Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's mine, obviously if Georgia or Illinois wins today the last one of two teams get bumped out. I have ammo to defend any pick (I think) and would be happy to discuss differences anyone might have. I really don't want Ohio State in there, but I honestly couldn't find anyone wit ha better resume, IMHO. It's interesting that two of the most bubblicious of bubble team got royally screwed by refs late in the season (Villanova and Arizona State). Still a loss is a loss and I'm sure other teams got screwed too at some point.

21 1 bids

ACC - North Carolina, Duke, Clemson, Miami
    BE - Pittsburgh, Georgetown, Louisville, Notre Dame, West Virginia, UConn, Marquette, Villanova
    B10 - Wisconsin, Purdue, Indiana, Michigan State
    B12 - Texas, Kansas, Baylor, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Texas AM
    P10 - UCLA, USC, Washington State, Oregon, Arizona, Stanford
    SEC - Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Georgia
    A10 - Temple, Xavier, Saint Joseph's
    WCC- Gonzaga, San Diego, Saint Mary's
    MWC - BYU, UNLV
    BELT - Western Kentucky, South Alabama

MY last four in: (65) South Alabama, (64) Villanova (63) Arizona (62) Kentucky
    MY last four out: (66) Ohio State (67) Arizona State (68) Illinois State (69) Virginia Tech
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-16-2008, 04:38 PM. Reason: edited GEORGIA in there..... WOW

i think kentucky played them selves out. They have done **** besides their regular season conference record, but i really can't make a case for anyone else other than asu. 9-9 in the pac 10 seems pretty good to me, plus they beat arizona twice i think.

also, who did villanova beat this yr besides cuse twice, i cant remember and am too lazy to look?

Comment

ASU beat UAZ 2x and beat Xavier by 22, plus they beat Stanford AND....florida Gulf Coast....:beerbang:

i personally don't think Ohio State belongs in the tourney. They are a waste of a spot. Not a fking chance UMASS sniffs this thing......i don't think ILLST belongs in either. They played a crap non conference with the exception of losses to Indiana and KentState. They don't have a single win over another tournament team this year which makes it impossible to put them in IMO.

i have a sneaking feeling UGA is going to win today which most likely corhnoles Ohio State.
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
        i think kentucky played them selves out. They have done **** besides their regular season conference record, but i really can't make a case for anyone else other than asu. 9-9 in the pac 10 seems pretty good to me, plus they beat arizona twice i think.

also, who did villanova beat this yr besides cuse twice, i cant remember and am too lazy to look?
        No team that has EVER won 12 conferences game in any major conference has ever missed the NCAA Tourney. It's just the facts. Plus, the bubble is so weak it's amazing.

Villanova also beat Pittsburgh, West Virginia and Uconn. They are 4-7 vs the Top 50 and 7-8 against the Top 100. ASU is 5-7 and 8-8 similarly. Villanova only played 5 games all season versus 200+ while ASU played like 10. Nova's SOS is 48 and ASU's is 77. Nova non-conf SOS is horrendous at 159, yet looks like gold compared to ASU's absolutely embarrassing 296.

The committee set a precedent last year leaving Syracuse out, and there's no way Arizona State should make it this year with that non conference schedule.
        Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-16-2008, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          ASU beat UAZ 2x and beat Xavier by 22, plus they beat Stanford AND....florida Gulf Coast....:beerbang:

i personally don't think Ohio State belongs in the tourney. They are a waste of a spot. Not a fking chance UMASS sniffs this thing......i don't think ILLST belongs in either. They played a crap non conference with the exception of losses to Indiana and KentState. They don't have a single win over another tournament team this year which makes it impossible to put them in IMO.

i have a sneaking feeling UGA is going to win today which most likely corhnoles Ohio State.
          So I'm getting from your post you think ASU will be in and OSU is out? Do you diasgree with any of my other picks?

Again, ASU has a 296 non-conf SOS and the precedent the committee set last year penalizing Syracuse better ring true again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
            So I'm getting from your post you think ASU will be in and OSU is out? Do you diasgree with any of my other picks?

Again, ASU has a 296 non-conf SOS and the precedent the committee set last year penalizing Syracuse better ring true again this year.

i honestly have no clue. i am always shocked by at least a couple things they do. i wouldn't be surprised if ILLST was in (not because they deserve to be certainly). ASU/OSU flip a coin. I actually think neither team would win a tourney game so it really doesn't matter. I just wouldn't be surprised to see the Pac10 get 7 teams based on how strong that conference is. It is hands down the best conference in basketball.

