Sweet 16 lines out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    :dunno: :dunno:...how do you live in Illinois and have any feelings at all towards Arizona. Especially since ILL rallied to beat them in the final 8 4 years ago or so.

I'm not going to get into on here b/c I don't wanna stir anything up but I've had multiple awful experiences with Arizona fans. Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to share my stories.
    Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Originally posted by COACH DITKA View Post
      I'm not going to get into on here b/c I don't wanna stir anything up but I've had multiple awful experiences with Arizona fans. Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to share my stories.
      yeah i was just curious. i mean lmao that Arizona fan would have anything to say to Illini guy......i could understand if you would have had multiple awful experiences with buckeye fans....
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by xHeroOfTheDayx View Post
        I'm going to be on Nova ML big.

as i will be on duke -2 big

in defensive games there is no better team in the field to take than the one coached by K

Kansas ml is another play i like as mich st shows its colors as pretenders and the defending champs are heading into a big game vs louville in the leet 8

finally my 3rd big play will be on points over in gonzaga unc this game will be very high scoring...
        NCAAF YTD
        Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

i haven't made up my mind yet on louis / az

but i feel it's going to be hard for me to lay that many points with louisville

The pressure is on louisville
          AZ should be loose .. Alot of people don't even think they belong

AZ may be a solid play with all those points .. and may be worth a shot at the ML IMO

still looking at some things in this game ..

The one thing that scares me is it seems louisville has the ability to totally take out one of your best players .. they went to WVU and shutdown RUOFF .. GOOSE EGG for him at home vs LOUISVILLE in the BIG EAST regular season finale ..

also they shutdown scotty reynolds ( 2 points ) .. And that press scares me ..

Nic Wise will be key .. attack that press and get to the rim !!!

Lean towards AZ plus ALL THEM POINTS RIGHT NOW
          Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by DukiesBaby View Post
            as i will be on duke -2 big

in defensive games there is no better team in the field to take than the one coached by K

Kansas ml is another play i like as mich st shows its colors as pretenders and the defending champs are heading into a big game vs louville in the leet 8

finally my 3rd big play will be on points over in gonzaga unc this game will be very high scoring...
            Kansas and Michigan State is a great matchup

Lucas and Collins ...

Kansas's youth scares me a bit ..

That is a tough call for me .. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR PLAYS THIS WEEK dukies

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
              yeah i was just curious. i mean lmao that Arizona fan would have anything to say to Illini guy......i could understand if you would have had multiple awful experiences with buckeye fans....
              Believe it or not, never have had a bad experience with Buckeye fans. Outside of the Zona incidents, only have had problems with Indiana fans and to a lesser extent, Iowa and Michigan.

As for the games, some further investigation has me rethinking some of my initial thoughts. Well, least I'll have something to keep me busy at work during the next couple of days. :laughing:
              Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Personally heres what I think

I like Louisville alot, whats been so impressive about Arizona, they beat the worst 5 seed and a team that shouldn't even have been a 5 seed, and they drew the 13 seed....kinda like the same thing with Nova last year, they beat the worst 5 seed, drew a 13 and then got romped by the #1 team in Kansas, I see no reason why it doesnt happen again this year....Pac10 sucks too, and they are going to face the best defensive team they have seen all year too...

I think I am the only one who likes Gonzaga, but I personally think the first 2 rounds might have been a wake up call for the Zags after beating up on the cupcakes the whole 2nd half of the season, Zags have a big guy in Heytvelt who has given Hansborough fits before, and they also have a quick pg who was known for his d, and then you have guys in Gray, Day, Bouldin, and Downs who can cause problems with length, shooting, etc....I dont think this is going to be as easy as everyone else is making it out to be or else this would have been a 10-11 pt line....

Nova should win, and I am reiterating the word should.....Nova has very good guard play, great team speed, and for a small team they hit the glass very hard, Duke will have no answer for Fisher, and I think Cunningham will take Singler to town, the only thing I am worried about is Henderson, because he will pose some problems for the Cats, but if they can force him away from the basket they should be ok... and if some how Cunningham fallis into foul trouble that could cause serious problems for the Cats, but if Cunnigham isnt in foul trouble, Nova will beat these guys ....

The other game I like is Memphis, after seeing Missouri-Marquette, I have never seen a team with more hacks in my life....Missouri thrives on pressure D, creating turnovers, being more atheltic then their opponent and getting out in transition....but I really feel Memphis has the better athletes and if they dont turn the ball over from the press, they should be able to run Missouri out of the building just like a lot of Mizzou's losses this year which werent close games....
                To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Personally i love watching missouri play

i love that style

Evans better be ready for this pressure .. .

I'm not so sure memphis has " the better athletes " here ...

Good Luck

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                  (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                  (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Pitt hasn't covered yet, while X has covered both games, hammering Portland St and pulling away from Wisconsin late. IMHO the oddsmakers were begging for X money Sunday against Wisconsin, but it just didn't work out for them.

Now it appears they are doing so again, offering about 2 extra pts or so to X bettors.

So are the oddsmakers dumbasses and haven't caught up to either one of these teams yet, or do they have it right this time?

My instinct tells me to play Pitt -7 and watch them coast to an easy cover by halfway thru the 2nd half, but such logic hasn't exactly worked in this tourney, or for about 98% of this ****ty basketball season for that matter.

The same holds true for the Nova/Puke game. IMO WAY too many people are piling on Nova there after watching them pound UCLA (in what basically amounted to a home game for Nova don't forget while UCLA was playing clear across the country)

My question is, if Nova is so great and has the better shot to win this game, the obvious question is why aren't they favored by now? Especially with seemingly everyone piling on. Or at the very least why has the line actually moved a half point in Puke's favor.

Which of course probably means Nova will win outright going away with the way this tourney/year has gone.
                    Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 03-26-2009, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X