I almost Guarentee a...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch

20 units - ouch. Sorry about that loss. I'm a Duke fan, but man, that was brutal.
    If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
    What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

This has nothing to do with this game, potential infraction, or whatever....because I didn't even see it....but I have said for years that it is completely idiotic, unnecessary, and downright stupid for a team to keep intentionally fouling when the game is clearly over. Nothing good can come out of it. There is no way to make up a 12 point defecit in 14 seconds. If you trail by double digits with under like 20 seconds to go, you lost. Let the opponent run the clock out, get over it, and come to play in your next game.

I have always thought that the NCAA should actually enforce some kind of penalty on teams for intentionally fouling and fouling when it's clear they cannot win, even though I do realize that such a thing is not possible or ever going to happen.

Comment

I hate Carolina.. bunch of elitest who graduate and end up working as waiters, but as students they sure do talk the talk when they are there like they are all lined up to be the next Bill Gates..

NCSU engineering!!!!

I hate both schools, but I especially hate UNC with their ****ty attitudes .. hope they go one and done in the big one.
        2009 NCAA Football
        Record: 41-38-1
        +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
        Record: 11-14-0
        +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
        Record: 15-15-2
        +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

I am a 1980 graduate of UNC, my father is a 1952 graduate of UNC and my grandfather was a 1925 graduate of UNC. I am a lawyer, my father was a salesman and my grandfather was a salesman. None of us are elitists. So, my redneck friend, you can take your ****ty attitude and stick it. It's true what they say, the difference between culture and agriculture is 35 miles on I-85!
          Last edited by sld007; 03-04-2007, 10:31 PM.
          "I've stayed friends with most directors I've worked with, and I never have a problem with any other actors, unless they're *******s." -- Sean Connery

Comment

Originally posted by ncsucharlie View Post
            I hate Carolina.. bunch of elitest who graduate and end up working as waiters, but as students they sure do talk the talk when they are there like they are all lined up to be the next Bill Gates..

NCSU engineering!!!!

I hate both schools, but I especially hate UNC with their ****ty attitudes .. hope they go one and done in the big one.
            What an ignorant statement....wow I can't believe I'm reading this, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerBacker View Post
              A foul like that down 12 with 15 seconds left was unnecessary. He deserves what he is going to get.
              Amen brother!
              White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Comment

Originally posted by sld007 View Post
                I am a 1980 graduate of UNC, my father is a 1952 graduate of UNC and my grandfather was a 1925 graduate of UNC. I am a lawyer, my father was a salesman and my grandfather was a salesman. None of us are elitists. So, my redneck friend, you can take your ****ty attitude and stick it. It's true what they say, the difference between culture and agriculture is 35 miles on I-85!
                I thought you were an alcoholic...womanizing...degenerate gambler...hold'em player!? LOL!
                White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Comment

Your fearless leader said he may suspend him more. Look for Duke fans to change gears and agree it was stupid since Coach K is now saying it was wrong. Stay tuned for backpedaling and changing sides.

Comment

Rothko---I am all of those and more, just not very good at it; therefore, not an "elitist":wnk:

budfoxx---sorry to clog your thread with this drivel, but it chaps my ass when morons from "State" dis my alma mater. Why it reminds me of the seventies when we used to yell at football games "Bo Rein can blow mine"!:beerbang:
                    "I've stayed friends with most directors I've worked with, and I never have a problem with any other actors, unless they're *******s." -- Sean Connery

Comment

The ol lady and I when first seen the replay, jumped out of our seat in disgust. We calmed down after the second replay and on the third one, you can see the ball was knocked away well before he tried to get to it. This is just my opinion. I feel he did it intentionaly and was the ploy of a sore loser. That ball was knocked away and he seized the moment to take out his frustrations of being beat.
                      If its fun, do it

Comment

It looked bad to me

When a dude comes up all bloody like that and you can clearly see Henderson flying through the lane and hitting Hansborough in the face with fist,forearm WHATEVER . It looked intentional to me.

