. Winky just didn't do anything. His shots are so hard to see, quick, on the inside, pitter patters that you really can't give much on them.

Hopkins won the fight, but the scores were exagerrated. Hopkins didn't crush Winky, but he did beat him...that's all I can really say. You just have to watch it for yourself. For Winky to say he won is a little absurd.

On the undercard, I dont know if anyone noticed but I missed my over by 23 seconds!!! I was like "ahh...I got this in the bag...next...etc...". Was about to get up and take a break, then BOOM right hand and ref stoppage. Good stoppage I guess, but comon...23 seconds left!!!

OK day I guess. Came up a little here, got juiced in baseball with the 1-1...overall night, didn't come up much, but had fun watching it all.

Comment

winky said the cut bothered him,,they made so much about that........what about the aussie lightweight(forget his name) on the undercard that had his eye pretty much smashed in and not able to see for 8 out of 12 rounds??? if winkys eye was anywhere near that he would have quit on his stool or someone would have stopped it.........never have i seen a guy so damaged in a fight early on and still continue,, then win a unanimous dec........styles make fights, and while i thought the bhop fight was a joke, some may enjoy that type of fight, just not into that type of thing......... anyways congrats to bhop backers, thats some nice cash you guys made...........:beerbang:

Comment

Oh ya, that cut was really bad. To the point they probably would have stoppped it if it weren;t such a high profile fight. The cutman did a really good job though. It definately effected the fight, but I dont think it effected the outcome. With scores like 117-111, the judges were on Hopkins regardless.

The Aussie's face was messed up, and he won the fight. The guy is cool, we just have to see more of him.

Comment

MICHAEL KATSIDIS vs CZAR AMONSOT

Just caught a copy of this undercard fight you guy were talking about. Unbelievable, your guys were right, GREAT FIGHT!! That dude from Australia has some kind of conditioning to bang that hard for 12 rounds! WOW! Not to mention that NASTY left eye, ouch!! GREAT fight, its on youtube if anyone else hasn't seen it. Go check it out, still looking for B-hop video if anyones got it.
              :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by No1mikefan View Post
                Go check it out, still looking for B-hop video if anyones got it.
                :beerbang:
                Here is the British feed of the fight.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I don't know if we are allowed to post links on this site. If we aren't, just let me know and I won't do it again. Apoligies in advance.

Comment

:bow: V3, Thank you sir......appreciate the hook up, super clear feed cant beat it! Ill be honest, that fight had about 10 times the action that I thought it would. Yea, it was kinda tough to watch seeing as it was a lot of inside boxing, lot of punches that werent landing but I thought it was pretty good! It was hard for me to watch without any bias seeing as how Im a long time B-Hop fan but I'd give him the fight close as it was. 117-111 on two judges score cards sure as hell didnt make any sense but what do I know???

THANKS AGAIN V3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beerbang:

Comment

thats him ( MICHAEL KATSIDIS ) i cant remember seeing a guy any tougher than that dude........he had multiple cuts on that eye that was closed....no doubt he won the fight big time, but how the heck did they let it continue??? fenick and:beerbang: zsu have nothing on this guy........ like v3 said i hope we get to see more of him......what a tough sob:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
                      thats him ( MICHAEL KATSIDIS ) i cant remember seeing a guy any tougher than that dude........he had multiple cuts on that eye that was closed....no doubt he won the fight big time, but how the heck did they let it continue??? fenick and:beerbang: zsu have nothing on this guy........ like v3 said i hope we get to see more of him......what a tough sob:beerbang:
                      thats the first guy i thought of when I seen katsidas. He really reminded me of Jeff fenick when he fought azuma nelson. Constant action, lots of heart!
                      definately one entertaining fight!

Comment

Working...
                      X