No announcement yet.

OK...Somebody Explain This To Me.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itll be interesting to finally see that Texas offense play a real defense.

Comment

Agreed Nigel! Texas got jobbed in this one. I dont care what anyone says about schedule and what how one team beat another yada yada yada...teams come more prepared one week than the next, teams come into one game more healthy than the next, teams are more motivated for one week than the next, or came off a win or loss differently one week than the next all effect the outcome. At the end of the day Texas beat down Okiehomie on a neutral site...ENOUGH SAID...Okie had a chance to beat em and they did not you cant compare what Okie did to Okie State and Tejas did to Okie state and say that is why they should be there...that is a ludicrious argument...or homer argument...as I know I am the biggest homer on this board:beerbang: If Texas did not play OU then I would say ok look at SOS et. al...but they did and they got it handed to them. Sorry Tejas fan you got screwed!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
        But do the Longhorns kill the Buckeyes?
        IMO this line is inflated. I had it at 6.5-7. I would lean towards grabbing the points there...
        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
          Agreed Nigel! Texas got jobbed in this one. I dont care what anyone says about schedule and what how one team beat another yada yada yada...teams come more prepared one week than the next, teams come into one game more healthy than the next, teams are more motivated for one week than the next, or came off a win or loss differently one week than the next all effect the outcome. At the end of the day Texas beat down Okiehomie on a neutral site...ENOUGH SAID...Okie had a chance to beat em and they did not you cant compare what Okie did to Okie State and Tejas did to Okie state and say that is why they should be there...that is a ludicrious argument...or homer argument...as I know I am the biggest homer on this board:beerbang: If Texas did not play OU then I would say ok look at SOS et. al...but they did and they got it handed to them. Sorry Tejas fan you got screwed!
          So once you put Texas in, then Texas Tech should really be in the BCS title game then, because they in fact beat Texas?? But wait, Oklahoma beat Texas Tech, so now they get back in??

Or maybe we could really stretch it and toss in Ole Piss, since they did beat Florida and all. I mean I heard Craig James say "If you beat #1, you should go to #1" on Saturday....so lets toss in the 2 teams that beat the current #1, depending which poll you look at. Now all of a sudden by the James theory, we have Ole Piss vs Texas as our national championship, which will of course piss off Texas Tech because they beat Texas, and now we have 4 teams - Alabama, South Carolina, Vandy and Wake Forest - screaming "Wait, we beat Ole Piss, who beat Florida, so maybe we're #1?"

I respect your opinion Bo, but I'm just not ever going to agree on this, and just because you beat someone else, does not necessarily mean you are the better team, nor does it mean you had a better season. I feel I can argue till my fingers fall off (lol) as to why what happened with the Big 12 South was the only way to settle it, yet I haven't really seen a valid argument otherwise, other than the head to head thing....which just doesn't hold water unless you are deciding between only 2 teams, and that was just not the case here.

The bottom line of the whole argument is that if Texas had scheduled ANYONE outside of conference other than Rice, Central Idaho St, the Oregon Institute of Technology, St Mary's Sisters of the Poor, and the Central Nebraska Institute of Basket Weaving, then they might be the ones in the title game, but they did not, and Oklahoma did....and that was the difference in the end.
          Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 12-09-2008, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
            The bottom line of the whole argument is that if Texas had scheduled ANYONE outside of conference other than Rice, Central Idaho St, the Oregon Institute of Technology, St Mary's Sisters of the Poor, and the Central Nebraska Institute of Basket Weaving, then they might be the ones in the title game, but they did not, and Oklahoma did....and that was the difference in the end.
            :beerbang: Good salient points............Taco Tech has a beef.no pun intended, as well then:beer2: Though any team to lose a game by more than 6 TD's should be disqualified immediately. PLAYOFFPLAYOFFPLAYOFFPLAYOFFPLAYOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!As for their schedule of weak competition....this should disqualify Ohio State from all future NC games, kinda like it does Boise and Utah because winning the Weak 11 is like winning the WAC and MWC....LOL

Comment

Utah?

They actually had a decent schedule unlike Boise. They beat OSU, TCU, and BYU. All bowl teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                Utah?

