Is oklahoma the play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
    Not true.... How can you say that TECHNICALLY Georgia is better than Tennessee when Tennessee beat Georgia 35-14?
    I never thought you would be a closet TN fan too... LOL!
    White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Comment

• Originally posted by Rothko View Post
      I never thought you would be a closet TN fan too... LOL!
      not true i am just copy/pasting the results from CBSSports website

dont shoot the messenger, ****! :beerbang:

Comment

• I still see it as a situation where a team like the Toronto Blue Jays could come in 3rd in the AL East, but cry that they play NYY and BOS 60 times, so their schedule is tough, and they should get in the WS ahead of whoever goes from say the AL West.

I know it's not exactly the same situation, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

SOS is a joke in the first place. It defeats the basic principle no no in sports handicapping, by saying you can actually determine who is the better team between 2 (or more) teams, even though they haven't played each other.

It all sounds alot like Quick Nick's handicapping style to me :laughing:

Comment

• Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
          Actually no, every sport has a playoff.

Georgia lost to S.Carolina which lost to, shocker, Tennessee and also lost to, shocker, LSU.

Lets forget Tenn.... lets compare LSU to Georgia

Georgia lost to S.Carolina.... LSU beat them fairly convincingly

Georgia lost to Tennesse.... LSU beat them... not convincingly, but still a Win

now...

LSU lost to Kentucky... georgia beat Kentucky... score one for Georgia

LSU lost to Arkansas..... Georgia did not play Arkansas... so hard to say

now lets compare the O.O.C games

Georgia played no one exceptionally noteworthy..... LSU beat Vatech, another team in contention for inclusion in the National Championship, by 41 points....

I think this case is closed.
          lol, you're funny. You're doing A beat B, B beat C, so A must be better than C. ERRRRRR no sorry. That kind of math doesn't work in any sport. IF Georgia played no one exceptionally noteworthy, how in THE HELL are they ranked higher than LSU in a system based upon numbers and formulas.

Look at the NFL. A team can lose to another team in the regular season, yet never play them in the playoffs and advance to the super bowl. Thats what I was talking about.

Comment

• By the way, Georgia lost to tennessee and sinc ethen has gone 6-0 and not against cupcakes.. beating Florida, Auburn, Kentucky, all of which are tough. NOT TO MENTION, they beat those 3 teams much more definitely than LSU (the escape artist team). THey're also undefeated against ranked teams. LSU can't make that claim.

Comment

• Why not Oklahoma then? They beat the supposed #1 team in the country (until tonight) twice. And pounded the **** out of em at that.

Yes, I realize Oklahoma is not going to the championship game, but there's nothing they can do about it, except go undefeated, which no one did this year.

Too bad they didn't get a chance to whip Kansas' ass too. Then maybe their SOS would be higher, lol

Comment

• My whole argument was that Georgia not deserving it compared to LSU (particularly cause of the sec title) is a bunch of bull****.

On another note, I'd almost like it to be LSU becuase I'd like nothing more than for the big ten (led by ohio state) to fu*king crush the sec's representative in that of LSU. I hate lsu's hype, and I hate their overhyped defense which hasn't really shown up recently.

yukon = big ten nuthugger :)
                Last edited by yukoncornelius; 12-02-2007, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• I would not, or could not, make the argument that LSU is a better team that UGA. In all honesty, i don't believe they are.

But with that being said, they did manage to win their conference, and in my personal opinion, I don't believe a team who wasn't their conference champion could possibly be considered the national champion....unless there was a playoff system like in say the NFL.

If the NFL didn't have playoffs, you certainly couldn't get in the super bowl if you didn't even win your division.

I don't really know who is #1 or #2 best teams in the country....and that's the problem....but I can pretty much assure you that however it works out, it's not going to be the 2 best teams in the country that play for the BCS championship.

Honestly, no one is deserving this year of being #1 over any other team in say the top 8, at least. No team has stood out for the whole season as the best team, let alone second best.

