Super Freshman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
    How Bilas left OJ Mayo off his top 5 is beyond me. He is, IMO, the most physically gifted basketball player of them all. That kid will be something special for a long, long time.
    Because Bilas despises a player who will take 27 shots in his first ever college game. He freakin' shot 12-27. That's ridiculous in a college game. I agree with him. I hope OJ Mayo doesn't ruin college hoops this season with his selfish play and "me me me" attitude.

Plus he hoisted up 11 3 pointers and had 8 turnovers, and obviously didn't play much defense either considering they gave up 96 points.
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 11-13-2007, 11:37 AM.

Comment

As an aside, USC will be a team to watch later in the season. They are extremely young. But Mayo doesn't exactly have much offensive help on that team. Nobody returning from last year averaged DD's besides Taj Gibson.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
        How Bilas left OJ Mayo off his top 5 is beyond me. He is, IMO, the most physically gifted basketball player of them all. That kid will be something special for a long, long time.

I had front row seats in Cincy a couple of years ago when North College Hill played Oak Hill Academy....while it was two years ago, I walked away from that game feeling like the best three players on the floor, in order, were:

1. Michael Beasley
        2. Ty Lawson
        3. OJ Mayo

Lawson was a year older than Beasley and Mayo, but Beasley just made your jaw drop. Not sure if you've seen him yet Nit, but the dude is like 6'10", has a giant wingspan, is big and strong, and somehow, fast and athletic. Had a left handed sky hook that was completely unstoppable.

I'm looking forward (or maybe not) to Beasley coming to the Nati on New Year's Eve to take on Xavier...that should be a fun game.
        "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

to each his own then lol bilas gets on my nerves.

u ever wonder if half these athletes create a persona for attention/hype/money or they really act like that a la Oj Mayo,
          :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
          -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
            u ever wonder if half these athletes create a persona for attention/hype/money or they really act like that a la Oj Mayo,
            I would guess some make the persona up, and who can blame them if they are gonna get paid for it, but a guy like OJ Mayo just seems like a complete horse's ass if you ask me. He's on the same HGH LeBron is on is my guess. He looks like he's 35 and all wrinkled and ****. PLus, how many different high schools did he go to? 715 in 4 years? Ha. If he's not a "me" guy, I don't know who is...

I guess I like Bilas because he likes the types of players I do. The Jeff Greens, the Paul Millsaps, the pass first point guards, etc etc.. I like players who know their role and do the little things well to win games. Mayo had 8 turnovers and took 27 shots in his first game as a collegiate player. He's perfect for the NBA.
            Last edited by CuseFan10; 11-13-2007, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post

I guess I like Bilas because he likes the types of players I do. The Jeff Greens, the Paul Millsaps, the pass first point guards, etc etc.. I like players who know their role and do the little things well to win games. Mayo had 8 turnovers and took 27 shots in his first game as a collegiate player. He's perfect for the NBA.
              I just saw highlights of Kevin Love last night, ESPN showed him scoring only, the rap on this guy is that he's a big man who would rebound and throw it downcourt to his teammates with accuracy and thats why he is supposed to take UCLA far this year?

is that true for anyone who's seen him play? I havent as the first time I saw him was last night on ESPN highlights.

if thats true, I will be lookin for him, that'd be a nice different style to watch this year instead of the Mayos...to speak :beerbang:
              :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
              -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
                I just saw highlights of Kevin Love last night, ESPN showed him scoring only, the rap on this guy is that he's a big man who would rebound and throw it downcourt to his teammates with accuracy and thats why he is supposed to take UCLA far this year?

is that true for anyone who's seen him play? I havent as the first time I saw him was last night on ESPN highlights.

if thats true, I will be lookin for him, that'd be a nice different style to watch this year instead of the Mayos...to speak :beerbang:
                Yea Q - I watched all 40 minutes of that one last night and he's very good. Bangs inside, gets rebounds, has good hands, can score inside and hit at least 1 3ball too, and they were raving about his outlet passing off defensive rebounds. They showed some highlights from exhibition and high school games where he was hitting guys on the money at half court. Also, grabs rebounds ans step dribbles out of trouble real quick so he can't be double teamed after grabbing the board. He is going to be a load to handle in college with the skill set he has.

Comment

Working...
                X