Comment

any chance we all get shocked and they throw a team like vcu or dayton or oregon inthere? I know vcu's ad is the chair or whatever. Wouldn't surprise me to see them go that route.

Comment

any chance we all get shocked and they throw a team like vcu or dayton or oregon inthere? I know vcu's ad is the chair or whatever. Wouldn't surprise me to see them go that route.
                i think ORE has the best shot of those 3 teams. The Pac10 is getting 6 teams so if ASU is out then ORE is in. If the Pac10 got 5 teams and the A-10 got 3 teams then i quit.

Comment

Oregon isn't even in the bottom 4 of not being in, IMHO. I'd say there's 5 teams below them (all which I listed).

Comment

ok, well my main question hasn't really been addressed yet. I just threw dayton and oregon in there. VCU. They are the team who would benefit most from this situation. Since they chairman is their AD don't you think the panelists feel obligated to get vcu in and if they don't wouldn't they be off the panel next yr. Just get his team in to keep him happy? I know they dont deserve it one bit, but this **** goes on all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                      No team that has EVER won 12 conferences game in any major conference has ever missed the NCAA Tourney. It's just the facts. Plus, the bubble is so weak it's amazing.

Villanova also beat Pittsburgh, West Virginia and Uconn. They are 4-7 vs the Top 50 and 7-8 against the Top 100. ASU is 5-7 and 8-8 similarly. Villanova only played 5 games all season versus 200+ while ASU played like 10. Nova's SOS is 48 and ASU's is 77. Nova non-conf SOS is horrendous at 159, yet looks like gold compared to ASU's absolutely embarrassing 296.

The committee set a precedent last year leaving Syracuse out, and there's no way Arizona State should make it this year with that non conference schedule.
                      I dont think Villa will make it. Too many bad losses....both to rotten teams like Rutgers and most losses this yr by DD. 8 of the last nine losses were by DD. Big East not that much better than other conf to deserve 8 teams, IMO.
                      Go Boilers!
                      thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
                      NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
                      NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
                      NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
                      NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
                      NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
                      NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
                      NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
                      NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
                      NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

UKY is in....that's not even debatable IMO.

i think there are some teams/coaches trying to make cases for their teams that don't hold water. VTECH, VCU, ILLST....none of those teams did enough to make the tournament. Sorry Seth, one good game vs. UNC doesn't get you in the dance.

But lets all be honest, is there really a team that if they didn't get in you could say got screwed? IMO, no way. Arizona, Ohio State, Oregon, ASU, Villanova....those teams all had their chances and didn't get it done. IllState, VCU, Dayton, UMASS and VTech have no business being in.

And i agree with BB on Villanova...too many bad losses and too many blowout losses.

Comment

LMAO.....UTArlington up 3 with :20 left and a T.O. was called.....the UTA mascot was in the huddle with the team.....:laughing:.......

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                            LMAO.....UTArlington up 3 with :20 left and a T.O. was called.....the UTA mascot was in the huddle with the team.....:laughing:.......
                            He is the only one on scholarship....

UTA has never made the NCAAs
                            Go Boilers!
                            thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
                            NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
                            NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
                            NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
                            NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
                            NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
                            NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
                            NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
                            NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
                            NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerBacker View Post
                              I dont think Villa will make it. Too many bad losses....both to rotten teams like Rutgers and most losses this yr by DD. 8 of the last nine losses were by DD. Big East not that much better than other conf to deserve 8 teams, IMO.
                              Good points, but to say the Big East is not that much better than any other conference I think is not that accurate. The Big 10 is flat out awful this year (if anyone watched this weke's game, their eyes bled), and the ACC is only sending 4 teams to the tournament and one of them is Miami. The SEC has Georgia in their tournament final for crying out loud. The Big East tournament was fantastic basketball at a very high level throughout. Same for the Pac 10. Those two conferences are so far ahead of the others this year, I really don't think it's very debatable.

The Big East has 16 teams so 8 in is only half their teams. If you can find a team that has better resume than Villanova that I left out than please tell me. There's more serious flaws than DD losses (a loss is a loss, who cares if it's by 5 points or 12 points for example) with my last four out.

Arizona State - The numbers are above and Nova trumps them in every way (plus 296 non conf schedule is a huge red flag)
                              Illinois St - 2 Top 50 wins and bot hare over Creighton who's ranked 48th and not a Top 50 team anyway
                              Virginia Tech - 1 Top 50 win all season long and it came against Miami the other day... big deal.
                              UMass - Lost to Charlotte in 1st round of the A-10 tournament plsu I don't think anyone wil largue for UMass anyway

:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X