The thing that really irritated me was "Coach K saying the walkons should of been in the game" maybe for his team , but who is he to make a comment like that. Roy Williams can leave his players in for as long as he wants .. It's his team .. If Coach K wanted to put his walkons in "go right ahead"
                        Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                          I have always thought that the NCAA should actually enforce some kind of penalty on teams for intentionally fouling and fouling when it's clear they cannot win, even though I do realize that such a thing is not possible or ever going to happen.
                          I agree somewhat, but it almost happened in the Pitt/Marquette game Saturday night. Duke was definitely at the point where they needed to give up, but it's possible to come back with how bad teams shoot foul shots.

I think it's easy to solve the problem by calling every foul that OBVIOUSLY intentional as an INTENTIONAL FOUL. It will never happen because you can't tell a team to stop trying to win the game but sometimes you wish coaches would use better discretion and just let it go and move on to the next game. Duke was WELL past that point...

And I absolutely despise Duke as much as the next guy, but I don't see how anyone could watch those replays and think he did that on purpose? He jumped up to swat the **** out of Hansbrough's attempted put-back (which he would have since Hansbrough had no clue he was there), and when the ball came loose as Tyler went up, he seemed to react and caught Tyler in the nose with his elbow. He wasn't even looking when his elbow hit Hansbrough's nose cause he was reacting to the ball and his attempted swat. If he would have clubbed him in the nose with his hands/fist than I would have said different, but I didn't see it at all as malicious (especially when the kid best friggin' friend, Wayne Ellington, is a Tar Heel). I saw it as unfortuante and highly unnecessary.

Come on.... He got the flagrant, and deserved it for stupidity reasons, and now it's over.
                          Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-05-2007, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
                            When a dude comes up all bloody like that and you can clearly see Henderson flying through the lane and hitting Hansborough in the face with fist,forearm WHATEVER . It looked intentional to me.

The thing that really irritated me was "Coach K saying the walkons should of been in the game" maybe for his team , but who is he to make a comment like that. Roy Williams can leave his players in for as long as he wants .. It's his team .. If Coach K wanted to put his walkons in "go right ahead"
                            If Coach K said that he is a hypocritical piece of ****. He and his "Dukies" are WELL KNOWN for running up the score on lesser opposition, especially in the first round of the big dance. I remember one year, just a few years back actually, when Duke was pasting the hell out of some 16 seed and he left his starters in almost the whole game. When he asked why, he said that he felt that his boys needed the work.

I'm sorry Coach, but if they're not ready, in shape, and fully aware of the offensive/defensive scheme by the tourney, they're not going to be ready by "getting in work" against South Idaho St or whatever unfortunate team they were playing.

Comment

I missed all the action of the Duke/UNC game lastnight because I was in Kent for the Akron game. But after hearing about it on ESPN this morning I went home at lunchtime to watch Sportscenter and saw it.....

I don't think Coach K would tell or teach anyone to do that....I have made an intentional foul before and you just don't wrecklessly take a whack at somebody. You might grab them and hang on to them,, swipe at the ball, and when you do it your intent is not to harm or be flagrant. You are sort of in control of your intent and your body. When somebody is so flagrant and they foul harder than they need to they should be tossed, because when they do so they do with wreckless abandon for the safety of others involved.
                              I don't believe Henderson is a thug or anything, he played most of the game so it's hard to say what possessed him in those last 14 seconds when he had already played through more than 39 minutes and 46 seconds of the game. Maybe is was his total disdain for UNC but who cares that is not the issue!
                              There was lots of frustration involved in that foul but IMO Henderson was wreckless in his actions whether intentional or not....and he'll pay a small penalty. He was playing hard even though his team had no shot to win and it happened like it or not!

LOCK IT UP....this thread that is!
                              Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Who cares, this **** is gona be on pti/ath and sportscenter for the next 3 damn weeks....the media and everyone else needs to get over it. God, so a little blood was shed, so what, this is competitive sports, hansbrough shouldn't have even been in the game with 17 seconds left. I definately overstimated the ability of the Duke girls team, they are really pathetic and definately don't deserve to be within the top 20.

Comment

Working...
                                X