Harmonious NCAA Sweet 16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonious NCAA Sweet 16

I just typed up large paragraph write-ups for each game and then freakin deleted it by accident, awesome... Nice waste of 15 minutes. Good luck tonight everyone!!! I don't have the heart to type it all out again... Ha.

1 UNIT
    Washington State (+9)
    Washington State/North Carolina UNDER 143
    Xavier (+1)
    West Virginia/Xavier OVER 136.5
    Tennessee (+3.5)
    Louisville/Tennessee UNDER 145.5
    UCLA (-11.5)
    North Carolina team total UNDER 77.5

0.5 UNIT
    Washington State ML (+400)

:thumbs:

Might add Xavier/West Virginia OVER too and Louisville/Tennessee UNDER - not sure.
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-27-2008, 04:46 PM. Reason: added a couple

GL Cuse! :thumbs:

I like the plays (although I'm on Louisville).
    What do you think the chances Michigan St can beat Memphis tomorrow? Tigers FT shooting bite them in the butt?

Comment

I like 'em Cuse. Good luck.
      NBA: 9-15, 31%
      NCAA CBB: 119-76, 61%
      MLB: 21-18, +10.47 UNITS
      NFL PRESEASON: 14-6
      NFL REG. SEASON: 51-34, 60%
      TOTALS: 1-3, 25%
      PLAYOFFS: 4-1
      NFL OVERALL: 68-44, 61%

NCAA FOOTBALL:
      SIDES: 102-68, 60%
      BOWLS: 16-13
      TOTALS: 0-0

Favorite teams:
      NCAAF: Purdue
      NCAABB: Purdue
      NFL: Tampa Bay
      NBA: Orlando Magic
      MLB: Cubbies

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
        GL Cuse! :thumbs:

I like the plays (although I'm on Louisville).
        What do you think the chances Michigan St can beat Memphis tomorrow? Tigers FT shooting bite them in the butt?
        I'll take Izzo over Calipari anyday. Should be a good game. I'm always biased towards Memphis though because except for Chris Douglas Roberts I hate every thing about Memphis and their program.

Comment

gl cuse. on a lot of the same. I'm on the 'ville, but i do think you are probably on the right side. Something tells me tennessee wins that game. how i have no clue, but i think you are right nontheless.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
            Louisville/Tennessee UNDER - not sure.
            Cash money, IMO. GL Cuse :thumbs:
            Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
              gl cuse. on a lot of the same. I'm on the 'ville, but i do think you are probably on the right side. Something tells me tennessee wins that game. how i have no clue, but i think you are right nontheless.
              Thanks Daws. Everyone is proclaiming this Louisville/North Carolina match-up as the best possible game for the tournament, but can they get there first please? I'm not convinced either one of them gets thru to the Elite Eight.

Yea, Louisville looked insanely impressive, but they played freakin Boise State and Oklahoma. One team can't stop anyone and the other can't score to save their lives. I guess all the terrible road losses and awful BE Tourney display they put on just go out the window because the beat Boise State and Oklahoma? Any team in the country would have struggled with Butler in the second round, and if Tennessee loses this game (which there's a very good chance they do), it will be because they beat themselves, not because Louisville outplayed them or played harder. I'm interested to see how Louisville's sloppy players, which includes, well..... every player on Louisville except David Padgett, handles the Tennessee pressure for 40 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                Cash money, IMO. GL Cuse :thumbs:
                Love to hear that UDoggie Dogg! :beerbang:

Comment

at the same time, tennessee has not been impressive at all in my recent memory. Barely beating south carolina in the conference tourney, and losing to arkansas? Then struggling with american freakin university for 35 minutes doesnt say much. And butler who we all know is an overrated team takes them to OT? I can't back a tennessee team who really doesn't play defense imo. Where are you seeing unc/louisville being touted? I haven't heard that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                    at the same time, tennessee has not been impressive at all in my recent memory. Barely beating south carolina in the conference tourney, and losing to arkansas? Then struggling with american freakin university for 35 minutes doesnt say much. And butler who we all know is an overrated team takes them to OT? I can't back a tennessee team who really doesn't play defense imo. Where are you seeing unc/louisville being touted? I haven't heard that at all.
                    Maybe it's a local thing here (which wouldn't make sense except that Pitino is a local guy and has ties abound all over this state and new york city), but all on the radio and tv almost every prediction I've seen from the "experts" has Louisville vs North Carolina.

