French Open - Discussion and Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Open - Discussion and Picks

French Open starts today - some interesting matches are on offer - most of the action is on tommorow with a heap of big games on - I'll kick it off today with a few picks from both the ladies and men sides. Also I'll be increasing my units just for this event.

French Open - Mens - Round 1 Matches

10 * Julien Benneteau v Carlos Berlocq - Julien Benneteau to win @ $1.36

Benny has not been too good on the clay this year. He has struggled but in his defense some of the competition his come up against hasnt been the easiest, he lost to Ferrer, Gicquel, Youzhny and most recently Djokovic in the clay tournaments. However if you recall last years French Open - Benny was the big suprise of the tournament and it was good to see - A player ranked 95 - playing in a grand slam in his home country getting all the way to the quarters and knocking out some tough competition. Carlos has never got past the first round of the French Open. His been rather poor on the Challanger curcuit - I cant see Benny slipping up here in an important tournament considering his seeded and in front of the home crowd. 9/10

5 * Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo v Stanislas Wawrinka - Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo to win @ $1.61

Tough game to tip here - this is going to be the closest game of the day I believe. Wawrinka has struggled since returning from a knee injury he has not won a competitive singles game since the Australian Open. Ruben hasnt had the best of years on the clay - but if you look back at last year French open Ruben made it through to the round of 16 before losing out to Ivan Ljubicic - Wawrinka is no stranger to the French Open he had a good run in 2005 at the French making it through to the round of 32 after going through qualifying. But you cant come into a tournament like the French with poor form and expect to be able to progress past the 1st round. I like Ruben in this match and I expect him to get up - in 4 sets or so I believe. 7/10

7 * Nicolas Lapentti v Alexander Peya - Nicolas Lapentti to win @ $1.44

Lapentti hasnt played much tennis this year, since the Australian Open he has only played in 3 tournaments - But I still think he is quite a resonable player on the clay - I think the win he got last week at Portschach would have given him confidence going into today (Although he lost to Davydenko in the round after) - but thats what he needed was confidence leading into this tournament. - Alexander Peya is a player you normally see stuck in Qualifying or in Challangers. He hasnt shown much form on the clay - although he did get an impressive win in Zagreb against Robin Soderling very early in the year (On Carpet) I dont see him getting past Lapentti. 7/10
    Soccer 2011 Picks - YTD: 67-0-45 Profit: £267.10

French Open - Womens - Round 1 Matches

3 * Melinda Czink v Tzipora Obziler - Tzipora Obziler to win @ $1.72

I think Obziler could easily win this game these two have played 3 times previous to this match. Obziler holds the lead 2-1. Obziler won the most recent match this year on the hard court - they have had 1 match on the clay which Obziler was able to win. Not knowing much about womens tennis I believe Obziler will win this one (but I'm not as confident as I would be had this been a mens match) - Also for note Czink has yet to beat a top 100 player this year.

Other games I'll play are

2 * Aleksandra Wozniak v Ashley Harkleroad - Ashely Harkleroad to win @ $2.75

5 * Sandra Kloesel vs Na Li - Na Li to win 2-0 @ $1.40

Good Luck Everyone,

Comment

hey man i like the RRH.......and i also like sanchez over perry in the wta
      ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
      NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
      MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
      CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

I was looking closely at the Sanchez v Perry match - and I was unsure if your going to go just on form I would say Perry but I always feel the french seem to do well on the Clay courts and the Americans dont do as well. With it being clay I would most likely say Sanchez.

RRH looks to be one of the better plays at the moment. Along with another one I'll make right now.

10 * Stefan Koubek v Christophe Rochus - Stefan Koubek to win @ $1.50

Koubek holds a 3-0 head to head record against Rochus - 2 of those wins came on the clay. Koubek hasnt had the best preparation coming into this match thats for sure. However I dont think his going to stumble up against Rochus who has been stuck in Challangers and struggling - he came up big in Qualifying in a big match against Thomas Zib but I cant see him continuing on and beating Koubek here. 8/10

Comment

friggin rain killing play today

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Yeah it is pissing me off - havent been able to watch 1 decent game of tennis yet. It is just light rain but it keeps falling - I'm trying to wait till at least I see some play going on.

