No announcement yet.

ATP/WTA - Australian Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my ass handed to me yesterday. Hopefully start to chip away at the deficit tonight.

Comment

Ginepri needs to retire from tennis after a loss like that:bang:

Comment

Tuesday

WTA

10* Melinda Czink (-280) Over Stefanie Voegele - 7:00 PM
        10* Tsvetana Pironkova (-195) Over Galina Voskoboeva - 7:00 PM
        10* Nadia Petrova (-290) Over Kaia Kanepi - 8:30 PM
        10* Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez (+105) Over Jie Zheng - 8:30 PM
        10* Alisa Kleybanova (-230) Over Sorana Cirstea - 11:30 PM

ATP

10* Phillip Kohlschreiber (-290) Over Wayne Odesnik - 10:00 PM

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

Hey man

What do you think of James Blake's chances against Del Potro. Del Potro is dealing with the wrist injury and this James first major in while not being ranked. He looked great in his first match as well.

I really like James Blake @+320

I also like Ivo Karlovic @-175 and Henin @-105

Comment

Originally posted by djmd31 View Post
            Hey man

What do you think of James Blake's chances against Del Potro. Del Potro is dealing with the wrist injury and this James first major in while not being ranked. He looked great in his first match as well.

I really like James Blake @+320

I also like Ivo Karlovic @-175 and Henin @-105
            Only reason to take Blake is if you think Del Potro's wrist injury is going to bother him or force him to retire. DP's latest quote was that it feels better then the day before. During his match the wrist was fine for the first two hours then it started to bother him. Blake has been totally unimpressive to start the season and usually does not do well overseas. DP has a lot more weapons and a much better head on his shoulders.

As for Karlovic it's always a 50-50 match when he plays. I was shocked he got passed Stepanek considering he had never beaten him. Traditionally Karlovic is a horrible grand slam player usually getting knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round. Benneteau is one of those players I hate to bet on because he can lose to anyone or beat pretty much anyone except the top 10 players.

Henin will be a good match. I just don't know if I want to bet it. Henin's coach thinks it's a bit too soon for her to be at the elite level and thinks she's struggling a bit to get back to the old ways. Dementieva is in fine form but it is still hard to tell where she is at considering last week both Safina and Serena were not at there A game. This match could be a double fault type match with a lot of breaks. I don't know if I'll touch it.

Just my opinions on those. Either way definite value in your plays. Good Luck!!!!:thumbs:

Comment

Tuesday

WTA

10* Kimiko Date Krumm (-155) Over Yaroslava Shvedova - 7:00 PM

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

I agree with you on the Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez play; I still can't understand why she is not the favourite which is the reason I'm not putting down as much as I would usually. Zheng IMHO has a horrible service game her game in Hobart was just evidence of it; if Bonderenko actually played agressively it would've been a wipewash not this 7-5 7-5 stuff. Also Maria looked impressive last time out winning in straights 6-0 6-0. Also the fact that Zheng had a tough 3 setter last time out makes this play a bit better in my books.

I think there is also value on Sofia Arvidsson @ -175 . Word going around is Groth has an injury. Also I loved Sofia in her qualifer she was facing match point and ended up winning. Also Groth is too aggressive for my liking; After going out this morning with the wind thats around I think that could hurt her and cause a few too many unforced errors. Also Sofia recently said she is feeling in good shape after having so much time off.

Those are the only two plays I've committed to for the time being I am thinking about the Kimiko Date Krumm game and Iveta Benesova. But haven't decided to pull the trigger on those games yet; any opinions on those two Corey?

Edit: LOL just as I finished typing that up noticed you took the play on Krumm; I think her big serve may be too much for the Shev. It seems to be the rule in the WTA always back the female player who can hold her serve. Also Krumm was really good in Sydney getting past Petrova and taking Azarenka to 3. I think I'm sold now :)
                Last edited by BeyondTheGame; 01-19-2010, 05:19 PM.
                Soccer 2011 Picks - YTD: 67-0-45 Profit: £267.10

Comment

ATP

Tuesday

10* Feliciano Lopez (-220) Over Rainer Schuettler - 10:00 PM

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

ATP

Tuesday

10* Ivo Karlovic (-150) Over Julien Benneteau - 11:30 PM

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

I'm so pissed at that Czink..3 fvking hour marathon and falls to some kid..pitiful:bang:

Comment

I decided to stay away from Blake, as I saw in interview with DelPo and he says he feels great and is ready to go. I still like JB but we'll see how it goes.

I went with

5 Units each on Karlovic and Henin.

Also went with a big parlay of the big favourites for 2 units. Wawrinka, Cilic, Murray, Monfils, Safina and Jankovic

Good Luck!

Comment

Kohlschreiber won 6-4, 3-6, 6-3, 6-2!!!!
                          Karlovic won 2-6, 6-1, 6-3, 6-3!!!!
                          Lopez won 6-3, 2-6, 6-3, 6-2!!!!
                          Czink lost 5-7, 7-6, 7-9 (Served for the match at 7-6 and then dropped 3 straight)
                          Pironkova won 6-4, 6-4!!!!
                          Petrova won 6-4, 6-4!!!!
                          Martinez lost 6-2, 3-6, 2-6
                          Kleybanova won 6-4, 6-3!!!!
                          Date Krumm lost 4-6, 2-6

ATP: 12-7 (-46.8 units)
                          WTA: 4-5 (-60 units)
                          ATP Qualifying: 24-7 (+86.75 units)
                          WTA Qualifying: 14-9 (-26.3 units)

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

I decided to stay away from Blake, as I saw in interview with DelPo and he says he feels great and is ready to go. I still like JB but we'll see how it goes.

I went with

5 Units each on Karlovic and Henin.

Also went with a big parlay of the big favourites for 2 units. Wawrinka, Cilic, Murray, Monfils, Safina and Jankovic

Good Luck!
                            Good Luck DJ - Nice hit on the Karlovic and Henin plays. In for a big fight with that parlay. Cilic is in a dogfight with the young Aussie as we speak.

Comment

Cilic came through in the end for me.

James Blake almost did it. I had a feeling he would do well. I'll post most picks for today later in the afternoon.

Comment

Cilic came through in the end for me.

James Blake almost did it. I had a feeling he would do well. I'll post most picks for today later in the afternoon.
                                Blake did almost do it but what the sad part about it was that Blake played one of his better matches while Del Potro didn't start to play his normal game until the 5th set. Tough match for Blake. Unfortunately he's on the downside of his career. Del Potro might be ripe for the picking here as he clearly isn't playing great tennis and does seem to be bothered by his wrist and cramping.

Nice hit on the parlay. That Cilic match was crazy. The young Aussie might have a bright future ahead of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X