I agree UT is sloppy and doesn't play defense and could easily go down in flames, not denying that at all. I just think they were bored at the end of the year and Pearl will have them chomping at the bit for this one. I really think Louey's players are just as sloppy as UT's too. Sosa, Clark, Caracter, Williams, Smith, and Palacios all have extremely low basketball IQ's if you ask me.

The UNDER got pounded from 147 down to 144 already, so I guess I'm not alone thinking this game will be a turnoverfest of possible epic proportions.

Comment

GL tonight, Cuse. Hope X cashes for you. Should be a very hard fought game. I'm hoping X has a chip on its shoulder for being an underdog in a 3/7 matchup...plus, Huggs and WVU have been getting all the press this week...fine with me, I like X flying under the radar. Hoping this one comes down to free throws. WVU is #222 in D1 in fouls per game. They do that against X, who has been shooting free throws at an 80% clip during the tourney, X could make them pay. Derrick Brown on Joe Alexander should be a great matchup. Brown is athletic and long with a 7'4" wingspan. Hopefully he can stay in front of him and make him work really hard for all his points. Think Duncan and Love could make a difference in the paint tonight for X.

Well, tipoff in about an hour. Excuse me while I go throw up. I am one nervous MFer.

GO X!!
                      "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
                        GL tonight, Cuse. Hope X cashes for you. Should be a very hard fought game. I'm hoping X has a chip on its shoulder for being an underdog in a 3/7 matchup...plus, Huggs and WVU have been getting all the press this week...fine with me, I like X flying under the radar. Hoping this one comes down to free throws. WVU is #222 in D1 in fouls per game. They do that against X, who has been shooting free throws at an 80% clip during the tourney, X could make them pay. Derrick Brown on Joe Alexander should be a great matchup. Brown is athletic and long with a 7'4" wingspan. Hopefully he can stay in front of him and make him work really hard for all his points. Think Duncan and Love could make a difference in the paint tonight for X.

Well, tipoff in about an hour. Excuse me while I go throw up. I am one nervous MFer.

GO X!!
                        I had a whole write-up on the game but I deleted it by accident. Basically, what it comes down to for me is that I think Xavier is more athletic and can get points from far more places than WVU can. WVU has it's three in Alexander, Ruoff, and Nichols but that's about it since I don't expect Butler to be able to handle Duncan on either end of the court. I also like how Xavier grinded out both wins (though I hope they don't go down 10 points in the first 5 minutes again) while WVU could suffer a bit of a 'Duke Hangover' IMHO. Another huge factor for me is that WVU's best line-up is when they go small and I think that plays right into an athletic Xavier's hands. Also like Burrell to shut down either Ruoff or Nichols, whoever Miller puts him on. Basically, if one of the three guys on WVU has a bad shooting night ,I'm not sure WVU can overcome that in this one, while Xavier can manufacture points from about 8 guys if need be.

Comment

GL CF :beerbang:

Comment

GL Cuse!
                            :beer2:
                            ...toke on...

Comment

Friday Sweet 16 Matchups

About even yesterday, small profit. Here's today's BOL everyone!!!!

2 UNITS
                              Villanova/Kansas OVER 144. Jay Wright knows the only shot they have is to play fast and loose and chuck up the 3's because they simply can't match up with Kansas height and skill inside. I wouldn't be surprised if Nova take nearly 30 3's tonight.

1 UNIT
                              Michigan State (+4.5). Plenty of big bodies to give plenty of fouls and make Memphis earn points from the foul line.
                              Stanford (+3.5). If they can control the pace of the game and urn their boring sets this one should go down to the wire.
                              Stanford/Texas UNDER 134. I think the tempo is slow, only problem is both teams shoot free throws well.
                              Davidson/Wisconsin OVER 126.5. Go against the grain here probably, but Wisky has been shooting it well.

Have a couple ML parlays pending too that I won't bore anyone with. Nail'em tonight guys, hope your brackets are still in contention.

Comment

Working...
                              X