NCAATourney Ohio State Marches On Saturday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
    Point taken, but if/when Dorsey gets to the NBA and guys are just a big and physical as he is, he will be awful. Ben Wallace is the exception to the rule.
    This is exactly the point I have been making about Greg Oden all season when everyone says he is gonna be the #1 pick in the NBA draft. Once these guys get up against guys who aren't physically "boys" compared to them, they're gonna need some skills to compete. The thing I've noticed is that ALOT of people who love college hoops and are very knowledgeable about it know very little or nothing about the NBA, and that is exactly why I said before that any NBA team who takes Oden (if he comes out) a lottery pick is doomed to failure for wasting a pick on a player who still needs a ton of development at the college level or in the D-league.

Generally lottery picks don't end up in the D-league....and either one of those guys would get eaten alive in the NBA at the skill level they are currently at.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
      This is exactly the point I have been making about Greg Oden all season when everyone says he is gonna be the #1 pick in the NBA draft. Once these guys get up against guys who aren't physically "boys" compared to them, they're gonna need some skills to compete. The thing I've noticed is that ALOT of people who love college hoops and are very knowledgeable about it know very little or nothing about the NBA, and that is exactly why I said before that any NBA team who takes Oden (if he comes out) a lottery pick is doomed to failure for wasting a pick on a player who still needs a ton of development at the college level or in the D-league.

Generally lottery picks don't end up in the D-league....and either one of those guys would get eaten alive in the NBA at the skill level they are currently at.
      I fully admit I know more about college than the NBA, and I've also criticized Oden in previous thread's all season long, but we have to take into account that he has been injured, has a low post game, and cam make his free throws so I think it's a bit much to doom him to the NBDL. Plus, he is a defensive presence the moment he steps on the court. I'm not sure he's the next great center, but I definitely think he becomes a nice, impact player in the NBA and eventual All Star.

Joey Dorsey is just trash. He took one shot all half and it was from 2 feet away and he didn't even hit the rim. The two are not even comparable, IMHO (but I recognize your point Stiff). In fact, his "shot" was so bad they didn't even count it as a shot and just called it a turnover, haha...
      Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-24-2007, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Oh no doubt....I wasn't even comparing the two. Oden is a very good player. My point was that I don't think that he's in any way NBA ready, nor has he shown the ability to take over and dominate a game like many are seemingly giving him credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post

O H
          I O

:party:

Comment

I still think Syracuse should have gotten in over Ohio St, but thats a different story for a different day.
            NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
            NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
            NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
            NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

O-H-I-O STATE:beerbang:

Comment

Buckeyes looked great today. Dorsey is a moron......
                I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Congrats to the BUCKEYES

I would love to see a HIBBERT / ODEN matchup ..
                  Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                  (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                  (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
                    I would love to see a HIBBERT / ODEN matchup ..
                    Why? The way they both have been playing this tourny, they would both spend the majority of the game in foul trouble on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                      Why? The way they both have been playing this tourny, they would both spend the majority of the game in foul trouble on the bench.

True
                      Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                        NCAATourney2007: 17-10-2

THE Ohio State University -130............just really think this team is on a "mission", "run", call it what you want. Not a homer play, as i would fade them in a NY minute if i thought they would lose today.

UCLA +2....................UCLA 4-0 in Western Regional Finals and Bill Self is 0-3 in elite8 games.....who cares, but it makes my play look better. I just think KU has too many chinks in the armor with their foul shooting and turnovers.

BTW...anyone know how GM's bracket is shaping up?

GL to everyone!

:beerbang:

:pud:
                        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

2-0 today.....

NCAATourney2007: 19-10-2

GL to everyone!
                          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Working...
                          X