Playing the under in conference tourny games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing the under in conference tourny games

It seems to me that playing the under in conference tournament games is the way to go with the teams playing on a neutral court. With teams playing on a neutral court it seems it'd be harder for both teams to find any kind of a flow offensively and especially in a win or go home situation they would be more likely to slow it down to find the best shots.

Just wanted to get a good discussion going about this, as I have no historical stats to back up this claim, but figured some of you can probably speak better to the subject.

EDIT: Just checked and it appears 3 of the 4 games already played today have gone under the total as well.. food for thought.

Also, I'm likely done posting any picks on NCAA basketball for the season after I had that horrible day last weekend by being a homer and risking more units than I should. Baseball season is another matter entirely though! :thumbs:
    Last edited by ncsucharlie; 03-10-2009, 04:33 PM.
    2009 NCAA Football
    Record: 41-38-1
    +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
    Record: 11-14-0
    +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
    Record: 15-15-2
    +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

always that way...(a) teams play multiple games in multiple days and lose their legs for shooting (b) tightusbungitis sets in and both teams know this is it and i think are much more cautious and play probably tighter...especially the higher seeds (c) the old saying always goes, in a big game, play the under.....probably right 2/3 of the time
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

yeah, it seems like the books may adjust their lines for this as well though.
      2009 NCAA Football
      Record: 41-38-1
      +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
      Record: 11-14-0
      +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
      Record: 15-15-2
      +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

Working...
      X