Big 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCaymanIslands View Post
    LOL, you are an absolute tool! Why is it that all of the Big 10 wins are "lucky" and all the losses show how crappy we are? LOL what a joke you are my friend. So MSU and Purdue won because they got all the calls huh? Yeah okay. And I didn't hear you mention that Siena almost knocked off Louisville. They must be a bad, bad team. You also forgot to mention that Illinois had a key injury going into that game vs. WKU. Kind of hard to win NCAA games when your PG gets injured.

Michigan beat an overrated Clemson team? Umm dude the only thing that matters is that Clemson was a 7 and Michigan a 10. Michigan thoroughly outplayed Clemson in that game, it was an upset. What about Wisconsin a 12 seed knocking off FLORDIA STATE (a 5 seed that owned UNC in the ACC Conference Semis)?? That shows that even our weaker teams can whoop strong teams from very strong conferences.
    Buddy, I am not getting involved in a name slinging thing on the internet, I am way above that...I personally thought besides Michigan State, the Big 10 wasn't that good, and there is no way you are going to convince me otherwise.....I said Michigan State got lucky against USC, but I was very impressed with how they dismantled Louisville, hence why I bet Michigan State....Siena still lost though didn't they? They had great guard play and thats a key to beating Louisville, hence why MSU beat them...The Purdue-Washington game, Washington had about 4 and 1's taken away in that game, and the refs were very one sided, but none theless it was a good win for Purude, and they should be tough next year...FSU beat UNC w/o Lawson, and UNC is not UNC when Lawson is not on the court.....How many tourney games has Clemson won??? yep, 0! I had Michigan in my brackets and at +170 on the ML in Vegas, but do I think that is a good win, no not at all....Clemson started off 16-0 beating cupcakes, and then they beat a couple over-rated ACC teams at home and thats the bottom line, look at their resume they really arent good....I am not dogging MSU by any stretch because they are a very good team, but did they get fortunate in this tournament? yes they did, but they showed great resiliency, and are a good team and have just as good of a shot as anyone.....but as a whole do I think the Big 10 was strong this year?? NO I dont...I think Michigan State is a very good team, Purdue is a good team, and the rest of the conference is mediocore.....

so buddy, I am not trying to insult anyone, so keep your insults to yourself or if you have the need to try and bury people, go to another forum, because I have been posting here forever and at the old site and thats just not the way it seems like everyone is here, and while I have differing opinions, what the hell are you accomplishing calling me a tool over the internet.... but I am saying the Big 10 shouldn't be banging their chests because they got one team in the Final 4, Michigan State fans should be banging their chests, because they are the class of the conference and they deservingly earned their way to the Final 4....BTW I also couldn't have thought MSU was that bad if I bet them the last 2 games, and one of them being against a Big East school....so have a good day, I am going to enjoy watching my favorite college basketball team continue their Final 4 run!
    To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
    2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Siena is a good basketball team that played a pretty tough schedule. Look at replays of the Louisville game. In addition, they gave Kansas a pretty good game in January in Lawrence losing by 7 after being down 20 early. They are the 19th ranked RPI team and needed two clutch 3 pt shots to beat OSU in 2OT.

The PAC 10 looked pretty good in round 1.
      Go Boilers!
      thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
      NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
      NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
      NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
      NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
      NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
      NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
      NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
      NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
      NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

:boog:

Comment

A couple things...

1. I am an Illini grad and therefore biased.

2. The Big Ten takes a lot of crap not only in this forum, but on that dumb eastern seaboard sports netowrk because of their style of play that is often ugly ( see Illiniois vs Penn State 38-33 or most Illinois games this year for that matter.)

3. Michigan State is the only school in the Big Ten that gets blue chip talent these days, otherwise most teams develop 4 year players that play defensive team oriented pass the ball basketball.

4. The talent level at Big East / ACC schools is far above that of the Big Ten...they recruit nationally, pulling kids from all over the country, whereas the Big Ten gets a lot of midwest kids, and loses a lot of kids to school out on the East coast, a few Chicago kids come to mind...Jon Scheyer, Bobby Frasor, Corey Magette, etc.

5. But what I think is so good about the Big ten is this: the top 1 or 2, occasionally 3 Big Ten teams, play the kind of basketball that wins games during the NCAA tourney. Unselfish, look for good shots, play D for 40 minutes and out work other teams. Its partly a result of good coaching i.e. Izzo, Bo Ryan, Bruce Weber (had to throw him in there) and the fact they are used to playing this style throughout the year and are more prepared to really grind a game out.

