X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Night Boxing : 8-4-07

Diaz -120 vs Morales -110
    1.2 On Diaz To Pay 1
    I wish there were odds on Morales to announce retirement after this fight.

Vazquez +250 vs Marquez -300
    1.5 On Vazquez To Pay 3.75
    OK, so Marquez can hold at this weight. Ya, Vazquez quit last time out, and he was behind a point or two on score cards, with plenty of rounds to go. He broke his nose a couple months before that fight and it was not ready. He needed an extra month to heal, and it still wasn't ready. Vasquez scored a knockdown, and started comming back strong in the mid rounds until he couldn't breathe anymore. Marquez fades after 6 rounds, Vazquez gets stronger. If Vazquez can weather the first 3 rounds unscathed then Marquez is dust. If his nose holds up, Marquez is going down. I watched this climb high enough, locking it in at 250.

On Israel as well V3. The price is too hard to ignore. The last fight was great until Vazquez had to quit cause he couldn't breathe from the broken nose. Tnight should be entertaining also.

1 UNIT EACH
    Israel Vazquez (+220) over Rafael Marquez
    David Diaz (-120) over Erik Morales
    Ulises Solis (-200) over Rodel Mayol

JCC Jr is only -5550 :nuts:

I like Concepcion tonight too, but haven't made a play yet on it.

Loving the little men tonight

Comment

v3 any thoughts on the over and unders for tonight???

Comment

OK guys, stupid question here, but why in the hell do the books even put a line out like JCC Jr. at -5550? Is it just to try and sucker in some money on people who would be dumb/daring enough to take the dog? Believe me, Ive made some rediculous favorite bets in the past, but lines like this are complete garbage. If my math is correct, you could risk $27,750 to win back a whopping 5 bills!! but hey, its a gaurantee right.....:nuts: :puke: Just curious if anyone can help my dumb ass understand a line like this???

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
          v3 any thoughts on the over and unders for tonight???
          I think they will both have a really good chance of going th distance, espeically the Diaz vs Morales fight. Marquez vs Vazquez is at 9.5, that's really a toss up. If I was forced to play one I would take the Under. I think it would end in round 8 or 9, but Vazquez is enough of a dog in this one and I would like to root for him as a fan so I stayed away. But ya, Vazquez by KO9 is my bold prediction. I wont even be watching the PPV event.

Comment

Originally posted by No1mikefan View Post
            OK guys, stupid question here, but why in the hell do the books even put a line out like JCC Jr. at -5550? Is it just to try and sucker in some money on people who would be dumb/daring enough to take the dog? Believe me, Ive made some rediculous favorite bets in the past, but lines like this are complete garbage. If my math is correct, you could risk $27,750 to win back a whopping 5 bills!! but hey, its a gaurantee right.....:nuts: :puke: Just curious if anyone can help my dumb ass understand a line like this???
            I don't know if it was a typo or what but that Glen Johnson fight last week was posted as -60000 and he got the KO early. His opponent was +28000. Like I said I dont know if it was a typo (probably was) but if not than those are the craziest odds I have even seen in any fight.

I haven't calculated it but I would think bets like that (ie-taking JCC Jr.) in a parlay would make it even weaker.

Comment

HOLY SH@T FELLAS!!!! That Vasquez fight was INCREDIBLE!!! What a war, they went toe to toe the entire fight. Blood guts and beat downs.....thats what Im talking about! What a great fight!!!!:beerbang:

Comment

WHAT-A-FIGHT!! Definitely a good stoppage. Marquez was getting completely ****ed up. Man, what a fight. Congrats Verified, and Cuse! Nice call.
                2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Great fight between 2 high caliber boxers. Marquez punches are so technical and thudding, reminds me of Tszyu. As soon as I heard Marquez complaining about the wrapping, I knew he wasn't ready for what Vazquez was going to dish out.

Comment

NICE V3!!! Wish I would of tailed ya....LOL!!! YOUR BACK BUDDY!!!!:beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by No1mikefan View Post
                      NICE V3!!! Wish I would of tailed ya....LOL!!! YOUR BACK BUDDY!!!!:beer2:
                      Thanks Mike. I don't want to sound cocky, but I've been back :glass:

How they found to make Marquez a 3-1 fave was beyond me....

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
                        Thanks Mike. I don't want to sound cocky, but I've been back :glass:

How they found to make Marquez a 3-1 fave was beyond me....
                        I know buddy, just giving you a hard time! You sounded like you were starting to doubt yourself a couple weeks back, thats all! Damn, between you and Yukon, we souldnt be losing any fights.......LOL!!!

Way to go, solid pics V3!!!!!!! :beerbang:

Comment

Official score: 114-113, 115-112, 115-113 all for the winner and still champion David Diaz!

2-0
                          +4.75 for the night.

Ya, I was doubting myself a little over a month ago. I was making the right picks and getting screwed. Home town cooking, bad stoppages, it was really getting to me. I follow boxing more than anything, so when I'm wrong I take it to the heart, which I probably shouldn't do but oh well...

Came up nice tonight :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
                            I wish there were odds on Morales to announce retirement after this fight.
                            They just finished interviewing Morales and he said that this was probably his last fight. :)

Comment

thanks v3

v3 your on fire:beerbang: would you believe i placed one small parlay and hit it??? thanks for the winners:beerbang: i must question why i only put 25 bucks on it:bang: Accepted Date: Aug 04, 2007 01:07 AM - EST
                              Graded Date: August 05, 2007 12:17 AM - EST

Wager Type: Parlay(2 team)
                              Wager Status: Won
                              Risk: $25.00 (USD)
                              To Win Amount: $129.81 (USD)

Amount Paid: $154.81 (USD)

Description: Other Sports - 105 David Diaz -130 for Game Other Sports - 111 Israel Vazquez +250 for Game
                              Item #: 1
                              Wager Type: Money Line
                              Outcome: Win
                              Sport / Period: Boxing Other Sports / Game
                              Line: David Diaz 8/4/2007 - (EST)
                              Pitchers: N/A

* Game Notes: Lightweight Fight - Chicago, Illinois. Props available under Boxing Props and Future Bouts.
                              Item #: 2
                              Wager Type: Money Line
                              Outcome: Win
                              Sport / Period: Boxing Other Sports / Game
                              Line: Israel Vazquez 8/4/2007 - (EST)
                              +250
                              Pitchers: N/A

* Game Notes: Super Bantamweight Fight -Texas. Props available under Boxing Props and Future Bouts.

Comment

Working...
                              X