Thor's 2008 College Football Season:Week 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thor's 2008 College Football Season:Week 3

...YTD...21-22..Overall..(16-19 on Sides..5-3 on Totals)

Week 3: Time to Get away from this Good Followed by a Bad Week..:sm:

THURSDAY NITE FOOTBALL:

North Carolina (1-0) at Rutgers (0-1)
    Both Teams Took a Weekend Off after Playing During Labor Day Weekend...NC Beat McNeese St...35-27 and did not play very Good Ball Allowing Them 22 1st Downs to NC 13 and Almost 400 Total Yards of Offense and Now Face the Rutgers that Lost to Fresno St 24-7 in a Defensive 1st Half Battle with no Scoring but Chances were Missed...All Though Rutgers had the 1st Down Advantage 22-116 in 1st Downs...Fresno St Had the Total Yard Advantage of 422 Yards to Rutgers 369 Yards...Rutgers Allowed Fresno S RB R Mathews 26 Carries...163 Yards with 3 TD's...So Both Team are Giving up Yards to Teams that Should not be Going up and Down the Field so Easy...Some Trends..ABOUT NORTH CAROLIA: Their Last Thurs Nite Game was in 2006 at Virginia and Lost 23-0...they are 2-5 ATS vs Team with Losing Record...Last 7 Games after a su Win and Last 7 Games in Seotember (Usually Slow Starters)...This All point to Rutgers as the Pic...NORTH CAROLINA Last Road Games have went OVER 15-7-1..Also 5-2 Over vs the Best East and 4-1 in Games after a SU Win the Next Game has went OVER...About RUTGERS: are 8-3 ATS vs Team with Winning Record...they are 5-1 ATS Last 6 Games after Scoring less than 20 Points in Previous Game...10-2-1 ATS Last 13 Games vs Non Conf Teams...Rutgers is 5-0 Over in Last 5 Games After a Double Digit Loss at Home...9-1 last 10 Games after a Bye Week...Over is 5-1 in Last 6 Games Going Over...Both Teams Return Alot of Starters from Last Season But I Really Feel that Rutgers Misses Rice Running the Ball so Rutgers Key is WR Lovelace (82 Catches in 2007 and 380 Yards)..N Carolina Opened the 2006 Season with a game Vs Rutgers at Home as 4 Point Favorites but Lost 21-16...But the Final Score does Not Tell that N Car Had 2 Drives Deep into Rutgers end of the Field but Came up Empty...In that 2006 Season Opener N C had the 25-23 1st Lead and Total Yards Belonged to N Car 403 Yards to 362 Yards and even with RB Rice Rutgers Ave 5.2 Yards/Rush...N.Car ave 5.3 Yards/Rush...I Believe Scoring will Happen Tonite and another Close Game Maybe some more of that ..."OT"...Maybe or a FG Game..SO...

Pic: North Carolina +6

Pic: North Carolina/Rutgers....Over 47 1/2

Football Time..!!

Good Luck to Everyone..Hammer em..!!

**Note...Here are my Pics...I Wanted to Post then in Case I Can't Finish the Writeup...I'm at Work and Time is Getting Short..BOL to All Here at PredictEm and on the Net...Hammer em..!!
    Last edited by Thor24; 09-11-2008, 06:49 PM.
    Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

GL Thor.....

ON NC with ya.....:beerbang:
    Go Boilers!
    thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
    NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
    NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
    NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
    NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
    NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
    NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
    NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
    NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
    NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

Thanks...BoilerBacker...Congrats on the North Carolina and Good to See ya This Year Again....BOL to ya this Weekend and Season...:thumbs:

Better Start to Week 3...2-0...(YTD...23-22..Overall...17-19 on Sides..6-3 on Totals)

BOL to All Here on Friday and Those Also Looking in on the Net...Join Up and Help with your Thoughts About the Game...(Kansas at S. Florida) and (Washington St at Baylor)...:sm:

Football Time..!!

Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

Comment

Ain't no tack hammer the Heels were using last night.....Nice work Thor......Hammer the crap out of them this weekend! :beerbang:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Thanks...Joepa66...Hope You have a Good Nite...Weekend and Season...Good to Hear from You..!!

...YTD...23..22...Overall...(17-19 on Sides..6-3 on Totals)

FRIDAY NITES GAMES:

#12 Kansas (2-0) at #18 S. Florida (2-0)

