Week 7 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
    IMO the Illini cash boat has sailed.... you just know the whole world will be on them as road faves this week. Not me, I'm strongly leaning Iowa. Of course Illinois looks good, they are coming off 2 big wins at home, & Iowa has lost 4 straight including a terrible performance @ PSU. Well, 3 of those losses were on the road, with the 1 home loss to Indiana (who has their number). I just don't see Iowa coming back home & allowing Illinois to run all over them. I think instead you'll see a defense focused on stopping the run & a Big 10 home win for Iowa...

This is one of those games for the 3rd straight week for the Illini where the line looks off by at least a FG. Yup, one of those "that line looks too good to be true and probably is" games. If I were a "public" bettor on either coast who hadn't seen these teams play, I would have been all over PSU and Wisky. This week, I would be all over Iowa. And this is exactly what scares me. I know the public is gonna be all over my Illini as the line has already rose a point. However, the lines the last 2 games, the public was all over PSU and Wisky at over 80% both times and only the Wisky game saw a half point drop, whereas this week's line has already moved up a point. I am hoping this week is one of those cases where the public pounces on a line and it actually works out for them.
    In terms of the game (granted, I may be slightly biased), but I don't see much of a way Iowa can win. The IL players I know and have talked to the last few days, I can't notice a different attitude in them than at a different point in the season. They seem very grounded and aren't acting real cocky like they are finally the ****. I do slightly worry about a sandwich game coming off the biggest win in recent memory and the game that was sold out before the season started and the only one people were really talking about (since they can bust out their "Muck Fichigan/Ann Arbor is a whore" shirts). However, if you look at Iowa, they are just not very good. Brodell and Moeaki are both out, leaving them w/a very inexperienced WR corps - not good for an OL that is equally inexperienced while ranking 118/119 in sacks allowed, esp. since IL is finally getting a pass rush this season. Their run game has bogged down the last few weeks. Christensen's #s look good but his completion % is just lower than Juice's, which is pretty bad.
    On the other side of the ball, Iowa's defense is solid but I don't think that will be enough. IL has the 5th ranked ground game in the nation that will put their D to the test, a D that got shredded by PSU last week. Even if our run game suffers slightly, Zook is not afraid to put McGee in there to get the passing game going, as he managed to put up some solid #s in his only extended action against Mizzou.
    I can't predict a score for this game but I just can't see reasons why IL should lose this game. We also haven't beat Iowa since '99 so we are due - why not this year? Anyways, just my two cents.

Moose
    Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

" I think Navy grinds them out on the ground as usual and Pitt makes more costly mistakes and bad coaching decisions." Myself Earlier**

Wannstedt is running that program into the ground. Sad to see, their Qb had a great game.:flush:

In response to me saying Navy could stop the run - I was simply saying the run D was better than the Pass D as the rankings show..
      :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by morty48 View Post

Wannstedt is running that program into the ground. Sad to see, their Qb had a great game.:flush:

:thumbs:

That kid has a wet noodle for an arm. He makes Matt Leinart look like he has a HOSE :puke:

Comment

And one thing about this Illinois game, this is a revenge game for them so they will not be looking ahead to next week. :thumbs:

Comment

nittany you weren't kidding when you said the kid bostick makes bledsoe look like vick. He is slower than most grandmothers and his wind up/release is brutal. He has major mechanical issues. GL with that wannestache

Comment

Working...
            X