X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigmoe View Post
    Boise St. over Louisville.
    :eeek:

That would screw my brackets.....imo Louisville goes deep into the tourney.

My 3 upsets....

BYU over A&M

G Mason over ND

Zona over WV
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post

Zona over WV
      forgot that one....definitely with you on that one....

i am with Nitts on UGA. Good night irene vs. X. They are going to get bombed.
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

byu over a&m is my favorite play on the board .......if u wanna call it an upset..........hey maybe i can come over and watch the game at your house U-DOG :laughing: :laughing: ..........thats ok go hang out with your long island tanning booth guys and your fruity allentown friends :thumbs: :thumbs:
        ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
        NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
        MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
        CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
          ..........thats ok go hang out with your long island tanning booth guys and your fruity allentown friends :thumbs: :thumbs:
          yeah, rumor has it Udog was seen buying extra hoodies to wear under his jacket....:ohman:...

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
            these trendy upset picks never come through for the most part. The more i see TEM and UGA appearing the more i will avoid them like the plague
            Temple and Siena are going to get ROCKED. Agreed, all these trendy picks from seeds 11 and 13, 14 (12 I'll exclude cuz the stats say so) always go down in flames. Seems liek the last team in always wins too - Nova beats Clemson..

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
              I guess people forget fairly quickly just how bad Georgia really is. This team won 4 conference games ALL YEAR, and just got hot over a couple days. If the tourney started yesterday I may consider them to win, but they have still yet to beat a ranked opponent which is what they'll face Thursday against Xavier. Please don't fall in to the trap.

I agree Nitts - no getting around the fact that the 'Dawgs are just not a very good basketball team. Besides Gaines, I don't know who will play well enough for them to pull off the upset. They got hot at the right time and were really no different than my Illini except that they can actually score more than 50 pts/game (IL :bang: ) and that they won the title game. Miss. St was the best team they beat and lucked out by not having to face Vandy or Tennessee. I just don't see them being able to compete w/Xavier. The Musketeers are a very balanced and experience bball team and I look for a DD win here. Duncan, Brown, Lavender, Burrell, and Co. will get it done.

Moose
              Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Originally posted by COACH DITKA View Post
                I agree Nitts - no getting around the fact that the 'Dawgs are just not a very good basketball team. Besides Gaines, I don't know who will play well enough for them to pull off the upset. They got hot at the right time and were really no different than my Illini except that they can actually score more than 50 pts/game (IL :bang: ) and that they won the title game. Miss. St was the best team they beat and lucked out by not having to face Vandy or Tennessee. I just don't see them being able to compete w/Xavier. The Musketeers are a very balanced and experience bball team and I look for a DD win here. Duncan, Brown, Lavender, Burrell, and Co. will get it done.

Moose
                gaines...lmao...guy can't guard anyone without fouling out. I agree...X will paste them

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                  X will paste them
                  I have a pretty strong lean towards laying the chalk there...
                  Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

8 UNLV
                    10 Davidson
                    11 St. Joseph's
                    12 Western Kentucky

At least that's what I have on my preliminary bracket.

Comment

St Joes
                      Zona
                      Saint Marys

Comment

Baylor
                        Boise State! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                          Baylor
                          Boise State! lol
                          These are two "upset picks" I'm seeing a lot and for the life of me can't fathom how anyone can think either of these teams can win. With regard to Boise State, they traditionally can't win a game outside of their home arena and they play no defense whatsoever and they are going to beat Louisville, one of the best defensive teams in all of college basketball? I just don't see it. They lost at Montana State and lost at home to Loyola Marymount this year, haha... Yea, they have a bunch of road/neutral wins this year, but that's because the WAC was the worst it's been in recent memory. I think everyone just remembers the recent "classic" in the WAC final but I think that's fool's gold. With regard to Baylor, is there a team in the field of 65 playing worse basketball over the past month then Baylor is? 4-6 in their last 10 and 5-7 in their last 12 and they got upended by mighty Colorado on a neutral court. Again, another situation with a solid defensive team versus a sieve of defense.

I like Louisville and Purdue a bunch to advance comfortably :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                            Baylor
                            Boise State! lol
                            yeah....geez...I have LOU & PUR going deep in my bracket! lol...

Comment

I also am of the mindset that picking upsets is what loses people these bracket pools. Maybe there will be 1 13 or 14 seed that beats a 3 or 4 seed (at best - IMHO there's not one 14 seed that even a remote case can be made for that they win outright). What are the chances you pick the right one? 12.5%. And if you pick the wrong one, or more than one, are losing valuable points everyone else is getting. Is it fun to pick upsets? You're damn right it is. Is it smart if you're in a pool for money? Definitely not.

IMHO the best round to pick upsets is the third round. Anyway, this is why the tournament is so much fun cause everyone has their own strategies and opinions and no one is right or wrong.

:thumbs:

Comment

definatley:thumbs:
                                NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                                X