• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP's week one CFB

What up gents...back for another season! :beerbang:

Best of luck to everybody this year.

Start it off with:

Wake Forest -12 at Baylor (2 units) WIN

Wake returns nine starters on a defense that allowed 20 or less in half its games last season. Baylor apparently is doing some QB rotation thing...which always seems to backfire. Wake is ranked to start the year and they don't want to get off to a crappy start like last season. They come out firing and win it by 17-20.

Miami Ohio -3 vs. Vanderbilt (2 units; bought 0.5 pt) LOSS

Vandy is breaking in five new starters at OL and Miami returns a very experienced defense that has MAC Defensive POY Mullins and was the top unit in the MAC last season. Vandy won 24-13 last season, scoring two late TDs to win at home. The Redhawks will want to return the favor against an inexperienced team.

More to come...
    Last edited by MParris86; 08-29-2008, 07:03 AM.
    2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
    2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

GL MP :thumbs:

Comment

BOL to ya TightEnd.....I'll be in C-town this Saturday night for the Kent/BC game....You going? Buy ya beer or two or three......
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
        BOL to ya TightEnd.....I'll be in C-town this Saturday night for the Kent/BC game....You going? Buy ya beer or two or three......
        Love to have met ya...but I'm covering the Herbstreit Classic games at Fawcett Stadium ALL day on Saturday....Have fun watching those Golden Flashes!

Comment

Wyoming -11 vs. Ohio (3 units) LOSS
          Love the Pokes here at home. They hung on to beat OU on the road last year despite dominating the game from a yardage standpoint. Wyoming rushed for over 250 yards in the second half but 7 turnovers kept OU in the game. Wyoming returns both RBs from last season and the defense is almost entirely intact. As long as they can limit TOs, they should have no problem beating a young team travelling way out west to play in the high altitude. WYO by at least 2 scores.

Tulsa -13 at UAB (2 units) WIN

Tulsa the best offense in the country LY with over 540 ypg and return THREE 1,000 yard receivers and a 1,000 yard rusher from last season. The QB will be new, but it sure helps to have that type of supporting talent.

Regardless of who Tulsa plays, the opposing defense will have its hands full. In the case of UAB, it could be even tougher as they have an inexperienced D. This quote from HC Neil Callaway doesn't sound promising:

"Defensively, I'm still concerned about our front seven," said Callaway. "I do think we are better, but we have some issues we need to get ironed out."

That being said, I like Tulsa to put up 40+ here. The D will have to play fairly well but I'll take the experienced, explosive offense to do the job. I see a similar game as WF/Baylor with the Hurricane winning something like 41-21.
          Last edited by MParris86; 08-31-2008, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Add:

Tennessee -7.5 at UCLA (2 units) LOSS

Just not sold that UCLA is back to the point they can compete with the elite teams in the country, despite being at home. UCLA starting a new QB against one of the best secondaries in the country in the Vols spells trouble for me. Like the Vols to get their season off to a good start with a 13-17 point victory.
            Last edited by MParris86; 09-02-2008, 09:31 AM.

Comment

GL this year MP:beerbang:
              NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

GL MParris. Like Wyoming and Tenn also. :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks JPix, Nittany, JoePa, Birds....BOL to all you guys this weekend :thumbs:

Adding:

Boston College -10 vs. Kent State (1.5 units) WIN

Was going to stay away from this one, but one of my journalist buddies that is a beat-writer for KSU isn't optimistic and said the BC defense will be too strong. He said lay the points, so I'll put a few bucks down on the Eagles.
                  Last edited by MParris86; 08-31-2008, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Going to add:

Fresno State +140 (2 units) WIN

Like the veteran group here and think its a good value. Should be a good game all around, but I think Fresno will be the new Cinderella this year like Boise Rutgers and Hawaii of the past few seasons. Pat Hill has a hungry, experienced squad and this game could be a springboard to a terrific season. Read the article on them this week in USA Today and they aren't afraid of anyone.
                    Last edited by MParris86; 09-02-2008, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Good to See You MParris....BOL this Year..!!
                      Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

Comment

Thanks Thor....glad to be back! BOL to you.

Overall, a 4-3 ATS weekend and up about 0.1 unit. That Tennessee game really grinded my gears...the Vols dominated that game for 3 quarters except on the scoreboard. Once you let a team hang around, bad things happen. But how the hell can you force 4 1st half INTS and only go to the locker room with a 7pt lead? Crazy.

Oh well, onto week 2....

Comment

Working...
                        X