Atp/wta - French Open (5/26 - 6/8)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coreyschucky View Post
    The ATP and WTA seriously need to take a look at there sports and doing something about players tanking on purpose. Perfect situation is the match between Venus Williams and Flavia Pennetta. Pennetta clearly deserved to win the match don't get me wrong Venus played horrible but the match should have never been continued this evening. It's 9:48 PM right now when the match ended and mind you they DON'T have lights on the court. All the other matches on the other courts were suspended already but Venus asked for her match to continue. Why? Well she was down a set, a break and her sister lost earlier in the day. Soooo let me not try to win this match play in horrible light and purposely not try and fight and comeback. This is pathetic and the both sports seriously need to start fining players for pulling bull**** like this. It was clear that Venus had no intentions of fighting in this match and wanted to get it over as quick as possible.

i think her competitive juices took over and she was determined to get the 2nd set back on serve than quit for the night.....but she never got it to that point and eventually just lost
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

i feel your pain corey, the last few days have had some strange results and tank like looking jobs both on wta and atp....few plays stand out for me tomorrow...

ginepri -118 over serra...like the way robby is striking the ball, he looks comfortable on the clay, had a good tourney last week leading up to the french where he took out ancic and has looked solid in his 1st 2 wins of the tourney over young, and andreev who is no mug on the dirt...robby's superior fitness and forehand should be able to get him thru this match.

federer should beat ancic tomorrow, but that line is way high, might get a decent handicap games line on super mario...i think he can make this a tight match and possibly take a set if not i like him to keep it close..if the line is anything around +7 games id take a look

ferrer handicap over hewitt...hewitt not the same w that hip injury, both guys play a similar style tennis but bottom line is ferrer is fitter then lleyton, healthier then lleyton and has had better results of late, id think ferrer handles this one fairly easily and covers a modest hc games line if its reasonable...

also like monfils over melzer, davydenko but the line is high, and think wawa/gonzo will be a long battle, 4 sets possibly 5 there should be the match of the day imo

in wta i think kvitova and kanepi are live dogs

Comment

hope someone followed on ginepri and put some change down on kvitova and kanepi today...

for sunday, a lot of mismatches imo...BUT

i like the hometown hero llodra to upset gulbis, line has dropped some but still at +110 id back him there....also think phm takes at least 1 set from djokovic, havent seen a handicap line, but i think it goes over the 33.5 total games....aside from that almagro and nadal should roll...the wta matchups are tricky...dont really have a great read on them, id think pennetta gets thru, and so should ivanovic...the other 2 could go either way, if patty was healthy id def back her against srebotnik but she was having an injury issue so im gonna stay off that, and as good as radwanska has looked, its always hard to go against jankovic bc she always finds a way to end up in quarters/semis and even finals...

all in all, im gonna take llodra and the over 33.5 in phm/djo...maybe a hc on rafa or almagro if they pop up...GL all

Comment

Monday

ATP

10* Ivan Ljubicic (-142) Over Gael Monfils - 8:00 AM
          10* David Ferrer (-152) Over Radek Stepanek - 9:30 AM

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

nice hit on ferrer corey...dude is a battler thats for sure...

any thoughts on tomorrows matchups? id think nadal covers his handicap there and the gulbis/djo match is prob a 3 or 4 set win for djo...in WTA i think ana rolls patty, but im tempted to take a stab on suarez navarro, jankovic has been having all kinds of injury concerns they have to catch up to her at some point?

Comment

Ana should roll patty. I've watched some of Patty's matches and man she's a huge moonballer. Ana looks awesome so far and should win that match. JJ has plenty of injury concerns but she always does. I think CSN has had a fortunate draw so far. Dellacqua was dreadful in the last match not holding serve once but still managed to break CSN multiple times. I think JJ wins it in 2 easy sets although if the injuries are profound CSN can make it difficult. Other then that Nadal and Djokovic should win easily but Federer might struggle a bit with Gonzalez. Neither player is on top of there game and Federer barely got by Benneteau and also struggled a bit against Montanes.

Comment

yeah JJ is always hurt but somehow manages to win, i doubt ill pull the trigger on CSN...just stinks bc none of the lines are worth playing unless u play totals or handicaps....i agree w you tho on gonzo against federer, i watched gonzo today, and ginepri played a great match and still had no chance to win, gonzo was solid, fed hasnt impressed me much all yr, but gotta see if the line is right....rafa and djo on hc lines possibly for tomorrow

Comment

Wednesday

ATP

10* David Ferrer (-400) Over Gael Monfils - 9:30 AM

Good Luck to All!!!

Comment

What a ******* joke. Monfils should NEVER be in a semis of a major tournament. :puke:

Comment

can Fed take a set Corey?Thinking of jumping on Not Nadel to win 3-0:drive:

Comment

Working...
                      X