That all being said I didnt think MSU would make it past the Sweet 16.

Regardless, Im pulling for them the rest of the way.

And one more thing, will you ladies stop being so damn catty. geez! makes me wanna :puke:

Comment

MSU did NOT get lucky in the tournament, they earned everything they got with heart and outworking their opponents. They also had a hell of a hard road to where they are. Beating USC, Kansas (defending champs), and Louisville (overall #1 and the best team from the best conference).

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
            Buddy, I am not getting involved in a name slinging thing on the internet, I am way above that...I personally thought besides Michigan State, the Big 10 wasn't that good, and there is no way you are going to convince me otherwise.....I said Michigan State got lucky against USC, but I was very impressed with how they dismantled Louisville, hence why I bet Michigan State....Siena still lost though didn't they? They had great guard play and thats a key to beating Louisville, hence why MSU beat them...The Purdue-Washington game, Washington had about 4 and 1's taken away in that game, and the refs were very one sided, but none theless it was a good win for Purude, and they should be tough next year...FSU beat UNC w/o Lawson, and UNC is not UNC when Lawson is not on the court.....How many tourney games has Clemson won??? yep, 0! I had Michigan in my brackets and at +170 on the ML in Vegas, but do I think that is a good win, no not at all....Clemson started off 16-0 beating cupcakes, and then they beat a couple over-rated ACC teams at home and thats the bottom line, look at their resume they really arent good....I am not dogging MSU by any stretch because they are a very good team, but did they get fortunate in this tournament? yes they did, but they showed great resiliency, and are a good team and have just as good of a shot as anyone.....but as a whole do I think the Big 10 was strong this year?? NO I dont...I think Michigan State is a very good team, Purdue is a good team, and the rest of the conference is mediocore.....

so buddy, I am not trying to insult anyone, so keep your insults to yourself or if you have the need to try and bury people, go to another forum, because I have been posting here forever and at the old site and thats just not the way it seems like everyone is here, and while I have differing opinions, what the hell are you accomplishing calling me a tool over the internet.... but I am saying the Big 10 shouldn't be banging their chests because they got one team in the Final 4, Michigan State fans should be banging their chests, because they are the class of the conference and they deservingly earned their way to the Final 4....BTW I also couldn't have thought MSU was that bad if I bet them the last 2 games, and one of them being against a Big East school....so have a good day, I am going to enjoy watching my favorite college basketball team continue their Final 4 run!

Comment

Penn State......:thumbs: ...knocked out the big east power Notre Dame.

Yeah, um, talk to the hand big10 haters........big10 is where it's at......

by farrrrrr, the best hoops conference in the country (not even close) and they will take home an NIT and NCAA title this year.......
              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post

Yeah, um, talk to the hand big10 haters........big10 is where it's at......

by farrrrrr, the best hoops conference in the country (not even close) and they will take home an NIT and NCAA title this year.......
                Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrr rrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post

I credit the Joepa factor for the win......he is the third person in the holy trinity after all and had those ND players vexed from the start! :thumbs: :laughing:
                  Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

PSU (19-8) 17 21 38
                    #16 ILL (21-6) 15 18 33

best basketball game ever Big ten Rocks:beerbang:
                    NCAAF YTD
                    Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

PSU your 2009 NIT champions.......:thumbs:....pretty good field this year too....probably should have been in the tournament ahead of some of these other conference scrubs like WVU or Maryland......

OSU your 2008 NIT champions.....

OSU in the NC game in 2007.....MSU will have a great chance of getting there this year....OSU in B2B NC games in football....ILL in a NC game in hoops....list is pretty much endless

seems like you can't watch a championship game in something without seeing a big10 team......:beerbang: ...hockey, football, basketball whatever.....

Comment

Way to dominate the NIT, awesome job! :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                          Way to dominate the NIT, awesome job! :thumbs:
                          :beerbang: :beerbang:

Comment

lol i knew flyers would be the first one in here making sure we knew psu won.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                              lol i knew flyers would be the first one in here making sure we knew psu won.
                              :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Comment

Hey FF, whatever happened to the baseball league. I haven't seen anything in my email.
                                If you forgot and are already filled no worries.

How about them Lions!
                                :beerbang:
                                ...toke on...

Comment

Working...
                                X