USC @ Ohio State??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC @ Ohio State??

The early line on this one shows that USC is going to be around a 4.5 pt favorite for next Saturday nights clash at Ohio State, and I am leaning hard towards a 2 unit play on USC. After seeing what OSU did with Navy last week I am not sold that they will be able to stop USC's offense after giving up 27 to Navy. The only thing holding me back is the fact that USC is starting a freshman quarterback in his first true road game in an enviroment like the one at The Horseshoe. Can anyone give me some advice as to if I should be worried about that factor or not? I just do not believe that OSU will be able to stop USC after giving up 27 to a rushing Navy team.

College Football 2009

Total: 0 - 2 -2.127 units
    Favorite (Spread): 0 - 1 -1.000 units
    Underdog (Spread): 0 - 0 0.000 units
    Favorite (ML): 0 - 0 0.000 units
    Underdog(ML): 0 - 0 0.000 units
    Over: 0 - 1 -1.127 units
    Under: 0 - 0 0.000 units
    Parlay: 0 - 0 0.000 units

I dont like either team but dont let Saturday's game sway you. OSU does this every year. They get caught with there pants down looking ahead to the next week. FF will remember a suck ass team from Marshall Univ almost beat them couple years back and Marshall just plain sucked. WVU kicked the dog crap out of them later in the season. (Marshall) Anyway It dont matter how ugly or pretty the game is it only matters that you won the game at the end of the 4th Quarter.

It's a shame that both teams cant lose this saturday. LMAO

These games are one's I stay away from I hate big TV games.

But anyway GL on whatever you Play

Oh yeah I did not watch the game but does Navy still run the Option play. That just kills those old school teams.

You will see a different OSU team Saturday.
    Last edited by Queen; 09-06-2009, 08:52 PM.
    NFL 2-0. Week 1
    Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Well taking USC is one thing, but I wouldn't base that pick one bit based off the OSU/Navy game. Motivation level will be much different against USC, as well as atmosphere...

Comment

Does anyone believe that OSU can stop USC? Big 10 teams are usually much slower than teams such as USC, teams that have fast receivers usually give Big 10 teams problems. I just think USC is a better team, based on their team speed. It just scares me a little bit having a qb that is making his first start on the road in an atmosphere like that.

Comment

Well i was called out yesterday (basically mocked...lol) for my line of USC by 3-4 points on the opener and looks like i wasn't too far off.

Look, for the 99th season in a row, OSU is dirt slow on the both lines. USC has a ton of speed and is going to control both lines of scrimmage. Vogeliniamum, you are right, USC IS the better team and it has nothing to do with how OSU played against Navy. OSU has average wide outs as well and they are inexperienced for the most part outside of Zanzenbacher and Small (who is a head case and drops tons of passes).

And as for the "atmosphere" in columbus....they have lost their last 3 night games in Columbus that they have played.

Pryor will make a couple of bonehead plays due to the pressure as will Barkley probably. In the end i fully expect USC to win this by probably a TD or so. OSU has not fared well versus any big time team they have played lately because they get absolutely roasted by the speed and quickness of both lines. And football is won on the lines, end of story.

USC-27 OSU-20 unfortunately.

I think this game is absolutely huge to OSU and the big10, though, and i hope im wrong. The big10 really needs a quality win outside of the conference IMO.

By the way, i watched large chunks of both USC and OSU on Saturday and you can see the speed difference. OSU will look slow as usual in this game. Tough to get guys from LA and Florida to come play in the big10 in bad weather, snow etc...and miles away from home. That is the advantage USC, Florida etc...have is that they have speed close to home. I watched Elder play today who is so called #3 team in america in HS. I mean it's amazing to see the difference between Long Beach Poly (who puts about 10 guys at USC every year) and Elder in terms of overall quickness and speed. It's just the recruiting base and it isn't going to change.
          Last edited by FlyersFan; 09-07-2009, 12:24 AM.
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

i do expect a good football game, though. OSU will be prepared and they have a very good PK which is always key in these games. I personally think the line is dead on at 6 points or so. If you can grab a TD, i think the value is definitely there with OSU. If i could lay less than 6 i would swing to USC and laying the points. as i said, i think USC wins by a TD.

