NCAA Tourney Final 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    no wager for me. I honestly think Florida wins this one and i refuse to bet against THE Ohio State University in this one. The main problem for OSU is going to be once again, Oden not being able to stay on the floor (and you kind of have to assume that seeing he hasn't been able to do it yet). And this time, there are just too many weapons for FLA for OSU to hang without him. OSU's perimeter defense has been very suspect at times, and i think that will come back to haunt them as well. They were leaving GTowns shooters with wide open looks quite a few times in the semis. They also struggled to rebound when Oden was out and Hibbert was in. I think Florida wins this one by about 8-12 points and if this didn't involve OSU, i would be all over Florida. Hope i am wrong, but from a pure basketball standpoint, i am having a hard time seeing it any other way. The ONLY way OSU wins this one is if Oden can stay on the floor and they can get Lewis and Butler going from the outside. They have the quickness to stay with Florida on the perimeter if Oden can play Horford SU inside. But if Oden leaves the floor and OSU has to double team the posts, it's good night irene. I guess i am having a hard time saying that this game will be different with Oden when he has picked up quick fouls about everytime out.

But just like nobody gave Florida a chance (including me) in football, no one is giving OSU a chance in hoops...and as we saw in January, anything is possible in a one game and done finals. Should Oden stay on the floor, i give OSU a good chance to win this one.

And finally, I will say this, though. They are a very good basketball team who has had a great season and is 2-0 in their L2 games vs. the spread vs. 2 very good teams and covered those numbers by a combined 23 1/2 points. Those 2 teams had lost exactly 2 of their last 40+ games combined. If you haven't seen that in their last 2 games and you find yourself still whining about the X game then i really have no respect for your basketball IQ or opinion.

enjoyed the hoops season......best of luck to everyone wagering on the game (actually GL only to those wagering on OSU...if you bet on FLA then you can go f*ck yourself :glass: ). I will be watching this one with the SoCal buckeye nation at our viewing spot.

O-H

GO BUCKS!!!!!!
    what a weenie.

Even I am betting OSU.
    Go Boilers!
    thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
    NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
    NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
    NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
    NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
    NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
    NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
    NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
    NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
    NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

Thank you Ron Lewis and Jamar Bricklayer. Ron Lewis with ZERO three pointers (i left with 2 minutes left so sorry if i shorted ya one in garbage time Ron) in the Final Four and Jamar Butler was just absolutely atrocious from the Tennessee game on where he shot a whopping 5 for 24 from 3 point range. Ron Lewis chimed in with an equally impressive 0 for 4 tonight and 0 for 7 for the Final Four. Just can't win when you shoot 4 for 23 from 3 land and the other team shoots 10 for 18. Congrats to Florida. They knocked their shots down and OSU didn't. And i mentioned OSU's perimiter defense above and sure enough, it came back to bite them.

What a joke, BTW if noah goes pro. Either (a) who is he kidding or (b) the NBA is atrocious. I vote for (C) all of the above.

Been a fun season. Sucks when your squad shoots like OSU did tonight missing wide open shot after wide open shot, but such is life. Was a great season for Buckeye nation.

See you all for the men's and rug munchers' CWS.

GL to everyone!
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

A definite heavy loss beyond any disbelief.
        “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

If Noah goes in the first round I may consider never watching an NBA game again because that will prove how ****ty the NBA really is..

Comment

Besides Noah is like the third best player on that team...I'd gladly take Brewer who has great speed,and length and ball handling ability over Noah, not to mention Horford is way better than Noah, and even Green and Humphrey impress me more than he did...

Comment

NOAH won't even be a good NBA backup but he could play in the WNBA, probably not very well though....LMAO

What a way for the Bucks to finish.....Oden plays his arse off and everybody else disappeared especially on the D at the arc! :blackeye:
              Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                What a joke, BTW if noah goes pro. Either (a) who is he kidding or (b) the NBA is atrocious. I vote for (C) all of the above.
                He started the season predicted to go 3rd on this site (over Horford!?!)...now has dropped to 6th....looks like lottery for sure. Crazy talk.

NBADraft.net | Home

Comment

Working...
                X