They actually had a decent schedule unlike Boise. They beat OSU, TCU, and BYU. All bowl teams.
                I hear what your saying, and yes they went undefeated but they play in the MWC and as you can see 2 of those wins you pointed out are MWC teams who play other MWC teams and on and on....hence why they all have good records. I just dont consider the MWC nor the WAC a powerhouse conference hence why they are 11-0 and not in the NC game. Like I said Playoff. BTW there are 34 bowl games and they need to fill those games with someone..LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
                  I hear what your saying, and yes they went undefeated but they play in the MWC and as you can see 2 of those wins you pointed out are MWC teams who play other MWC teams and on and on....hence why they all have good records. I just dont consider the MWC nor the WAC a powerhouse conference hence why they are 11-0 and not in the NC game. Like I said Playoff. BTW there are 34 bowl games and they need to fill those games with someone..LOL.
                  i counted those yesterday....34 bowl games...that's 68 teams of the 119 D1 teams (57%). What a joke.....the whole thing is a joke. They add a game to the schedule to make it a 12 game schedule, and only the PAC10 does the right thing and adds a 9th conference game. Everyone else was speed dialing Murray State and TEXAM Kingsville for their 12th game (all except the SEC which was trying to justify games versus high schools from Wyoming and North Dakota with enrollments of under 500 students).

I don't even know why anyone bothers to try and justify anything either or any way. It doesn't work. I read a great article the other day and it basically said that the BCS was created based on a 1980's and 1990's model of College football where there was usually 1 great undefeated team and somebody to play them. With scholarships the way they are now and the fact that kids would rather play 4 years at Utah rather than sit for 3 and then maybe start their senior year at Oklahoma, it's a different model. The BCS would have worked 20 years ago. It doesn't today and we all know that.

The title game is a good game. You can't say either team doesn't deserve to be there. They deserve to be there as much as Penn State, USC, Alabama, Taco Tech and the rest of the 1 loss teams. Fact is that the BCS picked these 2 based on their antiquated system end of story.

The point is as stiffy pointed out, somebody will always be screwed in this system. I don't know why people have this great outcry anymore like it's something new.

And by the way......i am sick of hearing people say the BCS screwed TEX. They didn't, their own conference did by the way they pick the teams. The BCS had nothing to do with OKLA playing in the Big12 conference title game. The Big12 could just as easily have used a different tie breaker and Texas would have been there. In fact, under every other conference's tie breaker but 1, Texas would have played in that game. The Big12 CHOSE to use the BCS system to break a tie. I wish people could grasp that. Im so sick of hearing the BCS left TEX out of that Big12 game.

And one final point. It's kind of funny how everyone is sucking OKLA unit for putting up 60 points, but nobody is even mentioning that USC gave up 7 points a game over the whole fking season.....and that includes conference games and non conference games vs. Big 6 conference teams (ND, UVA and OSU). There were no Citadels, Louisiana Monroes or Idaho States on USC's schedule. Would love to see that USC D play OKLA.....
                  Last edited by FlyersFan; 12-09-2008, 08:23 PM.
                  I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                    i counted those yesterday....34 bowl games...that's 68 teams of the 119 D1 teams (57%). What a joke.....the whole thing is a joke. They add a game to the schedule to make it a 12 game schedule, and only the PAC10 does the right thing and adds a 9th conference game. Everyone else was speed dialing Murray State and TEXAM Kingsville for their 12th game (all except the SEC which was trying to justify games versus high schools from Wyoming and North Dakota with enrollments of under 500 students).

I don't even know why anyone bothers to try and justify anything either or any way. It doesn't work. I read a great article the other day and it basically said that the BCS was created based on a 1980's and 1990's model of College football where there was usually 1 great undefeated team and somebody to play them. With scholarships the way they are now and the fact that kids would rather play 4 years at Utah rather than sit for 3 and then maybe start their senior year at Oklahoma, it's a different model. The BCS would have worked 20 years ago. It doesn't today and we all know that.

The title game is a good game. You can't say either team doesn't deserve to be there. They deserve to be there as much as Penn State, USC, Alabama, Taco Tech and the rest of the 1 loss teams. Fact is that the BCS picked these 2 based on their antiquated system end of story.

The point is as stiffy pointed out, somebody will always be screwed in this system. I don't know why people have this great outcry anymore like it's something new.