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondTheGame View Post
              Yeah it is pissing me off - havent been able to watch 1 decent game of tennis yet. It is just light rain but it keeps falling - I'm trying to wait till at least I see some play going on.
              well looks like we might have tennis again

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
              NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
              MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
              CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Looks like they arent going to get that deep into the day already 7pm there - So all these plays will most likely roll over to tomorrow.
                Last edited by BeyondTheGame; 05-27-2007, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Another few picks up for todays game - hopefully we can get some quality tennis in today.

3 * Konstantinos Economidis v Chris Guccione - Chris Guccione to win @ $2.00

The Goose comes in as the Underdog, here and I'm loving this sitaution - As we all know the Goose has one of the most lethal serves in the game and his coming into this game well rested his last game was back in early May - whilst his opponent Eco had to go through the qualifying rounds. Being a big fan of the Goose I xant help but not play him here today - I would like to see how many Aces he can pound out today. 6/10

3 * Alejandro Falla v Martin Vassallo-Arguello - Alejandro Falla to win @ $1.80

Good money could be found here, looking at the head to head record between these two we see that Falla holds a 3-0 record here with all games being played on Clay. Both players leading into this tournament havent been too good at all - I think Falla will use his previous experince to beat Martin here. However I'm not overally confident here hence why only a 3 unit play. 6/10

More plays to come...

Comment

3 * Nicolas Devilder v Michael Llodra - Michael Llodra to win @ $2.10

French showdown here - Devilder enters the match as a favourite I suspect this is due to Llodra's right leg injury suffered in a Challanger earlier this month - I think Bettors are deterred by this hence why most of the money is going Nicolas's way. However Devilder hasnt been at the top of his game for quite a while he has been struggling in qualifers and although results at Munich will say he got to the quarters and beat Canas - Canas retired whilst leading and he had to only beat Summerer who is ranked 266 in the world. So it wasnt like he worked hard to get that far. Llodra usually gets stuck with a seeded player at the French open however this year he catches a break - I suspect he will make the most of it - The furthest Llodra has gotten in the French is the round of 16 where he lost to Henman back in 04. Devilder is in uncharted territory and has never gotten past qualifying. 6/10 (Due to Llodra's leg)

Thats it for the men... some picks for the ladies next..

Comment

7 * Samantha Stosur v Jamea Jackson - Samantha Stosur to win 2-0 @ $1.44

These two have played once before quite a while ago on the hard courts of America where Stosur won. Stosur is one of the bigger up and comming names coming through the ranks of womens tennis. Just look back at Rome a while back where she was able to beat Mauresmo at Rome. I think she should easily blow past Jackson who has been stuck in qualifers.

More to come..

Comment

5 * Marion Bartoli v Aravane Rezai - Marion Bartoli to win @ $1.83

French Showdown here, Bartoli has been showing some excellent form on the clay courts in europe with some impressive wins and getting deep into tournaments, her last two tournaments she was able to get to the final and the semi final where she lost to Morigami and Mauresmo respectively. Her opponent Rezai is coming off an impressive showing at Istanbul where she beat Sharapova and Williams and made her way to the final where she retired losing to Dementieva, the reason behind retiring I believe was a knee injury this wasnt too long ago mind you so I think perhaps the injury will affect her in todays game and Bartoli will perhaps win here. 7/10

Comment

Finally some of the matches are kicking off on the outside courts - which is where I'm keeping my eye on for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondTheGame View Post
                            Finally some of the matches are kicking off on the outside courts - which is where I'm keeping my eye on for the time being.
                            and the rain comes down again this is starting to really piss me off ......

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                            NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                            MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                            CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Well some matches got completed lets go through those that I had plays on.

Samantha Stosur wins 6-2, 6-1 WIN!
                              Na Li wins 7-6, 6-0 WIN!
                              Ashley Harkleroad wins 6-2, 7-6 WIN!

French Open Womens Record: 3-0
                              Womens Profit: +8.58 Units

I'll constantly edit this part when more match results come in.
                              Last edited by BeyondTheGame; 05-28-2007, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X