• Show
Clear All

• Lol @ Big 12

Soft conference

Worst out of the BCS conferences?

Thoughts?

No, the ACC is still not as good as the Big 12:blackeye:

Comment

Big Ten is down this year. at least from the teams you'd expect to be playing well, but yeah I agree. A&M is ehhhhh okay, Texas has struggled in every game, Oklahoma lost to Colorado, but Kansas State looks good. (I'm definitely not a big 12 expert)
      Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

LOL. I agree that the Big 12 is soft.

Horrible spot for the Sooners today though, playing a "bad" Colorado team on the road with a major rivalry on deck with Texas.....which was the sole reason I took the +24.5 points with Colorado. I never expected an outright win on that one, LOL

Same with my reasoning for taking Tulane early today. LSU with Florida on deck, on the road, against ****ty Tulane....giving 41 points in a game they could (and did) win with their eyes closed??

In any case, yes, the Big 12 is second weakest of the BCS conferences IMO, right behind the ACC, which has to be the weakest until proven otherwise. Next would be the Big 10 IMO....just a tad better than the Big 12, and only because I think Ohio St and Wisconsin are better than anything the Big 12 has to offer.

Comment

How about the Big East, they really look impressive too! :beer2:

Comment

The Big 10 may only have 1 legitimate team. Wisconsin has been exposed over the last 2 weeks at home against Iowa and although they are beating MSU, MSU has moved the ball at will against that D. This thing is Ohio State's to lose......again.

Comment

Lets just say the 1A-sec 1-B Pac-10, everyone else is a step below. In my opinion there is not another conference after these 2 that have any argument. I think this is the yr when the BCS gets slapped in the face, mark it down, no one will be undefeated this year.:nuts:

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                The Big 10 may only have 1 legitimate team. Wisconsin has been exposed over the last 2 weeks at home against Iowa and although they are beating MSU, MSU has moved the ball at will against that D. This thing is Ohio State's to lose......again.
                Incredible the impact a coach can have on a team. Tressel just keeps coming back again and again. Even with a recruiting class that was ranked what? Maybe #15 to Notre Dame's #2? After losing 6 players to the NFL (including 2 first rounders). Incredible! And was watching him talk about the Minn program and coach. Only words of praise, no strutting, no attitude. Total class act.

JC
                Last edited by JayCol; 09-30-2007, 10:20 PM.
                Go Bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by JayCol View Post
                  Incredible the impact a coach can have on a team. Tressel just keeps coming back again and again. Even with a recruiting class that was ranked what? Maybe #15 to Notre Dame's #2? After losing 6 players to the NFL (including 2 first rounders). Incredible! And was watching him talk about the Minn program and coach. Only words of praise, no strutting, no attitude. Total class act.

JC
                  couldn't have said it better....that deserves a hearty....

O-H
                  I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                    couldn't have said it better....that deserves a hearty....

O-H
                    N-O

Comment

JC
                      Ohio State would be 7-4 if they were in the SEC... sorry, they just don't have great talent. They have more talent and better coaching than anyone else in the big10, for sure.... but nationally they just don't compare, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                        N-O

LMAO!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                          Ohio State would be 7-4 if they were in the SEC... sorry, they just don't have great talent. They have more talent and better coaching than anyone else in the big10, for sure.... but nationally they just don't compare, imo.
                          that is really a dumb anology, though skins putting them in the SEC. how can you compare a team from ohio vs. a team from the south? you would have a completely different recruiting pool. lets drop LSU square in the middle of Michigan and see if they get all the players from the south that they do. OSU, and other schools do a good job of plucking as many kids from the south as they can. but lets face it, if a kid grows up in Alabama, chances are his first choice wasn't ohio state growing up. South has a lot more speed as far as talent goes than places like western PA, Ohio etc.....different recruiting pool you are pulling from. it is comparing apples and oranges........
                          Last edited by FlyersFan; 10-01-2007, 06:47 PM.
                          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                            Ohio State would be 7-4 if they were in the SEC... .
                            Given that Ohio State is the best in the Big 10, I suppose you think there are 4 SEC teams better than every Big 10 team.

Here are some facts:

Big 10 2-1 record against SEC teams in bowl games last season.

Big 10 8-6 record against SEC teams in bowl games the last five years.

Big 10 15 BCS berths to the SEC's 13.

Big Ten teams have produced five Heisman Trophy winners in the past 15 years, compared to the SEC's one.

JC
                            Go Bucks!

Comment

Given that Ohio State is the best in the Big 10, I suppose you think there are 4 SEC teams better than every Big 10 team.

Here are some facts:

Big 10 2-1 record against SEC teams in bowl games last season.

Big 10 8-6 record against SEC teams in bowl games the last five years.

Big 10 15 BCS berths to the SEC's 13.

Big Ten teams have produced five Heisman Trophy winners in the past 15 years, compared to the SEC's one.

JC
                              Ownership has been established. Skinsfan will now hand over his name and password to JayCol.

Comment

Working...
                              X