No announcement yet.

Early look at Week 2...thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been mulling over this OSU/OU game for a while...If the line starts shifting up and OU is getting 35.5 or better, I'm going to take the dog. I know OU is a superior program to YSU and will push back a bit. I think if they can get on the scoreboard ONCE, they will cover...I don't see OSU scoring more than 42 considering they are going to play things close to the vest with USC looming and probably aren't going to play their starters longer than they have to considering Tressel is hearing incessant questions on why he was playing Beanie in the 3rd quarter when the game was already in hand. Im sure he won't want to risk any more injuries with the Trojans on tap.

You have to think if OSU gets up 28-0 or so, they are going to call of the dogs and just get outta there with a sound win and begin USC week. If OU can score a late TD, I think they'll be in good shape to cover.

Plus, embarassing an inferior in-state program isn't Tressel's style. He isn't going to get any brownie points for beating OU by 50.
    2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
    2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

Comment

I'm ready for some MAC plays.....like OU against the Buckeyes with that big spread and the Bobcats new offense which is a spread offense, Akron will beat 'Cuse, UConn to beat Temple who couldn't must but 250 yards of offense and about 84 rushing vs. Army, BGSU to beat Minnesota by 10pts., and yes, THAT state up norf to put down a horrible offense and Miami, OH at the Big House!

Also liking ECU, Vandy and Tejas as well....but more than likely I will just start loading my card with MAC plays and one or two others.

:thumbs:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
        I'm ready for some MAC plays.....like OU against the Buckeyes with that big spread and the Bobcats new offense which is a spread offense, Akron will beat 'Cuse, UConn to beat Temple who couldn't must but 250 yards of offense and about 84 rushing vs. Army, BGSU to beat Minnesota by 10pts., and yes, THAT state up norf to put down a horrible offense and Miami, OH at the Big House!

Also liking ECU, Vandy and Tejas as well....but more than likely I will just start loading my card with MAC plays and one or two others.

Nobody walks into the Doyt and beats BG at night....that's a great play this week!
        27-17-1, +14*
        CFB (16-11-0)
        NFL (7-5-1)
        MLB (3-1)
        NHL (1-0)

Go Canes!
        Go Dolphins!
        Go Heat!
        Go Marlins!
        :beerbang:

Comment

well i seem to be a little on the other side of the spectrum, but if i can get FLA at -21 then I will probably move on it. Just b/c MIA has the athletes doesn't mean squat imo, because I don't think Shannon will get the same out of those athletes that Meyer will get out of his. A night game in the swamp, and of course MIA will come to play, but I'm sure FLA will be coming to play as well, having lost 6 in a row to MIA i believe. It is alot of points, but FLA sees a defense as good as MIA week in and week out in the SEC, and if FLA can hold MIA to 17, which shouldn't be impossible to do, I think they can hit that 38 number.

with regards to OSU, I think Ohio is the right play, all signs pointing toward OSU getting ready for next week imo. It sure wouldn't hurt, however, if Ohio could put up 14pts.

Iowa line is pretty high considering they suck. Actually they may be better than last year, and their in the midst of a QB battle which means both guys will be getting ample attempts to throw the ball. Iowa's score at the end of 3 against Maine was 25-3 before they dropped 3 fourth quarter TD's. If FIU can get to 10, it might be alot to ask for Iowa to get over 35, especially with Iowa State on deck and pretty much a must win for Ferentz. Another good stat, Iowa has not scored over 28 points in consecutive games since the 2005 season. That's a streak spanning 32 games.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
            .....there are rumblings that DE Maurice Evans, a corner(presumably AJ Wallace) and a DT(presumably Abe Koroma), could be suspended and/or booted from the team for a marijuana violation....And now I'm hearing only TE Andrew Quarless and AJ Wallace were listed in the warrant.
            Keep me posted Nittany....I heard rumor about this that it was going to be a bombshell.....stoopid, just plain stoopid!:bang:
            Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

I am a MAC fan, but I really think the conference is about as weak as it has been in years. I look for BG to let down and maybe lose to Minny this week. Minn lost at home to BG last yr in OT and you have to believe that is something they remember. Plus you have the let down factor with BG winning on the road last week vs. a top 20 Pitt team. I think 6 pts is too much as I look at it now. (I did play BG for 3* last week so I do respect them.)

