No announcement yet.

French Open - Discussion and Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain is back again - and Harkleroad what a champ! That was a nice cash out there - The line earlier today was amazing value of over $3 - Was tempted to put another 2 units on it but decided not to. Anyway good start to the grandslam on the Womens side hoping the men will get back into action in a little while.
    Soccer 2011 Picks - YTD: 67-0-45 Profit: £267.10

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondTheGame View Post
      Rain is back again - and Harkleroad what a champ! That was a nice cash out there - The line earlier today was amazing value of over $3 - Was tempted to put another 2 units on it but decided not to. Anyway good start to the grandslam on the Womens side hoping the men will get back into action in a little while.
      unreal the amount of delays going on in france
      ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
      NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
      MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
      CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Yeah they are going to have to think about putting up some kind of roof or something - this is happening to often.

Comment

Hey BTG, whenever his match actually starts, what do you think about Roddick to beat Andreev? He's a big dog and Ive checked, neither guy has a very good clay record. I just cant see Roddick going out in round one. Maybe there is a bit of value there?
          Soccer: 28-28-1 (+4.82 Units) / parlays: 2-2 (+2.04 Units)

Comment

the Roddick match is very hard to call - Igor isnt too bad on the clay - He produced an excellent win against Gonzo in Monte Carlo and Ferrer earlier in Rome. The thing with Roddick though is I'm still not confident with Roddick's hamstring he didnt play too bad at Portschach last week - but there wasnt enough for me to go Roddick's bounced back. Also Roddick does have a history of struggling at the French - although he has turned the corner in his game in the last 12 months - I think he has copped possibly the worst draw possible for a number 3 seed. I believe Igor deserves to enter the game as the favourite but I wouldnt say he is worth enough of getting the odds his currently getting on the market. I would say a small fade for Roddick could be good - but I would rather have a better look at him before I start putting bigger money on him. The hamstring does trouble me espically since his playing against Igor.

Comment

Finally a decent days play is happening - Sorry I didnt add any more picks here for todays plays - mainly cause there were so many pending.

Womens Results
              Bartoli won 6-2, 6-4 WIN!
              Obziler won 6-3, 6-4 WIN!

French Open Womens Record: 5-0 :beerbang:
              Womens Profit: +14.89 Units

But Now it Gets Bad!!

Men's Results
              Benneteau lost 7-6, 7-5, 6-2, 6-3 (Tough lost this is)
              Llodra won 6-4, 6-3, 6-3 WIN!
              Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo lost 6-0, 7-5, 2-6, 5-7, 4-6 (Gees no luck there for me)
              Chris Guccione lost 7-6, 4-6, 4-6, 1-6
              Lapentti won 6-1, 6-4, 2-1 (Opponent Retired) VOID!
              Stefan Koubek won 6-7, 7-6, 6-4, 1-2 (Opponent Retired) VOID!
              Falla lost 3-6, 3-6, 7-6, 6-7

French Open Mens Record: 1-4
              French Open Men's Profit: -17.7 Units :bang:

French Open Record: 6-4
              French Open Profit: -2.81 Units
              (Had a few games not had their opponents retire, I would've been able to be in profit however that is not the case)

Comment

2007 French Open - Mens - Round 2 Matches

5 * Guillermo Canas v Simone Bolelli - Guillermo Canas to win 3-0 @ $1.83

Bolelli enters this matchup after one of the most easiest games someone in the top 100 could have - he conquered 717 ranked Verkerk - leading up to this he had usually been stuck in qualifers and challanger events. Canas is coming off a comfortable win in the 1st round. I expect Canas to make quick meat out of Bolelli today - I know most players never look at the next round before they win their current round - but I believe it would be the best thing possible for Canas to win this quickly and save up his energy for the eventual showdown against Gasquet (if he wins)

3 * Potito Starace vs Carlos Berlocq - Potito Starace to win 3-0 @ $2.10

Starace is coming off a rather bad (by my standards) match against an opponent I would've expected him to beat easily. Instead he was forced to the 4th set to win it. Starace has come in well prepared for this tournament his performance in Rome and Barcelona show this. I think Starace will dissapointed to finish this out without getting through to the 3rd round (He is not going to get past the 3rd round - as Federer is likely to be his opponent). Carlos was the man who killed me yesterday - today I would like Starace to get a bit of revenge for me - I believe the rain delay may have helped Carlos, but Carlos is coming off a back injury and other injuries this year - I cant see him getting that one set off. Hopefully he just stays as a one match wonder. For now.

Womens Picks Up Next..