And by the way......i am sick of hearing people say the BCS screwed TEX. They didn't, their own conference did by the way they pick the teams. The BCS had nothing to do with OKLA playing in the Big12 conference title game. The Big12 could just as easily have used a different tie breaker and Texas would have been there. In fact, under every other conference's tie breaker but 1, Texas would have played in that game. The Big12 CHOSE to use the BCS system to break a tie. I wish people could grasp that. Im so sick of hearing the BCS left TEX out of that Big12 game.

And one final point. It's kind of funny how everyone is sucking OKLA unit for putting up 60 points, but nobody is even mentioning that USC gave up 7 points a game over the whole fking season.....and that includes conference games and non conference games vs. Big 6 conference teams (ND, UVA and OSU). There were no Citadels, Louisiana Monroes or Idaho States on USC's schedule. Would love to see that USC D play OKLA.....
                    If this site had a Hall of Fame Post............I would enter this one. And a couple of Stif"s. What's up Boy's and girl? Happy Holidays to everyone!!! It took a great thread like this to get my juices flowing again. Gonna to try and drop in a little more.
                    2008.....updated 1/11/9....7:00pm....pacific

NFL 14-7-1.................+28.5

NBA 4-9....................-7.45

NCAAF 7-14..................-13.9

Comment

Originally posted by Bobo66 View Post
                      If this site had a Hall of Fame Post............I would enter this one. And a couple of Stif"s. What's up Boy's and girl? Happy Holidays to everyone!!! It took a great thread like this to get my juices flowing again. Gonna to try and drop in a little more.
                      wow...holy ghost of xmas past.....:beerbang:....what's up? and happy holidays to you as well.....

you're just waiting for the dodgers to sign manny and CC before you start coming around again....:beerbang:
                      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

just what we need, more hot air to fill FF's inflated humongous head lol :eyz:

nice to see you around Bobo :beer2:
                        :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                        -Big Pimpin-

Comment

What's up chief!? I am kinda hurt you didn't put my name on that list of unforgettable posts! LOL! Considering the arguments Yo and I have had in the...ah nevermind! LOL!
                          White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                            So once you put Texas in, then Texas Tech should really be in the BCS title game then, because they in fact beat Texas?? But wait, Oklahoma beat Texas Tech, so now they get back in??

I respect your opinion Bo, but I'm just not ever going to agree on this, and just because you beat someone else, does not necessarily mean you are the better team, nor does it mean you had a better season. I feel I can argue till my fingers fall off (lol) as to why what happened with the Big 12 South was the only way to settle it, yet I haven't really seen a valid argument otherwise, other than the head to head thing....which just doesn't hold water unless you are deciding between only 2 teams, and that was just not the case here.
                            Good points, Stiff....but I'm not sure if I agree here....as I understand it, if this scenario had happened in the ACC or SEC, then Texas would have gone to the Big 12 Championship instead of Oklahoma. If the scenario that occurred in the Big 12 South had occurred in the ACC or SEC with 3 teams in one division, the first step is to remove the lowest rated team from the equation (Texas Tech), then with the two remaining teams, you go head to head......thereby meaning that it would have been Texas v. Missouri. I've even heard that the Big 12 is going to change their tie breaker system after this year to mirror the SEC and ACC.

So while I certainly can't argue that OU doesn't belong, I guess my point is that there are other ways to settle it and those ways would have resulted in Texas going to the Big 12 Championship...and likely being in the BCS Championship this year.
                            "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

What is the reason against a playoff? Why hasn't a playoff been implemented already? It seems these problems have been going on for a while... :bang:

Comment

Originally posted by Rothko View Post
                                What's up chief!? I am kinda hurt you didn't put my name on that list of unforgettable posts! LOL! Considering the arguments Yo and I have had in the...ah nevermind! LOL!
                                I'm talking about posts in this thread you..........What's up bro? Hope all is well! I don't want to polute this thread.....I'll start one this week and we'll catch up.

And anyways.......you are already in the Hall of Fame.
                                2008.....updated 1/11/9....7:00pm....pacific

NFL 14-7-1.................+28.5

NBA 4-9....................-7.45

NCAAF 7-14..................-13.9

Comment

Working...
                                X