• Show
Clear All

• On The January 2010 NCAAW Hardwood

Kansas -12 -120

South Carolina +10.5 -120

Tennessee -15.5 -120

========

Season:

05-02-00 71% +300 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)
    Last edited by EveryGamblersDream; 01-03-2010, 12:54 PM.

01/03/09 Recap:

01-02-00 33% -140 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)

Sorry about the results today. I was off with the Kansas game & lost a tough one with South Carolina who was on & around the point spread all day. Tennessee was pretty easy even when they were down early. Honestly that game was over before it started.

Still up for the year & will be peaking big time around March Madness as I have year after year here.

============

Season:

06-04-00 60% +160 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)

Breakdown:

Dec: 05-02-00 71% +300

Jan: 01-02-00 33% -140

Comment

Notre Dame -12.5 -120

Marshall +12.5 -120

Comment

01/04 Recap:

0-2-0 0% -240 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)

I apologize for the results, I was off with how I thought the games would play out. I was a bit concerned about Marshall being blown out as if they do against ECU, it is usually at ECU. However I am pretty sure they will easily cover or win outright in the rematch.

Purdue played above their heads against Notre Dame yesterday. ND was sluggish & could never really get over the spread for a cover. If they played again today, I'd take them again though as they cover in that spot at minimum 7 out of 10 times.

============

Season:

06-06-00 50% -80 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)

Breakdown:

Jan: 01-04-00 20% -380

Comment

Pittsburgh +15 -120

Depaul -10 -120

Comment

01/05 Recap:

01-01-00 50% -20 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)

Easy wire to wire cover with Pittsburgh who should have won outright. Depaul could not get rid of the pesky Cardinals who were quite impressive in defeat.

It is frustrating having such few games to wager on as easy money is there to be made if books would stop cherry picking 2-3 games on a 30+ game schedule. Anyhow.....

===========

Season:

07-07-00 50% -100 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)

Breakdown:

Jan: 02-05-00 20% -400

Comment

South Carolina +26.5 -120

Inflated line due to the Lady Vols smacking the Top 20 ranked Sooners by 21 on national TV 4 days ago. However that was to be expected considering how thin the Sooners were going into that game.

This is tremendous value imho in a game that should be a 20 point win at most (most likely lower though). Good thing we can count on is that Coach Staley's Gamecocks are scrappy & won't mail it in even if they get down big as they showed against fellow SEC power LSU a few days ago.

----

Purdue +9 -120

Honestly I can make a fair case based on how these teams have played lately that Purdue should be favored. I have not updated my power ratings the last few days but I am sure if I did, Purdue would be laying points here or be a 2-3 point dog at most.

The Badgers have struggled in their last 2 games since their signature win on Dec 28th against #16th ranked Michigan State. They have struggled not only with scoring (51.5 PPG) the last 4 games, but with FT shooting as well (55.6%).

I would not lay points much less almost double digits with a team struggling to score from the field as well as the charity stripe. Doing so is a recipe for disaster. Lets not also forget that Purdue historically has dominated this series including winning the last 13.

If the Boilermakers play half as good as they did against Notre Dame which at first glance seemed over their head (I re-watched the game though & looked up some more recent efforts) & they seem to be hitting a good stride.

The only thing in the Badgers favor on paper now is their home court success but that is a mirage imho. They have played 2 good teams at home & are 1-1. I am not going gaga for wins over UW-Oshkosh, Robert Morris, SIU Edwardsville, etc....

Purdue should be able to win this one outright by 7-12 points.

Comment

01/07/10 Recap:

01-01-00 50% -20 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)

Easy wire to wire cover with the Lady Gamecocks who were never in danger of not covering. The highest it got was really late in the game when the lead went to 21 (first time over 20 points for the entire game). The line was severely inflated but I won't complain about clueless linemakers.

The Purdue game was frustrating as I know I had the right side. They were nip & tuck the entire game. Then the last 2-3 minutes, I saw some ridiculous foul calls including one which fouled out the Lady Boilermakers leading scorer for the season. The problem was, she was at least 3 feet away from the damn play! A complete ******* hose job. I try not to get frustrated but even I lose it from time to time.

Sorry for the lackluster January, believe me I am beyond pissed. I am a perfectionist so I am hardest on myself.

===========

Season:

08-08-00 50% -120 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)

Breakdown:

Jan: 03-06-00 33% -420

Comment

UTEP -7.5 -120

------

Saturday:

Ohio State -4 -120

North Carolina +26 -120

Comment

01/08/10 Recap:

01-00-00 100% +100 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)

===========

Season:

09-08-00 53% -20 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)

Breakdown:

Jan: 04-06-00 40% -320

Comment

Kansas State +10 -120

Central Michigan +14 -120

Colorado -2 -120

Oregon -6 -120

Alabama Birmingham +1 -120

Texas A&M -1 -120

Comment

01/09 Recap:

05-02-01 71% +260 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)

I know the Texas A&M-Texas game is not technically over but trust me it was over before it started. I got hosed on Michigan State missing an uncontested layup with 1 second left & they win by 3.

CMU missed some easy chippy buckets late & ended up pushing. The only game I was off on was North Carolina who dogged it up pretty badly today.

Hopefully this is the start of a nice run into conference play.

===========

Season:

14-10-01 58% +240 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)

Breakdown:

Jan: 09-08-01 53% -60

Comment

Penn State -5.5 -120

Rutgers -2 -120

Florida State +1 -120

Rice +17.5 -120

Temple +11.5 -120

Auburn +21 -120

Minnesota +2.5 -120

Marshall -11 -120

Florida +15.5 -120

Comment

01/10 Recap:

05-04-00 56% +20 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)

A ho-hum day where I made an okay profit as the balance looks good but I wonder what could have been. Rice, & Temple are two teams that frustrated me with their give away of covers late.

Florida State played a bad game but kudos to the Hurricanes who stepped up with a huge conference & quality win that can help come tournament selection time. Auburn was never in doubt in a game they won outright.

A big trick with LSU is to remember they are more defense oriented. They will cover against severely inferior teams most times with big spreads. However if you start seeing big #'s against capable foes, you will get great value as I have preached this for years. Regardless of what sport you bet, I always say to try your best & avoid asking teams who don't score much to cover huge #'s.

The Golden Gophers gave away a huge conference game today on the road where wins are hard to come by as it is. They should have won outright but I will take the cover.

Three days in a row in profit, I hope to continue it into the new week.

===========

Season:

19-14-01 58% +240 (Based on to win $100 per play for record purposes only)

Breakdown:

Jan: 14-12-01 54% -40

Comment

Morgan State +6 -120

Clemson +19 -120

Maryland +9 -120

Comment

Working...
                              X