Kan is Coming in at 2-0 Ranked in Top 15 But has Not Played Many Non Conf ROAD Games from Season to Season..Since 1996 Kan is 4-7 in these Games in which 7th Year Coach Mangino is 2-3...Kansas Likes to Play Non Conf Games at Home...Kansas had a Big Season last Year..4-0 in Big 12 Road Games and 12-1 Overall with a National Ranking..This Friday Game is Rare and is 1st Time Since 2001 they have Played VS a Ranked NON Conf Team (Kansas Lost at Home vs UCLA)...Both Coaches Know each other Since they were Asst Coaches at Kansas St and Both Climbed to #2 Ranking During Different Times of the 2007 Season...Now S Flor is Also Coming in at 2-0 after a Huge (But Needed) OT Win vs In-State Rival Central Florida...31-24...Both Teams Played in Bowls with Kan in the Orange and S Flor in the Sun Bowl...In the Last Meeting in 2006 Season S Flor Won at Kansas 13-7 as a 3 1/2 Point Dog...S Flor has Put Together Back to Back %00 Yards games to Start this Season and Tonites Game will be their Big Test...Kan sas Big Test will be How long can they Keep S Flor Out of the Endzone Since their Defense has Hed Both Teams they Played without a TD...I Think Both Teams are Solid But I am Going with S Flor and the Better QB Matt Grothe which Threw for 364 Yards and 3 TD's and Accounted for Over 400 Yards of Total Offense in Winning the BIG EAST OFFENSIVE Player Award this Past Week vs C. Flor...Both Teams can Play Good Defense But I Think Grothe has a Big Nite and Playing at Home Pumps S Flor so High that he has a Huge Nite after Playing in Coach Leavitt System for 3 Years...Love a QB with Experiance...Add SR WR T Johnson (That had a Career High 143 Yards Receiving Including the 25 Yard TD Catch in OT from Grothe to Win the Game...Kan was 12-1 in 2007 and S Flor was 9-4 But Kans Only Returns 15 Players..More on Defense...While S Flor Returns 18 with 10 Back on Offense That Averaged Around 35 Points a Game....Here is What I see...A High Scring Football Game that Both Teams want to Show some Plays that are new and gamebreakers and Edge goes to S Flor for All Ready Playing in a Close Game and Finishing It Off with a W...So...

Pic: South Florida -3 1/2

Pic: South/Florida...Over 48

Washington St (0-2) at Baylor (1-1)

Pic: Baylor -3 1/2

Pic: Washington St/Baylor...Over 48 1/2

This Game was Moved Up from Saturday to Friday because of More BAD Weather...Wash St is 0-2 and Baylor is 1-1 but Played a I-AA Northwestern St Last Week and Won 51-6...While Wash St Played Cal at Home Last Week....A Conf Team the Last Time I Checked...and Got their Asses handed to them 66-3 and it was 42-3 at Halftime and Wash St could even Score 1 TD on their Turf VS a Conference Foe
          (Worst Margin of Lossing Ever in Wash St Football History)...(RB Best had 200 Yards Rushing with 3 TD's in which Cal had 505 Yards of Offense...Conf Game...Baylor Lost was at Home Vs Wake Forest 41-14 to start the Season While Wash St Lost to Oklahoma St on a Neutral Field 39-13 to start the Season..Both Teams have 1st Year Coaches But Baylor Coach was left with 9 Players Back on Offense...Baylor is 7-2 ATS Vs a Team with a Losing Record and 7-3 OVER in Last 10 Games on Field Turf...Baylor is 10-1 OVER Last 11 VS a Team with a Losing Record...Now Something in Common...Wash St Games are 7-2 OVER in the Last 9 Non-Conf Games and 20-8-1 OVER the Last 29 Games in Sept...In the Next Game 5-0 OVER when Wash St Accumulated Less than 275 Yards in the Previous Game...and 6-1-1 OVER when Wash St Scored Under 20 Points in Last Game and 6-1 OVER Last 7 Games After Passing for Less than 170 in Previous Game...Coach Wulff is Opening Practice Back Up to Find out Starters and who has Heart...Here is What I See..True Freshman QB Griffin will Play well (Last Week 15/19 and 293 Yards with 3 TD's and a Running TD of 42 Yards...Nice) Because it will be a Home Game for Him and In a Higher Scoring Game than Most Think Baylor Wins 2 Games in a Row....So..

Football Time..!!

**Note..I Posted my 4 Pics so they would be on the Board before Kickoff...But I'm Trying to Finish the 2nd Games Writeup Now....BOL..:sm:
          Last edited by Thor24; 09-12-2008, 07:01 PM.

Comment

gl thor bring the hammer

ncaa ftball
            last week: 3-4
            season: 21-19

Comment

Thanks..Tactics...Thanks..Hope ya have a Great Day/Weekend...!!

SATURDAY DAY/NITE GAMES:

Nevada at Missouri
              Pic: Missouri -26

Penn St at Syracuse
              Pic: Penn St -27 1/2

Georgia at South Carolina
              Pic: South Carolina +7 1/2

Ohio St at USC
              Pic: Ohio St +11 1/2

Bowling Green at Boise St
              Pic: Bowling Green +17

California at Maryland
              Pic: California -14

Temple at Buffalo
              Pic: Buffalo -6

East Carolina at Tulane
              Pic: East Carolina -13

Ohio at C. Michigan
              Pic: C. Michigan -3

Memphis at Marshall
              Pic: Marshall -4

New Mexico at Arizona
              Pic: Arizona -10 1/2

San Diego St at San Jose St
              Pic: San Jose St -6

UNLV at Arizona St
              Pic: Arizona St -23 1/2

Wisconsin at Frenso St
              Pic: Frenso St +2

Western Michigan at Idaho
              Pic: W. Michigan -8

Oklahoma at Washington
              Pic: Washington +21

Football Time..!!

BOL to All Here and on the Net....:sm:

Comment

GL Thor!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs:
                NCAA YTD: 2-3-2 -3.9 units.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." Sun Tzu- The Art of War

Comment

great job so far, Thor!
                  Hammer time today! Like Freno & BG!

Comment

Keep up all the hard work bro. Much appreciated...:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X