It's all media hype and a bunch of know nothings voting in the human polls....and that, from what I understand, is a bigger influence on the BCS rating than anything....and that's alot of the problem. Games are not settled on the field, but in the minds of whoever these media fools are that vote in the polls.
                  Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 12-02-2007, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• the main problem is that people don't think when they vote....if they didn't think LSU was worse than UGA, then they shouldn't have dropped them. these clowns spend about 30 seconds on their ballots and turn them in. i mean you would have to laugh if last week they thought LSU was 3 spots worse than UGA and not as good a team, and now after an less than impressive win over TENN....LSU suddenly jumps UGA........:dunno:.....whole thing is just stupid and whack.....

i don't really care in all honesty. i enjoy going to the games each year more than anything and that's really what CFB USED to be about at least, and that's what it's still about to me....nothing beats gameday Saturday at a big game....:thumbs:....i have come to give less and less of a **** about the NC game each passing year........
                    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

• another unbelievable Saturday.. This is insane.. So Illini should be in a BCS game now, correct? (I drank toooooooo much )

How did WV lose to Pitt? Insane.. and Wannstedt's mustache is uneven and annoying looking.
                      Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
                        another unbelievable Saturday.. This is insane.. So Illini should be in a BCS game now, correct? (I drank toooooooo much )

not necessarily.....and probably NO

USC, OSU, LSU, VTECH, ASU, OKLA, MIZZOU/KU, UGA, WVU.......that's 9 and there are only 10 and if HAW wins they are in.........so ILL is probably bye bye time and headed for the citrus bowl if HAW wins....because no way they get in with 3 losses ahead of any of those other 9 teams......

OSU vs. LSU -NCG
                        UGA vs. USC - Rose
                        VTECH vs. WVU - Orange (great matchup IMO from a historical standpoint)
                        HAW vs. MIZZOU/KU- Sugar
                        ASU vs. OKLA - Fiesta

that's my bet......ILL is not going to get in unless HAW loses.....
                        Last edited by FlyersFan; 12-02-2007, 02:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                          not necessarily.....and probably NO

USC, OSU, LSU, VTECH, ASU, OKLA, MIZZOU/KU, UGA, WVU.......that's 9 and there are only 10 and if HAW wins they are in.........so ILL is probably bye bye time and headed for the citrus bowl if HAW wins....because no way they get in with 3 losses ahead of any of those other 9 teams......

OSU vs. LSU -NCG
                          UGA vs. USC - Rose
                          VTECH vs. WVU - Orange (great matchup IMO from a historical standpoint)
                          HAW vs. MIZZOU/KU- Sugar
                          ASU vs. OKLA - Fiesta

that's my bet......ILL is not going to get in unless HAW loses.....
                          VTECH, WVU, OSU, USC, OKLA, LSU and UGA would all be automatically in (provided UGA stays in the top 4)......3 at large bids and it would be shocking to see ILL get in ahead of ASU or MIZZOU

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                            VTECH, WVU, OSU, USC, OKLA, LSU and UGA would all be automatically in (provided UGA stays in the top 4)......3 at large bids and it would be shocking to see ILL get in ahead of ASU or MIZZOU
                            Do you mean Capital One bowl or do you seriously think they'll go to the Citrus Bowl?

Of course I'm biased but I think they'll be in a BCS game after all that's happened. This year like a few pas years, has proved to me, at least, that there should be a playoff system.

But you think they are a shoe in if HI loses?
                            Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
                              Do you mean Capital One bowl or do you seriously think they'll go to the Citrus Bowl?

Of course I'm biased but I think they'll be in a BCS game after all that's happened. This year like a few pas years, has proved to me, at least, that there should be a playoff system.

But you think they are a shoe in if HI loses?
                              i thought the capital one bowl was the citrus bowl...lol...i get confused with the sponsor names......

if HAW loses then you can't have another SEC team or Big12 team or Pac10 team because they already have 2 teams in the mix. so that leaves a BCS team to come from the ACC, Big10 or BigLeast.....you can scratch the bigleast off the list......:puke: ...so you would have to find the last team from the big10 or ACC and there isn't an ACC team and i think ILL would get in ahead of BC.....but that's just my 2 cents....

but if HAW wins you are capital one bound.....no way IMO a 3 loss ILL team gets in ahead of 2 loss pac10 ASU or a 2nd Big12 team......especially with the pac10 pretty much considered the 2nd best conference and with a 1 loss KU team from the big12
                              Last edited by FlyersFan; 12-02-2007, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X