Whats your guy's first round upset?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tampayay
    started a topic Whats your guy's first round upset?

Whats your guy's first round upset?

All regions.....

• PaulM
    replied
    Fullerton :beerbang:

Leave a comment:

• navy_blue99
    replied
    Don't think there's going to be a lot of upsets. Last year there wasn't a lot, and this year I kinda see the same trend. That being said, there are a few I like:

South Alabama: Game is being played in Birmingham, almost a home game for the Jags. Very underrated team, against I think an overrated Butler squad.

Baylor: Not just winning the first round, but I have them penciled in to play Duke, where they should give them all they could handle.

Villanova: Too much Clemson hype. ACC is not impressive this year outside of the Big 2. I like the way Nova matches up with them.

Leave a comment:

• GoBigorGoHome
    replied
    i dont forsee alot of outright upsets but alot of games should be close, i look for south alabama to hang in with butler as their styles are quite similar. george mason should give ND all they can handle as the matchup of thomas vs. harangody is quite interesting. other than that i have kansas state outright along with st joes and st marys. other than that, its all chalk

Leave a comment:

• tampayay
    replied
    definatley:thumbs:

Leave a comment:

• CuseFan10
    replied
    I also am of the mindset that picking upsets is what loses people these bracket pools. Maybe there will be 1 13 or 14 seed that beats a 3 or 4 seed (at best - IMHO there's not one 14 seed that even a remote case can be made for that they win outright). What are the chances you pick the right one? 12.5%. And if you pick the wrong one, or more than one, are losing valuable points everyone else is getting. Is it fun to pick upsets? You're damn right it is. Is it smart if you're in a pool for money? Definitely not.

IMHO the best round to pick upsets is the third round. Anyway, this is why the tournament is so much fun cause everyone has their own strategies and opinions and no one is right or wrong.

:thumbs:

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyMapleLeaf
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin View Post
    Baylor
    Boise State! lol
    yeah....geez...I have LOU & PUR going deep in my bracket! lol...

Leave a comment:

• CuseFan10
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin View Post
    Baylor
    Boise State! lol
    These are two "upset picks" I'm seeing a lot and for the life of me can't fathom how anyone can think either of these teams can win. With regard to Boise State, they traditionally can't win a game outside of their home arena and they play no defense whatsoever and they are going to beat Louisville, one of the best defensive teams in all of college basketball? I just don't see it. They lost at Montana State and lost at home to Loyola Marymount this year, haha... Yea, they have a bunch of road/neutral wins this year, but that's because the WAC was the worst it's been in recent memory. I think everyone just remembers the recent "classic" in the WAC final but I think that's fool's gold. With regard to Baylor, is there a team in the field of 65 playing worse basketball over the past month then Baylor is? 4-6 in their last 10 and 5-7 in their last 12 and they got upended by mighty Colorado on a neutral court. Again, another situation with a solid defensive team versus a sieve of defense.

I like Louisville and Purdue a bunch to advance comfortably :thumbs:

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    Baylor
    Boise State! lol

Leave a comment:

• emv01
    replied
    St Joes
    Zona
    Saint Marys

Leave a comment:

• EdwardHaney
    replied
    8 UNLV
    10 Davidson
    11 St. Joseph's
    12 Western Kentucky

At least that's what I have on my preliminary bracket.

Leave a comment:

• Underdog88
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    X will paste them
    I have a pretty strong lean towards laying the chalk there...

Leave a comment:

• FlyersFan
    replied
    Originally posted by COACH DITKA View Post
    I agree Nitts - no getting around the fact that the 'Dawgs are just not a very good basketball team. Besides Gaines, I don't know who will play well enough for them to pull off the upset. They got hot at the right time and were really no different than my Illini except that they can actually score more than 50 pts/game (IL :bang: ) and that they won the title game. Miss. St was the best team they beat and lucked out by not having to face Vandy or Tennessee. I just don't see them being able to compete w/Xavier. The Musketeers are a very balanced and experience bball team and I look for a DD win here. Duncan, Brown, Lavender, Burrell, and Co. will get it done.

Moose
    gaines...lmao...guy can't guard anyone without fouling out. I agree...X will paste them

Leave a comment:

• COACH DITKA
    replied
    Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
    I guess people forget fairly quickly just how bad Georgia really is. This team won 4 conference games ALL YEAR, and just got hot over a couple days. If the tourney started yesterday I may consider them to win, but they have still yet to beat a ranked opponent which is what they'll face Thursday against Xavier. Please don't fall in to the trap.

I agree Nitts - no getting around the fact that the 'Dawgs are just not a very good basketball team. Besides Gaines, I don't know who will play well enough for them to pull off the upset. They got hot at the right time and were really no different than my Illini except that they can actually score more than 50 pts/game (IL :bang: ) and that they won the title game. Miss. St was the best team they beat and lucked out by not having to face Vandy or Tennessee. I just don't see them being able to compete w/Xavier. The Musketeers are a very balanced and experience bball team and I look for a DD win here. Duncan, Brown, Lavender, Burrell, and Co. will get it done.

Moose

Leave a comment:

• CuseFan10
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    these trendy upset picks never come through for the most part. The more i see TEM and UGA appearing the more i will avoid them like the plague
    Temple and Siena are going to get ROCKED. Agreed, all these trendy picks from seeds 11 and 13, 14 (12 I'll exclude cuz the stats say so) always go down in flames. Seems liek the last team in always wins too - Nova beats Clemson..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X