I lean to Ohio and I like Akron too. I think the mighty Flashes are a decent play at +7 vs. a weak Iowa State team.
              Go Boilers!
              thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
              NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
              NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
              NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
              NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
              NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
              NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
              NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
              NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
              NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

Keep me posted Nittany....I heard rumor about this that it was going to be a bombshell.....stoopid, just plain stoopid!:bang:
                As of now the players were held out of practice yesterday and I believe they are going to be drug tested. Again, all of this information comes from sources that aren't officially media members, but people that usually are in the know.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                  here is an interesting trend:

SJSU games are 14-1 to the over last 15 september games

NEB games are 7-1 to the over last 8 September games

SJSU has 2 dyanmite receivers. NEB will probably hang 50 on SJSU and i can see this game in the 70's. Will be interesting to see what the total comes in it.

57 though I believe it opened at 59. Kyle Reed played the 2ndh well for sjst (14-18 132 yds & 2tds) & Nebraska gives up pts. SJST team o14.5 for me :thumbs:
                  Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

im really really close to playing DUKE on Saturday. The more i look at that win over JMU the more impressed i am. They returned 17 guys off a 1-AA team that lost to APPST in the playoffs last year. New coaching staff and DUKE returns 10 guys on a defense that pretty much shut down JMU last week. NWU was really unimpressive, IMO vs. a really really bad SYR team (how does robinson still have a job?...but that's foranother day). I think they can win this game SU and if i could grab 7 with DUKE i would feel pretty good.
                    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                      I think they can win this game SU and if i could grab 7 with DUKE i would feel pretty good.
                      Duke and ml on my radar too. +7/+235 @ betus right now! As you stated NW laying chalk on the road is a joke, IMO Duke is a better team than Cuse...

Anyone have thoughts on the TTech/Nevada game? leaning towards the dog & over 67

Comment

well I was all about Nevada until I read that entering the season they have no cornerbacks with any Division I experience whatsoever. I guess TT will get their points regardless however, and 10.5 is alot to hang on Nevada at home at night. I think the spread against Hawaii at home last year was around 3 or 4, and that game was tight for most of the way. It all depends on how I do during the day Saturday, but I'd lean to taking the points and taking the over

Comment

Originally posted by hodown View Post
                          well I was all about Nevada until I read that entering the season they have no cornerbacks with any Division I experience whatsoever. I guess TT will get their points regardless however, and 10.5 is alot to hang on Nevada at home at night. I think the spread against Hawaii at home last year was around 3 or 4, and that game was tight for most of the way. It all depends on how I do during the day Saturday, but I'd lean to taking the points and taking the over
                          That Nevada QB was pretty impressive last year as a Frosh, so I would expect him to only get better this year. Almost looked like a poor man's Vince Young from his days at Texas. I'd imagine that game will be a shootout in all likelihood.

Comment

Originally posted by hodown View Post
                            I think the spread against Hawaii at home last year was around 3 or 4, and that game was tight for most of the way.

Line was -9 in that game. I remember because I hit the 2ndh Nevada ml.

Comment

ok even at -9, I'm making the assumption that this TT team is somewhat comparable to last years Hawaii team, atleast in terms of style of play. Nevada preseason pick 3rd in the WAC this year, and TT didn't do anything last week to suggest their defense will be any different than it has in past years. Over has moved a few points up already

Comment

I know this is a game nobody probablypaid much attention to, but does anyone have an opinion on RICE +3 1/2....for some reason i think RICE is a live dog in this one. MEM didn't impress me at all last week and quite frankly stinks. Should be a close game and a FG+ seems like a nice value.

curious if anyone else has looked at this game
                                I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Working...
                                X