ufc 75

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yukoncornelius View Post
    I'd grab it now... Houston has no business being the favorite he is... hes all hype right now.

As far as the 4 fights you can bet on right now, I'm going to parlay Quinton, Bisping, Crocop, and Sakara... I'll probably only stay wiht those 4 even when the undercards come back online but who knows. I feel incredibly strong about Crocop (for good reason). Bisping should massacre Hammil standing, and be quick enough to not get layed on (lets hope so). I'll be DAMNED if sakara is not only a more technical striker than Houston, but hes also the better mma fighter. If Sakara loses, he should be banned from the ufc, seriously, he is PATHETIC if he loses. And then my favorite fighter - Quinton.... Henderson is a GREAT fighter, but quinton is stronger, a better striker, and becuase of the size difference I don't see Dan being able to hold him down. I'll prolly make a small back up wager on Dan though. I'm confident Quinton pulls it out though, the advantages matchup wise favor him.
    Ok, so here goes:

Cro Cop -359 5 units
    Bisping -246 4 units
    Sakara +161 1 unit.

I'm still not sure of the Jackson / Hendo fight... I don't mind Hendo as a dog, but I just can't see him knocking out Rampage, which I think is the only way he's taking him out.

valen.

Comment

Looks good...

I'd do 3 units on Bisping... He should win, but hes not the "strongest" guy on the ground where Hammil is going to try to hold him down the entire fight.

Henderson won't beat Rampage by TKO, he'll beat him by being very aggressive and controlling the fight to a decision (his nick name used to be Dan DECISION henderson hahaha). I still think Quinton is gonna win though (72% sure). Can't wait to see how the fight pans out. One thing is for sure, after Wednesday's countdown to UFC75 on spike, the public should head in the direction of Quinton making him the bigger fave.

Comment

there is a good video clip on the UFC site showing Rampage working with Sugar Shane Mosley for the Hendo fight. Man, that is like adding gas to a fire, should be great!! Damn I cant wait!!!!!! :beerbang: I think YUKON already pointed this out, after the countdown show or videos like this get out more, the line for rampage is sure to go up!! He looks great and you know how good the UFC is at Hyping these fights. I think I better go jump on Quinton and try to get some of that CHEDDA!!!!!

Comment

Well, the countdown show already aired in the UK, airs in the US tommorow night. I don't know how much the line will swing for Quinton, because they show some good stuff of Dan in the show. Plus alot of people only know QJ as the "guy who ko'd liddell".

Comment

damn Yukon, did you catch that on the net? I would have loved to see it. Oh well, tomorrow night will come soon enough! You point out that they say a lot about Dan as well, and Im SURE they will show the highlight of the Wandy KO! Your right that a lot of people only know Rampage from the Chuck fight. And Im sure many of them thought that was a fluke.....LOL!! (dumbasses). So I can see how most might think Dan will win if they Hype it as you say. I also have to think that a majority of the US fans have no idea who Dan is? They saw him come into the cage with the Pride belts, but a lot of them are bandwagon fans that probably thought "Pride who"? Does Vegas prey on the fact that casual mma fans that might bet dont know who Dan is? Do they play on the fact that more probably know Rampage?? Damn, I have confused myself right out of a pick.........LOL!!!!! I guess Ill wait closer to fight time to pull the trigger. Im going with Rampage based on his size and strength at 205, and what I believe is a RENEWED dedication to training with Jaunito and the rest. Also, as you and I have talked about many times, Quinton is motivated first and foremost by the money.....and he knows, winning an event airing on FREE t.v. will shoot his fame through the roof. I cant see Rampage letting this opportunity to impress U.S. fans and possible endorsers slip past him. Rampage by impressive victory= LOTS OF United States Green Backs!!!! With all that being said, I wont be suprised if Dan does it......LOL!!! Bottom line, they are both at the top of the food chain as Joe Rogan would say! Doesnt get much better than this fight fellas, IMO!!
            Im sure will talk more before sat!!!!!
            Good Luck Guys!!!

Comment

They don't hype Dan alot, but they replay that Wandy KO SEVERAL times hahaha. I think after watching the show most people will still think Quinton will win because Dan is largely unknown to the average mma person. They give both fighters their due credit. That said, Henderson is definitely a total badass and sounds pretty damn confident... the betting odds are actually pretty spot on. I still am rolling with QJ for the reasons I mentioned earlier. I think this is a GREAT matchup but hate the fact that if Dan loses, people will be like oh "pride was crap blah blah"... lol when in reality its not ufc vs pride, its pride vs pride (quinton made his waves in Pride just like Dan). Furthermore, I still see Shogun as the true champion of Pride (thank God hes in the ufc now). Shogun is one guy I would pick against Quinton.

