Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 10

is in the house......

knocked out the top team in the big12 and the top team in the vaunted Big East.

Shame on those who crapped on the big10 this year.....:ohman:...league was a solid league...and i guess that "defensive" style of play in the big10 does work.

and Tom Izzo has amazingly put every kid who has played 4 years for him into at least 1 final four. That's some consistency.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Sparty!!! Izzo is the ******* man.... beers on me

Comment

.... also beat the #14 and PAC 10 Champion Washington in a virtual road game, the #16 team Florida State, the #21 team Clemson, both by DD seed teams who finished 4th and 7th in Big Ten.

I might argue that Okla is better than Kansas but KU did win reg season championship.
      Go Boilers!
      thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
      NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
      NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
      NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
      NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
      NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
      NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
      NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
      NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
      NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

I wish Izzo would come coach at NCSU. Or anybody else to come coach at NCSU for that matter.
        2009 NCAA Football
        Record: 41-38-1
        +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
        Record: 11-14-0
        +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
        Record: 15-15-2
        +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          is in the house......

knocked out the top team in the big12 and the top team in the vaunted Big East.

Shame on those who crapped on the big10 this year.....:ohman:...league was a solid league...and i guess that "defensive" style of play in the big10 does work.

and Tom Izzo has amazingly put every kid who has played 4 years for him into at least 1 final four. That's some consistency.
          get it over it already .. act like you have been there before :thumbs:

did we really need to start a "BIG 10" Thread .. .jeez louise

just the other day all the backers on Michigan State were "lucky" ...

jeez louise flyers ... :laughing:
          Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

He's loyal if anything.

I'll give him that, but not much more :beer2:

Michigan State looks good :thumbs:

gonna be a decent Final Four.

its been a subdued tourney IMO but some good teams left to watch
            :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
            -Big Pimpin-

Comment

i just don't get it with these big ten fans

THEY SHOULD HAVE A TEAM IN THE FINAL FOUR
              - EVERY YEAR

and i'm not sure this tournament is proof that they are an "Elite" confernce right now

i mean we have mentioned the big wins for WISCY , and Purdue

but we failed to metion

THE BUCKEYES losing to a MAAC team
              THE ILLINI losing to a SUN BELT team
              and Minnesota getting blown out by Texas

what has been impressive about the BIG TEN this tourney ..
              - a " lucky " win over Kansas
              - a BIG WIN, IMPRESSIVE WIN over Louisville

That's it .. we talked all year about how bad the PAC 10 was right ?
              i dont' think that PURDUE win over Washington is "something to write home about"

I know Flyers will respond to this :thumbs:

i just don't understand this one here

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

honestly i could really give a **** W2.....

just get SOOOO tired of hearing how bad the big10 is in EVERYTHING. just felt like saying something positive about the big10. i enjoy the sports in that conference whether it be the football, hoops, hockey from the schools that have teams.....and in the end that is really all that matters to me

go sparty...:thumbs:
                Last edited by FlyersFan; 03-29-2009, 07:14 PM.
                I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by BUNK MORELAND View Post
                  THEY SHOULD HAVE A TEAM IN THE FINAL FOUR
                  - EVERY YEAR

and i'm not sure this tournament is proof that they are an "Elite" confernce right now

i mean we have mentioned the big wins for WISCY , and Purdue

but we failed to metion

THE BUCKEYES losing to a MAAC team
                  THE ILLINI losing to a SUN BELT team
                  and Minnesota getting blown out by Texas

what has been impressive about the BIG TEN this tourney ..
                  - a " lucky " win over Kansas
                  - a BIG WIN, IMPRESSIVE WIN over Louisville

That's it .. we talked all year about how bad the PAC 10 was right ?
                  i dont' think that PURDUE win over Washington is "something to write home about"

I know Flyers will respond to this :thumbs:

i just don't understand this one here
                  I'm not going to make excuses for why the Big Ten lost but all the games could have been won by the Big Ten teams. I think it was a solid year for the conference and it showed by getting so many teams in and PSU playing well in the NIT. OSU loses in the last second to a solid Siena team. Illinois loses w/o one of their best players against an average team. Minnesota was in the game for a little while if I recall but they were fading for the last quarter of the season.

I saw MSU and Purdue as the class of the Big Ten this year and it showed in the tournament and I think overall the Big Ten was a solid conference this year compared to other conferences. You can't really include the Big East in the argument for best conference because it's basically 2 conferences combined. I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say, hehe
                  Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

ill take Tom Izzo over any other coach in the country :beerbang: :beerbang:
                    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Hooray for the big ten

HOORAY

HOORAY

Penn St is in the final four of the NIT

HOORAY for the big ten

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

i just don't understand

why every year we have to here about BIG TEN this and that

only when something good happens ...

