No announcement yet.

Selection Committee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought my Mountaineers wouldn't get in, but Syracuse:dunno: The Big East was down a little this year, but the seedings of these teams was a little low IMO. Let's just see how they fare.....

Comment

Oh God

Cant we all just get along. Lakeshow, Duke is a solid club. I will agree they dont have very many "Quality wins". Regardless they are in the Tourney. If they get ousted in the 1st round then you can Rag on GamblingMan

Comment

Thanks a lot Cuse. I dont get what he has against me besides that I am a Duke fan. Oh well, enough of that. Its OVER.

I just cant believe Syracuse didnt get in, and Drexel. Should be a fun tournament though.
        NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
        NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
        NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
        NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

I could honestly care less if I get kicked out of here, I just ain't gona take **** from this little pussy who is on this website 24/7 talking about how good Duke is and how overrated UNC is. He is a little puppet that has been lurking around here for the last 2-3 days without any picks. Get a life, I am the **** out....good luck to the rest of ya:beerbang:

Comment

I'm no Duke fan or supporter, but they obviously belong in the tourney. A 6 seed I question however, and I doubt they'll get past the first weekend, but they certainly have done enough to earn a spot in the dance.

I do agree that these seedings are really bad as well, and I must also question how some teams made it over some others....but I am just going off what I saw this year and my opinion of teams, not actual RPI and quality wins, and whatever else these so called experts use.

Virginia a #4 seed though? Seriously....

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
              Virginia a #4 seed though? Seriously....
              Virginia has to be one of the worst 4-seeds of all time. They took advantage of the unbalanced ACC schedule to earn this spot. Duke had the toughest ACC schedule while UVA had the easiest of all 12 teams. And if you look at the schedules of each team, they will prove why Duke should be a 6 and UVA shouldnt be a 4.

Comment

lol lakeshow, you couldn't even find Chapel Hill on a map. STFU and stop being a walmart fan. You never even been to chapel hill, & I bet you are that guy that I saw getting arrested on Cops wearing that ragged UNC shirt.

GO ACC in the tourney, and also GTown! What a crazy tourney this is gonna pan out to be.
                2009 NCAA Football
                Record: 41-38-1
                +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
                Record: 11-14-0
                +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
                Record: 15-15-2
                +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

Was that just the BCS Selection Show????

What a joke not letting Syracuse, K-State & Drexel in ajust mong a few that got screwed, is this turning into the freaking BCS??? Arkansas,BE SERIOUS :puke: Makes me sick!!!
                  Last edited by Bbaked; 03-11-2007, 06:46 PM.
                  NCAA B Ball 2008: 3-5
                  NCAA Football 07-08 54-33-1

Comment

My thoughts:

Too High: (and suggested seed IMO)
                    Purdue (10/11)
                    Butler (6/7)
                    Maryland (5)
                    UK (10/11)
                    BC (9/10)
                    Tennessee (7)
                    Stanford (out)
                    Virginia (6)
                    Taco Tech (11/12)
                    Arkansas (out)
                    Illinois (out - yes my Illini)

Too Low:
                    Marquette (6/7)
                    MSU (7/8 - shouldnt be same # seed as Purdue)
                    L'ville (5)

Snubs:
                    Drexel
                    Syracuse

Don't know much about the smaller conferences so can't comment too much about those teams but feel free to comment (or for a few on here, rip) my suggestions. GO ILLINI!

Moose
                    Last edited by COACH DITKA; 03-11-2007, 06:49 PM.
                    Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Im not big east bias, i am good college basketball bias and I know good teams from bad teams sorry... Marquette beat Duke's ass on a neutral floor, had more wins, more quality wins...Louisville is one of the hottest teams in the nation and have been playing great ball, they only game they lost recently was to Pitt, who has been a top 10 team all year....You ACC fans there is no way you can say BC,Duke, UVA, should be seeded higher than these two teams, and it goes past the ACC, way too much love for the Big 10 as well....What did Illinois do to deserve to be in this tourney, they beat no one except ****ty ass Big 10 teams, Arkansas is my next gripe, 7-9 in the SEC WEST, they got no business being in there ... I dunno I just think of the seeds are undeserving and some of the teams in the dance are unworthy...just me... at least we might see an entertaining NIT
                      To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                      2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

No prob Dookie GM. While I think you are blinded by the Duke blue and frivolously drink the Duke Kool-Aid, I also respect your opinions and you add good stats, opinions, and research to this site.

That guy brings nothing to this forum anyway posting his -400/-500 money line winners.

