Another ESPN Side Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
    Just herd that Dan got a new job. New Blizzard spokesmen for DQ. Should be going nationwide anytime soon...
    yeah i did don't ask me why im still enrolled at the UB school of management :bang: :bang: :bang:
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
      "Bracket Buster Saturday"............is about the dumbest thing i can think of when it comes to CBB. Teams having to fly half way across the country to play a meaningless game right in the home stretch of conference season. I mean UCSB is in the hunt for the league and comes off a huge win Wednesday vs. Pacific and now has to fly to USU to play a meaningless Friday night game. I mean seriously...is the loser of this game not going to get an at-large NCAA berth now....:laughing:.........the freeking winner isn't getting one either so who gives a ****. Rider flying cross country to play a stupid game vs. CSUN....:dunno:......sure those schools like Rider are fired up about spending the money to fly out and play that meaningless game. In reality, about 99.9% of these games are meaningless and it's just another effort by ESPN to promote some side show circus on their stations.

Does anyone really need to see INDST vs. MURST?.....what's the point of that game?
      Personally, I absolutely LOVE bracket buster games, but there need to be stipulations quite honestly. One, you should never have to travel more than a few hours to get there. Two, they need to limit these games so they actually are semi-meaningful. Murray State is awfulthis year, they couldn't bust a closet shoe hanger bracket, nevermind the NCAA's.

Drake vs Butler is a fun game and gets both small school legit exposure, good for them. There should be no more than 8 bracket buster type games though. Matching up every Mid Major to Low Major darling is ridiculous. Take the To p8 and let them play and garner a meaningful win come Selection (Drake, Butler, Davidson, South Alabama, Kent State, one CAA team, SIU, etc etc).

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
        Drake vs Butler is a fun game and gets both small school legit exposure, good for them. There should be no more than 8 bracket buster type games though. Matching up every Mid Major to Low Major darling is ridiculous. Take the To p8 and let them play and garner a meaningful win come Selection (Drake, Butler, Davidson, South Alabama, Kent State, one CAA team, SIU, etc etc).
        i guess that was my point. 99% of these games have nothing to do with busting a bracket and when you send Rider from the East Coast to LA to play a stupid meaningless game it doesn't work. I agree that matchups like Butler/Drake are great. I think they can take the top team or 2 from each of the ****ty conferences and let them go at it. But why in the world we need to see NAU host Wichita State is beyond me....:dunno:
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

UC Davis at Loyola MD doesnt get your blood boiling??? :puke:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
            UC Davis at Loyola MD doesnt get your blood boiling??? :puke:
            High Point/ Towson........how the f*** isn't that one on TV.....:puke:
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
              High Point/ Towson........how the f*** isn't that one on TV.....:puke:
              Dawsy ????? :laughing:

Comment

LOL

I think originally it was a good idea....if kept to teams who people might actually want to watch, and games that will be competitive, or at least somewhat competitive....but it's out of control now.

Today's card is so ******* big I don't even know where to start looking.

I see we've got UC Davis at Loyola MD coming up here in about 15 mins though, with Loyola MD being a -15 fave. Who the hell scheduled that cross country affair?

If UC Davis pulls the "upset" in this bracket buster special (i put "upset" in quotes strictly because I find it hard to see beating Loyola MD as a legit upset....except for maybe by a high school team), do they get in the big dance, despite their 8-18 record? :laughing:

Comment

today was one of the first times all season i had a chance to go to a towson game, but why would i want to go see high point? also, why the **** would 78% of the public bet a 10-16 towson team?

Comment

Working...
                  X