Comment

2007 French Open - Womens - Round 1 Matches

5 * Romina Oprandi v Meilen Tu - Melien Tu to win @ $1.61

Meilien Tu hasnt been great on Clay but hasnt been too bad Her losses this season on the Clay have come against some top quality players like Schnyder, Vakulenko, Dementieva & Zvonareva to name a few. Oprandi isnt in this class of players - I believe Tu will pick up this win quite easily, with a meeting between Tu and Sugiyama looking likely for the next round - should be an interesting match up.

2007 French Open - Womens - Round 2 Matches

5 * Samantha Stosur v Maria Kirilenko - Samantha Stosur to win @ $1.40

10 * Na Li v Pauline Parmentier - Na Li to win 2-0 @ $1.33

5 * Michaella Krajicek v Shenay Perry - Michaella Krajicek to win 2-0 @ $1.57

Comment

The Rain has hit Roland Garros - but not before some results occured - Not a bad day overall.

Melien Tu won 6-3, 6-4 WIN!
                    Kraijecek won 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 (Lost went to 3 Sets)
                    Starace won 6-2, 6-4, 6-2 WIN!
                    Canas won 6-4, 6-3, 6-3 WIN!
                    Stosur won 6-1. 3-6, 7-5 WIN!
                    Li won 6-3, 3-6, 6-4 (Lost went to 3 Sets)

French Open Womens Record: 7-2
                    French Open Womens Profit: +4.94 Units

French Open Mens Record: 3-4
                    French Open Mens Profit: -10.25 Units

French Open Overall Record: 10-6
                    French Open Overall Profit: -5.31 Units (Shame About Na Li Still Alot of Tennis Left)
                    Last edited by BeyondTheGame; 05-31-2007, 12:08 AM. Reason: Updated Scores

Comment

They are matches, not games. Tennis Matches.

:thumbs:

PS - Nice job today, been following your thread a bit but haven't dropped any money down yet. Good luck!

Comment

feel like gambling and see a whole bunch are about to start late tonight..seems like the women have less upsets..dont know if youll see this before i need to put it in but curius what you thought of a parlay of the following
                        1 unit bet would win a half unit
                        05/31/07 Serena Williams -2000
                        05/31/07 Amelie Mauresmo -900
                        05/31/07 Maria Sharapova -1400
                        05/31/07 Svetlana Kuznetsova -1500
                        05/31/07 Daniela Hantuchova -800

obviously lotta chalk but is it likely any of em will lose
                        probobly the least likely is a personally fav of mine in hantuchova..other
                        options to throw in include
                        Anna Chakvetadze -700
                        Patty Schnyder -600
                        Alona Bondarenko -700

Comment

Not going to do write ups today - due to I'm running out of time as I need to be at work soon, I hate working shift work. Anyway hopefully you can get the idea with some of these picks.

2007 French Open - Mens - Round 2 Matches

7 * Jan Hajek v Bohdan Ulihrach - Jan Hajek to win @ $1.53

7 * Ivo Karlovic v Jonas Bjorkman - Ivo Karlovic to win @ $1.50

3 * Philipp Kohlschreiber v Oscar Hernandez - Oscar Harnandez to win @ $2.00

5 * Marcos Baghdatis v Kristian Pless - Marcos Baghdatis to win 3-0 @ $1.66

Women's Picks Up Next

Comment

Before Getting to the picks - Stay AWAY from Schnyder she has a major injury cloud heading into this tournament I would try to stay away from her at all costs.

As for all the other plays I would say you'll be fine on most of them to be quite honest. I would actually change the Williams play to Shahar Peer or Add in Peer - On that note Peer would have to be one of my favourite Womens players in the tour today she is quite impressive to watch - She runs like their is no tomorrow and there is a lot of power in her shots - I believe she will go far in this tournament. I believe Peer is at -1600 on most books.

Anyway with that I'm going to try and go after a bit more of the money here - I've noticed not many books have set up the Sets up yet on the womens matches which is where I traditionally look. Anyway here are a few plays.

2007 French Open - Womens - Round 2 Matches

5 * Katarina Srebotnik v Vera Dushevina - Katarina Srebotnik to win @ $1.53

5 * Martina Muller v Dominika Cibulkova - Dominika Cibulkova to win @ $1.61

3 * Ai Sugiyama v Meilen Tu - Ai Sugiyama to win @ $1.80 (Tough match Shouldn't really play this one - but think that Sugi would be able to come through for me here)

Comment

went with a little different to get better odds ..watching the hewitt match online and thought id pass along the link

Tennis

Comment

bout 30 seconds behind the scoreboard on the official site

Comment

Working...
                                X