Saturday Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    honestly.....am i really thrilled about backing michigan tomorrow..no......are they more than capable of winning this game and do they need it far more than wisky...yes which is what will put me on them most likely....
    amen :toast: dayton is a pretty similar play

Comment

For me I am starting my card with this list today

Dayton - Nigel helped convince me. They have a few losses but the losses are better than most teams have, must win and bitter rival. If this isn't one of their 3-4 best games of the year against a team that has a relatively comfortable tourney spot they will probably be worth fading the rest of the season.

Michigan - After playing them and having them take a dump vs NU last week I thought they were terrible how they laid down for a 15-2 run. But after looking at it more closely they have played all right at home and if they can bother the Wisconsin shooters I think they also have a nice chance at victory. Wisconsin also in a nice let down spot.

Illinois - No Kailin Lucas = Less consistency on offense. MSU struggles for stretches on offense with him and without him they could have some real problems. Especially against an amped up Illini team in front of their biggest crowd of the season.

NM - Rested team with revenge in a place where they have a ridiculous ATS record the last few years. SDST also hasn't been lights out on the road.

UNLV - I like the spot for them and they play much better at home. Plus BYU is due to drop another one.

Next tier
      Duke/BC Under - Both teams play better D in this scenario (home/road). I also suspect Duke may come out a little slow after their travel and not really knocking down their shots.

Providence - A team that is starting to play better and really hung with Syracuse for a half last week. Have been much stronger at home (like most) and marquette has been playing fairly decent ball for a nice stretch. It seems as if they are due to throw a clunker in there and where better than @ Providence.

Both the Florida and arkansas games became no plays for me with the line movement against what I expected. I like how Arkansas is playing but that drop of a point so fast concerns me enough to find better games.

Other games that interest me a little
      Memphis - Suprised that they were favored by this much, although the travel may be an issue for Gonzaga after a late one Thursday. I just haven't been very impressed by Memphis of late but maybe they step it up in this spot with a chance to improve their at-large chances.

UCLA - Considering their defensive ability against a Cal team that is talented but has no heart.
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Guessed right on the spread of my 2 plays, really like the Lobos -7 today.
        NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
        O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
        Teasers:
        Rothstein's leans:
        Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
        NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
        O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
        Rothstein's "leans":
        Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

Originally posted by Franchise View Post
          For me I am starting my card with this list today

Dayton - Nigel helped convince me. They have a few losses but the losses are better than most teams have, must win and bitter rival. If this isn't one of their 3-4 best games of the year against a team that has a relatively comfortable tourney spot they will probably be worth fading the rest of the season.

:laughing: This has to be first....a Xavier fanatic convincing a Flyer fanatic to bet on the Flyers at home. Never thought I'd see the day.

GL!! Hope you win em all but one.
          "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

:thx:
            MLB
            May
            Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
            Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
            Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
            Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
            Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
            Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Nice advice there Nigel. In CUSA action I like SMU tcover pretty easily over Tulane. Thought on Gonzaga +5 at Memphis. I know Memphis is a tough place to play and the cross-country trip for the Zags but it seems like the spread should be 2 or 3 and not 5. Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
              X