Gimme your Top 5 "Can't Wait to Sees" for CFB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gimme your Top 5 "Can't Wait to Sees" for CFB

The Florida State-Clemson game on opening weekend would be intriguing even without the family soap opera. This game could give us a hint as to which Bowden (Bobby or Tommy) will be the last one standing.

Can Boise State or Hawaii crash the BCS party again? The Broncos did it last season, and with TB Ian Johnson returning they will be favorites to win the WAC for a 6th straight time. Hawaii QB Colt Brennan returns for a shot at a BCS Bowl, but the Warriors' weak schedule -- which includes 2 DI-AA opponents and Brennan's off-field bashing of the Bows Program i.e. "Soap-Gate", might be enough to distract the Warriors and Heisman voters.

Can the SEC be the best conference once again? LSU could be there but they suspended JaMarcus Russell's replacement indefinitely, the Swamp may need a moat to help protect the endzone, and the Dawgs D has been impounded by problems and graduation as well. UTennessee lost lots of yardage and its' big-play receivers, and will Tommy Tuberville's team be able to rebound a year after they were pick to win the conference. Don't count out The Old Ball Coach and the Cocks as well as Kentucky!

What will be Big Ten be like? Is Illinois finally a legit contender. They have only won 4 games in the last two years and lost 20-21 conference games. Juice Williams returns as QB and they have a highly touted freshman class led by a receiver who they stole from Notre Dame. OSU has questions at QB and receiver after losing them in the draft, Wisky has 9 offensive starters back from a 12-1 team, didn't have to play OSU last year, have Wazzu and UM at home, and road games vs. PSU and OSU to earn their stripes. Meechagun was 11-2 and their D allowed less than 13pts. in their first 11 games, but that awful taste of 42pts scored by OSU and 32 by USC at season's end is hard to get out of your mouth. They have Sept. games vs. Oregon, ND and PSU but all in Ann Arbor which could set them up nicely. As for Penn State, Morelli must improve and off-field problems with the law may catch up to Anthony Scirotto and Chris Baker 2 returning D-backs. The Lions must also replace an O-lineman who had to quit for health reasons.

The MAC was a weird conference last year. The perennial FAVS faded (Akron, Miami, BG and UT). Conference Champ Central Michigan returns the MAC Freshman of the year in QB Dan LeFevour who threw for 3031 yards, 26TD and 63.7% completions but the Chipps lost their head coach to Cincinnati. LeFevour threw for 221 vs. BC, 360 vs. UK, 295 vs. Toledo, 268 vs. Temple, 294 vs. Buffalo and 314 vs. Ohio. Ball State has the best passing attack in all of Indiana with sopomore Nate Davis at the helm for the second season. Davis threw for 1975 yards, and 18 TDS in just 7 games with 298 vs. NIU, 247 vs. Buffalo, 250 vs. Michigan, and 268 vs. Kent. QBs have been king in the MAC with Kent's Julian Edelman a runner and thrower, and NIU's Dan Nicholson more than adequate in relief of Phil Horvath. Several schools have question marks at the spot i.e. with Akron having to replace Luke Getsy.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

in no particular order..........

1) FSU's offense under Jimbo Fischer......is it any better?

2) Wake Forest was supposed to have arrived this year, not last year as they did a year early. Can they have a repeat of last year's season? Same with ****gurs in the BigLeast

3) Mike Stoops supposedly was going to turn that Arizona program around. Every year is supposed to be the year. This season they have 2 top half first round picks and a 3rd year returning QB. Can they finally turn the corner? This is his 4th year....i gotta think the Stoops "legend" either boons or busts this year.

4) Some outstanding early games: USC@Nebraska, Ohio State@Washington (huge game to see where both programs are), Tennessee@CAL, Notre Dame@PSU, Miami(fl)@OKLA, Nebraska@WFU, VTECH@LSU, NotreDame@Michgian, and others.......

5) Can Michigan ever beat Ohio State in anything again.......:laughing: :laughing:

going to be at the OSU/UW game in September, the OSU/PUR game in October for sure. Probably will squeeze in a couple others.....
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

How 'bout this:

WVU @ Marshall

Just had to get that in.....................

Comment

Couple Teams i have looked at

UCLA - This team has lots of big time talent .. Good Wr's and Good Secondary .. Who is gonna be the QB ?

Purdue - Offensively they are loaded . High Octane offense featuring a good receiving corp and an experienced QB. Defense is always a question mark though.