Comment

um didnt shogun crush rampage??? if memory serves me right he broke his ribs in that fight? anyways even with broken ribs and getting ****en pounded jackson didnt give up, the ref stopped it...........rampage is one tough mother ,i see rua beating him again that s not to say rampage doesnt have a chance,because he does have a chance,and like he says his trainers are training him realllllllllllll gooooooooodddddddd..now:) .. anyways it is very easy to be a rampage fan,the guy is hilarious,he is cool and most of all he backs up what he says allthough he doesnt talk that much crapola as he would say...........if he beats the crap outta hendo i will never ask him for anything again:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Comment

Yes Shogun is the man, which is why hes one of few I'd pick against Quinton. On the otherhand, I truly believe QJ is a much more focused, well coached fighter.

Back to UFC 75... Eddie I get the sense that if Dan wins, he will instantly become your least favorite fighter hahaha. Even though hes a great guy/fighter, I hope Rampage pulls it out.

Have you guys seen the quest for the belt series on youtube that hendo created? Search for "quest for the belt"

Comment

yukon dan is very good,,,and he is a likeable guy as well...........i just like rampage a bit more...........i cant wait for the fights........tonight will be a warm up,i wont go crazy on tonights card because the well is fairly dry at this point...............

Comment

Originally posted by yukoncornelius View Post
                      They don't hype Dan alot, but they replay that Wandy KO SEVERAL times hahaha. I think after watching the show most people will still think Quinton will win because Dan is largely unknown to the average mma person. They give both fighters their due credit. That said, Henderson is definitely a total badass and sounds pretty damn confident... the betting odds are actually pretty spot on. I still am rolling with QJ for the reasons I mentioned earlier. I think this is a GREAT matchup but hate the fact that if Dan loses, people will be like oh "pride was crap blah blah"... lol when in reality its not ufc vs pride, its pride vs pride (quinton made his waves in Pride just like Dan). Furthermore, I still see Shogun as the true champion of Pride (thank God hes in the ufc now). Shogun is one guy I would pick against Quinton.

Well said Yukon! I agree, this is Pride vs. Pride. Its a shame the casual U.S. fans dont understand the history going into this fight. Oh well, their loss...LOL!! Damn its going to be a great fight. Im on Rampage, but its nice to see a main event where I wont be dissapointed either way. Usually, Im full of hate toward one of them........But Im just a hater......LOL!!! LETS GO SATURDAY, GET HERE ALREADY!!!!!!!

Comment

I have no choice but to win this Saturday .... (wec broke my spirit to say the least, even though I wasn't really down hardly any units, it was more of a win/lose thing, not money).

Here is a parlay I really like, insurance 1 : 1.6 payout
                        Crocop
                        Bisping
                        Marcus Davis

One possible dog I like is Drwal at +265 (value is there based on his record and reputation).

Then theres the original parlay of Quinton, Crocop, Bisping, Sakara. 1 : 6.09

I'm praying Sakara shows up in shape, and with a CHIN. Crocop will be showing up as the croatian special forces killing machine that he is... Bisping has wanted to finish off Hammil for a while. Quinton & Dan - its gonna be a war, for everyone else's sake, especially Eddie's I hope Rampage wins.

I have the image in my head of Drago in Rocky saying "I must break you", thinking of betus LOL.
                        Last edited by yukoncornelius; 09-06-2007, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I like Henderson in this one, just made up my mind.

Comment

Rumor has it that Fedor will be in the audience. the mma chat rooms are on fire claiming they will announce him being signed. One rumor has him banking 1.8 million per fight??? sounds like B.S. to me, but Dana even said he will be there to watch. Him signing........guess we'll have to wait and see. I for one will have my fingers, and toes crossed....LOL!! Should be very, very interesting...... Im with you guys, I NEED to make some Cheddah saturday...:bang: :bang: with my run of mma luck lately, Im leaning toward leaving the main event alone. Damn just want to see a good fight and not have to worry about donating any more loot to the man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
                              I like Henderson in this one, just made up my mind.
                              GOOD LUCK V3! This one is a coin toss to me..........:dunno: My heart says Rampage, my head has NO CLUE!!!!:nuts:

Comment

Originally posted by No1mikefan View Post
                                GOOD LUCK V3! This one is a coin toss to me..........:dunno: My heart says Rampage, my head has NO CLUE!!!!:nuts:
                                Thanks, but no action for me. I dont do online and I dont know any locals that will take MMA anymore. Eventually I have to figure something out. Just saying I like Dan in this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X