The Big Ten should have a team in the final four in my mind

But we can't look past THE BODY OF WORK for this league THIS YEAR

It really was not a solid league this year IMO

and really there are no excuses for losses to Siena and Western Kentucky
                        I'm a P,I,double fan i know about losses to midmajors -KENT ST,BRADLEY,PACIFIC

My whole point behind this is this " THE BIG TEN SHOULD HAV A REP in the final four " every year ... There is no need to point it out when there is one !!!! ..

i just don't understand why the BIG TEN fans have to point it out ... I understand what FF was trying to do .. .. I know you guys are B10 fans and that's great .. I have said all year that i thought Purdue was very good. If people "crapped" on the B10 this year, they had every right to ... If that's what their opinion was i myself saw many reasons to crap on that league this year ..

I'm a big east fan because of P,I , double .. I EXPECT THAT LEAGE to have 5 of 16 sweet 16 teams .. I expect the BIG TEN to have 3 or 4 EVERY YEAR ..

I agree IZZO is a good coach , i have also heard that he feels VERY UNAPPRECIATED there ..

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Big Ten guys you had 7/64 teams in the tourney.....Thats the most of any conference and Michigan State should have lost to USC in the 2nd round if the refs didnt basicly give them the game, I mean what the hell are you guys gloating about here....You guys go the championship game in football every year, and get absoltuely EMBARASSED, and they talk about all the prime time wins, but they are getting against each other, living out East and being subjected to this basketball all the time, I dont see whats so great....Illinois was your 3rd best team and they got held to 38 pts at home vs PENN Freaking State.....Purdue beat Washington, but they also got every call in the game and then UCONN manhandled them, you guys lost horribly in the ACC-Bg 10 challenge and the ACC got 1 team past the Sweet 16...Michigan beat a grossly over-rated Clemson team who falls apart every time they make it to the dance...and as Bunk said Minnesota(smoked by TExas), Illinois lost to the Sun Belt champs in a game that wasnt even close till the end, Ohio State lost in their home state to SIENA....Michigan State, is good year in and year out, and they get just as many big time recruits as the Big East schools, its not a shock that a team like that is in the Final 4...I mean if you are MSU, you couldnt have asked for a better draw, they matched up very well with Louisville hence why I bet them yesterday, and I am a Big East fan....We got 1/3 of the teams we put in the tourney in the Final 4 and 2 of our teams made it to the Elite 8, and one made it to the Sweet 16, now thats pretty damn impressive...If MSU wins the national title then start a thread devoted to the Big 10, but until they do give it a rest becasue your conference got the most teams in the tournament and they have 1 left, and they have had 1 left for two rounds now.....just start a thread on how great MSU is, not the conference becuase the teams in that league arent on the same level as MSU
                          To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                          2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

LOL, you are an absolute tool! Why is it that all of the Big 10 wins are "lucky" and all the losses show how crappy we are? LOL what a joke you are my friend. So MSU and Purdue won because they got all the calls huh? Yeah okay. And I didn't hear you mention that Siena almost knocked off Louisville. They must be a bad, bad team. You also forgot to mention that Illinois had a key injury going into that game vs. WKU. Kind of hard to win NCAA games when your PG gets injured.

Michigan beat an overrated Clemson team? Umm dude the only thing that matters is that Clemson was a 7 and Michigan a 10. Michigan thoroughly outplayed Clemson in that game, it was an upset. What about Wisconsin a 12 seed knocking off FLORDIA STATE (a 5 seed that owned UNC in the ACC Conference Semis)?? That shows that even our weaker teams can whoop strong teams from very strong conferences.

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                            Big Ten guys you had 7/64 teams in the tourney.....Thats the most of any conference and Michigan State should have lost to USC in the 2nd round if the refs didnt basicly give them the game, I mean what the hell are you guys gloating about here....You guys go the championship game in football every year, and get absoltuely EMBARASSED, and they talk about all the prime time wins, but they are getting against each other, living out East and being subjected to this basketball all the time, I dont see whats so great....Illinois was your 3rd best team and they got held to 38 pts at home vs PENN Freaking State.....Purdue beat Washington, but they also got every call in the game and then UCONN manhandled them, you guys lost horribly in the ACC-Bg 10 challenge and the ACC got 1 team past the Sweet 16...Michigan beat a grossly over-rated Clemson team who falls apart every time they make it to the dance...and as Bunk said Minnesota(smoked by TExas), Illinois lost to the Sun Belt champs in a game that wasnt even close till the end, Ohio State lost in their home state to SIENA....Michigan State, is good year in and year out, and they get just as many big time recruits as the Big East schools, its not a shock that a team like that is in the Final 4...I mean if you are MSU, you couldnt have asked for a better draw, they matched up very well with Louisville hence why I bet them yesterday, and I am a Big East fan....We got 1/3 of the teams we put in the tourney in the Final 4 and 2 of our teams made it to the Elite 8, and one made it to the Sweet 16, now thats pretty damn impressive...If MSU wins the national title then start a thread devoted to the Big 10, but until they do give it a rest becasue your conference got the most teams in the tournament and they have 1 left, and they have had 1 left for two rounds now.....just start a thread on how great MSU is, not the conference becuase the teams in that league arent on the same level as MSU

Comment

Don't forget Craig Moore and Northwestern who knocked off Purdue and MSU:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                              X