Guys like you are what this forum is about Dookie, not guys like him.

:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                          Im not big east bias, i am good college basketball bias and I know good teams from bad teams sorry... Marquette beat Duke's ass on a neutral floor, had more wins, more quality wins...Louisville is one of the hottest teams in the nation and have been playing great ball, they only game they lost recently was to Pitt, who has been a top 10 team all year....You ACC fans there is no way you can say BC,Duke, UVA, should be seeded higher than these two teams, and it goes past the ACC, way too much love for the Big 10 as well....What did Illinois do to deserve to be in this tourney, they beat no one except ****ty ass Big 10 teams, Arkansas is my next gripe, 7-9 in the SEC WEST, they got no business being in there ... I dunno I just think of the seeds are undeserving and some of the teams in the dance are unworthy...just me... at least we might see an entertaining NIT
                          I know your upset, and yes Duke did lose to Marquette but dont forget, we did beat the Big East's best in Georgetown. Understand it was early in the season but so was the Marquette game.

I guess we will see in the 2nd round what conference is really better, we have have some of these matchups....

Duke-Pitt
                          UNC-Marquette
                          BC-Georgetown

I will say this and have said it before, the Big East got screwed today. But please remember this, dont talk about Louisville getting a six-seed, the lucky bastards play this week in Lexington, 45 minutes away from their home.

Marquette has had some bad losses down the stretch, they are an 8-seed and there is no questioning that IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                            Every word of this is absolutely correct, IMHO. I am a Big Eats guy, but I also can look at things without bias and watch more college basketball than anybody I have ever met. The Pac 10, ACC, and Big East (in no particular order) were the best/deepest conferences in college hoops this season and two of those conferences were rewarded and one was not - Big East.

The Big East seeds are too low and Syracuse got ****ed, while the ACC got rewarded with higher seeds in almost every instance (after UNC) and the Pac 10 got possibly an extra team in (Stanford) and got high seeds. If those two conferences were rewarded, then why wasn't the Big East as well?

Not fair, IMHO.

The Big 10 bull**** with them being the know-all and end-all of college sports is really getting sickening, IMHO.

Comment

Here is my analysis:

in the Midwest:
                              Seeds that were messed up:
                              Purdue was too high (9), should have been around 11
                              Butler was too high (5), should have been 7 or 8
                              Not sure I like ODU making the tourney.. Put Cuse in over them.

Matchups to look out for in the First round:
                              Butler-ODU: mid-majors and ODU can probably take the Bulldogs.
                              Notre Dame-Winthrop: Both like shooting the three and scoring.
                              UNLV-Georgia Tech

West:
                              Seeds messed up:
                              I'm unsure because I'm biased but IL over Cuse was a shock but I'll take it.
                              Indiana is seeded too high.
                              Duke should be at an 8.
                              I like Nova to be a 7 and Kentucky to be a 9.

Matchups to look out for:
                              Indiana-Gonzaga: Teams met in last years tourney and Indiana isn't anything special while the Zags have been playing well with out Heytvelt.
                              Duke-VCU: Can Duke recover after their recent losses?
                              Kentucky-Villanova: I like Nova here over an overrated Kentucky team.

East:
                              Messed up seeds:
                              Michigan State has the same seed as Purdue? MSU should be a better seed than them.
                              Arkansas should not be in this tourney, they are NIT bound.
                              Vanderbilt is too high at 6 and should be around 7-9.

Good matchups:
                              Washington State-Oral Roberts: ORU beat KU earlier this year and can hang with the big boys. Is Washington State ready?
                              Marquette-Michigan State: I'm not sure what to expect out of James and Neitzel. Both can be inconsistant.
                              Boston College-Texas Tech: Can Knight stop Dudley and show that they belong in the tourney over FSU and KSU?

South:
                              Messed up seeds:
                              Tennessee too high
                              Virginia is WAY too high, I like them at a 6 or 7.
                              Louisville should be around a 4 or 5.
                              Stanford should be OUT.

Matchups to look forward to:
                              Tennessee-Long Beach State: Both teams can run but can LBSU play defense and can Tennessee stop Nixon?
                              Nevada-Creighton: smaller conference teams, It will be interesting to watch how both team leaders play (Funk, Fazekas)
                              Louisville-Stanford: Stanford must be in for a reason (beat some pac10 teams blah blah blah) so can they beat a pretty hot Louisville team and can Padgett play well and stay out of foul trouble?

It should be a great tourney this year with some big upsets. :sm:

P.S. When do the spreads for these games usually come out?
                              Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Working...
                              X