• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah...lol...thanks.....
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Off the subject a little

how can Randolph Morris go from playing for KENTUCKY in the NCAA TOURNEY to signing a free agent contract with the KNICKS all in the same week. What am i missing here ?
      Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
        how can Randolph Morris go from playing for KENTUCKY in the NCAA TOURNEY to signing a free agent contract with the KNICKS all in the same week. What am i missing here ?

he entered the draft last year and was not drafted, i think... if you're not drafted you can come back to school if you never signed an agent (which, i guess he didn't)... ANYHOW, since he already went through the draft once, he is TECHNICALLY a Free Agent. Rules stipulate all new members to the league must submit to the draft... after that, its fair game.

Comment

I agree with Skins on the fact that it is a great opportunity for these kids to actually graduate with a degree when there would be no way in hell they would have stepped foot in a college otherwise.

However, I've seen the ugly, take for example a guy on a team I played for had a 0.0 gpa spring semester yet was able to strap a helmet on and play the following fall somehow. There are guys that see going to school as just something they have to do to play ball, nothing more.

But, this represents a very small fraction of college athletes. I honestly can't see how some guys who are engineering majors and play football can have a 3.8 gpa, it's really incredible with the time commitment for a sport.

Honestly though, I don't see how anyone should feel they deserve money because of the way they played in college. It's really quite ridiculous. You get your scholarship, that's GREAT help. But, you play the game because you love it. Money would be the last thing you should be thinking about when making a run in the final four, you play your hearts out for that championship, nothing more.
          Last edited by MRAB54; 03-28-2007, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I played a collegiate sport that didn't get as much funding as the "big sports", baseball to be exact. We got partial scholarships, a little bit, but not much enough to even pay for half of schooling costs. We put in the same hours as the rest of the sports, if not more. So I kind of get upset when some of these people say they got "nothing." A free education at a top tier university is something that many of these kids would have never had a chance at without sports, that in itself is priceless IMO. For example, I was recruited as a quarterback to go to Princeton, and the coach had told me he can get kids in there with a 1200 on their SAT. Now, if you know anything about Princeton, a 1200 probably ain't gettin you in unless you're going there to play a sport. I chose a different path because I was young and had a chance to play further in baseball at a high level than I did had I gone to Princeton to play football. My point is, an education, per year, at some of these schools is upwards of $35,000, much more than any of these kids would be making had they not attended college and gotten a job out of high school. So I think it is enough, and I was an athlete myself. Sure it would be nice to get paid on top of it, but it just isn't necessary IMO. Next we're going to be talking about paying kids in the Little League World Series because that thing makes a ton of money for ESPN.

Comment

Working...
            X