Comment

I can remember a ranked Pac 10 team going to an unranked Big 10 stadium last year and getting pushed around for most of the game, but finally squeaking one out in 2OT.

Yes Oregon, the number 10 ranked, 2nd place team in the PAC 10 needed two OTs to beat what ended up being a 4-8 Purdue team, the worst in Joe Tiller's career at Purdue. And PU missed a FG at the end of the game to win it.
              Go Boilers!
              thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
              NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
              NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
              NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
              NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
              NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
              NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
              NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
              NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
              NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

boiler, my main problem is this. and im not a homer or a critic...im honest about my squad.....they have been manhandled by every good team they have played lately that has good speed on both lines. USC will be quicker and faster on both lines and that is not an opinion, it's a 100% fact. if you don't control the line of scrimmage, you don't win games. I personally think it will be a very good football game and USC wins. Am i saying OSU can't win....of course not. But they are going to have their issues with the speed of USC just like they have had their issues with the speed of LSU, FLA and USC in the past (and TEX last year). And Pete Carrol is one heck of a big game coach. He doesn't lose these games very often (he loses the ****ty games like Stanford, oregon state etc..).

If OSU can negate the USC speed on the line then they have a great chance to win. But they haven't done it at any point in the past versus these types of teams and this team is another slow team......especially on the O-line.

Comment

I can tell you one thing. Oregon had/has more speed than Purdue.

First road game by a freshman QB usually results in problems. See last years USC-Ohio State game for research.
                  Go Boilers!
                  thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
                  NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
                  NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
                  NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
                  NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
                  NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
                  NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
                  NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
                  NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
                  NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerBacker View Post
                    I can tell you one thing. Oregon had/has more speed than Purdue.

First road game by a freshman QB usually results in problems. See last years USC-Ohio State game for research.
                    hey, im wrong as always and you are right. so i will just leave it at that. i probably have no idea what im talking about so i don't even know why i even bothered to post it.

nobody is saying the kid isn't going to have some bumps in the road on Saturday.
                    Last edited by FlyersFan; 09-07-2009, 02:32 AM.

Comment

I think you will see a different Buckeye team on Sat night!

It was "vanilla city"for tOSU offense and still had Navy down 29-14, and should have put them away with a late FG.

Playing a precise team, that runs an offense like that, can give you fits. 9 guys in the box and your DB's have to play man/man coverage, even against a team that does not pass. Well it showed that if you get a step on anyone, you can beat him!!!
                      In December, Navy will have 8 or 9 wins, they are a very good team.

I like the pts this week, i think tOSU can win the game SU!:thumbs:
                      Bucks 31
                      Trojans 28

Good Luck!

Comment

I'm just trying to remember the last time the Buckeye's received points at home. Let alone a possible 6. Navy always has a good rush attack and I have to give them credit, they played well. How good is an Jose State?? They took a 3-0 lead into the second quarter then were spanked the rest of the game. Pete Carrol finds a way to attack and destroy a defense. It may take time but he finds away. Tressel is the same way especially at home, however, speed kills and that alone makes it a toss up for me. Small play on the Bucks (homer pick).
                        NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
                        O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
                        Teasers:
                        Rothstein's leans:
                        Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
                        NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
                        O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
                        Rothstein's "leans":
                        Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

Navy

Isn't bad folks .. I mean they aren't a heavyweight but they played well on saturday vs OSU ...

OSU having a scare is good for them IMO with USC next

FF was dead on with his assessment of NAVY vs OSU and i see no reason to go against him in this game

I like USC myself .. But I wouldn't load up on them ..

The best thing going for USC right now, offensively is their running game .. You can't expect a freshman QB to go into Columbus and throw it 40 times. So they will run the ball, alot IMO ..

The under may be a good play here .. :thumbs:
                          Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

[QUOTE=Nicky Santoro;207778]I'm just trying to remember the last time the Buckeye's received points at home.

Last year to PSU I believe.

Comment

Here's my take.... After watching the games this past week my 2 favorite picks would be USC and ND. That would be my Joe public side. ND and USC looked good while OSU looked average and Michigan may.... well you know how I feel about them. Saying all that the smart plays would be OSU and Michigan.:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X