G Webb v UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Webb v UK

Is G Webb really going to beat UK tonight?!?!

This would be huge!

None of you get ESPN U?

Comment

I don't get it because Comcast sucks but that's neither here nor there..

My thoughts when the ESPN Bottom Line popped the 28-16 score and then so forth was immediate this...

Is Kentucky basketball going to become as obsolete as Nebraska football? Kids these days don't know, or care, about the Nebraska football tradition (unless they are from Nebraska) and I don't think it's a stretch to think the same is starting to apply to Kentucky hoops.

Comment

This is too funny...
        NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
        NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
        NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
        NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

I know this is a Basketball forum but is D2 Chadron State the best team in Nebraska?
          Legit question I think
          Keep on Duhawkin'

CBB 99-92-1 (+7.71 units)

Comment

This Coaches vs Cancer Classic is shaping up to be a horrible one at best. Kentucky cant even win a home game vs Gardner Webb and uCONn barely got by Morgan St. Man, who else is in this tourny...Hope there is one decent team in it.

Comment

And I bet Patrick Patterson is glad he picked Kentucky over Duke, especially tonight...lol

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                This Coaches vs Cancer Classic is shaping up to be a horrible one at best. Kentucky cant even win a home game vs Gardner Webb and uCONn barely got by Morgan St. Man, who else is in this tourny...Hope there is one decent team in it.
                Memphis is. I was gonna go to the semis but I'm not going to see Gardner-Webb vs Memphis.

Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post

My thoughts when the ESPN Bottom Line popped the 28-16 score and then so forth was immediate this...

Is Kentucky basketball going to become as obsolete as Nebraska football? Kids these days don't know, or care, about the Nebraska football tradition (unless they are from Nebraska) and I don't think it's a stretch to think the same is starting to apply to Kentucky hoops.
                  all has to do with the coaches.

in Nebraska football's case, why the hell would you hire Bill Callahan, a Tiger cant change its stripes, why would you expect a Husker to? they'd be relevant if they worried about defense first, their bread and butter.

as for Kentucky, its not that long ago is it that they won their last national championship? LOL maybe a decade, but i think Duke has to apply here, they field a team that is competitive, but not dominant. almost nerdy if you ask me LOL

I mean Elton Brand, Grant Hill, Corey Maggette, Jayson Williams, Shane Battier, heck even Mike Dunleavy to an extent, and Carlos Boozer, good players, not total thugs but good good players.

where are those type of players? the only peeps you can muster up in the last 5 years is Shelden Williams and JJ Reddick? now THATS Duke bball going on the road to be obsolete, until they shut me up this year and go on a tear LOL
                  :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                  -Big Pimpin-

Comment

you bring up a point. look at Indiana bball. nothing without Knight, and now in worse trouble with illegal-phone-call-ass-clown Sampson.

heck Texas Tech bbball at least gets one mention a month from ESPN only because of Knight, when he leaves, we go back to (yes we Cuse, I'm a graduate LOL) obscurity. Now if the school isnt dumb and lets his son coach, maybe we'd get a young brilliant coach continuing what his dad set out to do. hopefully at least

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

LOL

one more thing.

you were ultimately talking about tradition, so yeh i agree, kentucky, indiana (if only because of knight), and IMHO, Duke, if they dont make better noise than "just making the tourney".

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

One year in 10 where Duke doesnt make the Sweet 16 and now they are on the road to obsolete? Jesus people, some of you are crazy!

Comment

One year in 10 where Duke doesnt make the Sweet 16 and now they are on the road to obsolete? Jesus people, some of you are crazy!
                          Hahahaha i saw this post coming as soon as Q made those comments about duke :laughing:
                          **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

You might see Duke drop a home game to Virginia Tech or Florida St but you will never see them get beat by 20 at home by Gardner Webb.

Comment

You might see Duke drop a home game to Virginia Tech or Florida St but you will never see them get beat by 20 at home by Gardner Webb.
                              where they play non-withstanding... last year's VCU upset comes to mind.

I'm not dissing Duke man, well maybe I am.

but wouldn't a team have to be damn GOOD, for it to have a target on its back, and expect excellence year in year out?

just expanding on what Cuse pointed out about Kentucky.

while "kids" these days may not care nor know about bball tradition in Kentucky, my point was Duke is dangerously getting close to that territory in the next 5 years if they dont make serious noise in the tourney.

:thumbs:

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Working...
                              X