Wisconsin - Great Secondary. Loads of Experience. But with a new QB it will be tough in the "rugged" BIG TEN ...
        Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

LSU @ Bama

Comment

I believe E.Carolina is at Va. Tech in the first game of the year,Va. Tech will be million times more emotional than the Saints home game on Monday nite,Sports is a stress releaser,after what happen,well,God Bless the Hokie Nation and Thank God for Sports!!
            Either Black or Red...

Comment

The BIG GAME at the BIG HOUSE is the one I'm waiting for......

Appalachian State @ Michigan......WTF!:nuts:
              Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Let's seeee. Other than gambling (covering machines), I don't really have a team that I follow all that much. I just realized though, that the thing I am most anxious to see is.....

How Notre Dame does this season. Do they revert back to their losing ways before the Charlie Weiss and Brady Quinn Era, or can they beat their fair share of AF Navy and Army Academies with a few other teams to be good enough to reach a bowl game (and win for once).

I think I heard a while back that Brady Quinn's successor isn't doin too well in training camp.
                39-39-2 Plays, 26-25 Leans, System Plays (2-1), Half System Plays (2-4)
                Playoffs 6-4 Plays, 4-1 Leans

43-46 Plays, 24-28 Leans, 4-4 System Plays, 2-0 Half System Plays
                Playoffs 8-4 plays, 1-2 leans, 1-0 Half System Plays

36-29 Plays, 25-31 leans; Playoffs 3-3 Plays, 0-2 leans

18-16-1 Plays, 18-18-1 Leans; Playoffs 6-2 Plays, 0-1 Leans

15-8 plays, 7-6 leans, 2-1 Heavy MLs

Comment

whoever Oral Roberts plays :beerbang:
                  :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                  -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Strikes View Post
                    I believe E.Carolina is at Va. Tech in the first game of the year,Va. Tech will be million times more emotional than the Saints home game on Monday nite,Sports is a stress releaser,after what happen,well,God Bless the Hokie Nation and Thank God for Sports!!

I'm glad you said this. I wish i could be there for that one, but I'll be at VT vs Miami later on the year

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post

What will be Big Ten be like? Is Illinois finally a legit contender. They have only won 4 games in the last two years and lost 20-21 conference games. Juice Williams returns as QB and they have a highly touted freshman class led by a receiver who they stole from Notre Dame. OSU has questions at QB and receiver after losing them in the draft, Wisky has 9 offensive starters back from a 12-1 team, didn't have to play OSU last year, have Wazzu and UM at home, and road games vs. PSU and OSU to earn their stripes. Meechagun was 11-2 and their D allowed less than 13pts. in their first 11 games, but that awful taste of 42pts scored by OSU and 32 by USC at season's end is hard to get out of your mouth. They have Sept. games vs. Oregon, ND and PSU but all in Ann Arbor which could set them up nicely. As for Penn State, Morelli must improve and off-field problems with the law may catch up to Anthony Scirotto and Chris Baker 2 returning D-backs. The Lions must also replace an .

Just one correction, Baker is a DT and not a DB. But Scirrotto will be sorely missed in the defensive backfield if he is indeed suspended for any long period of time.

Comment

Any college football writers in here?

Anybody with writing skills interested in writing a few articles about college football handicapping tips, strategies and advice?

Email predictem@hotmail.com if you think you've got it in ya.

You aint gonna get rich off it, but we're paying $13/article for a few.

Comment

1.tOSU @ tsun

2.FL @ LSU

3.UCLA @ USC

4.Wisky @ tOSU and tOSU @ PSU

5.BC beating ND (again), watching Pope Charles go 5-7!!!

Comment

1. Watching Irish Mike eat his words about NotreDame's record this year!
                            9-3 sounds good with that killer sked!

2. Watching Dennis Erickson pull the same shennanigans he did at Miami and OSU with recruiting and get Arizona State on probation in just his first year --and then leaving them high and dry as he did with the other programs.

3. Watching Saban turn Alabama around into a nat' l title contender this year.

4. Seeing who gets carried off the field first on a stretcher-- Joe Pa or Bobby "Dadgumit" Bowden.

5. Watching Hoike nation run up the score versus ECU in the opener in an emotional day for all. Predict spread to be around 34.5

Comment

Originally posted by The Gipper View Post
                              3. Watching Saban turn Alabama around into a nat' l title contender this year.

Excuse me Gip while I :puke:

1. Watching Auburn beat on Saban nation for their 6th straight victory over the hated Tide!
                              2. Watching Auburn go to the Swamp and make it back to back on the national champs!
                              3. Watching Auburn win the SEC Championship over South Carolina.
                              4. Watching Auburn exact revenge on UGA and Ar-kans-ASS
                              5. Watching AUBURN all season long on the Gameday Package!

Yes I have a problem, but the fact I have identified it is my first step to recovery.

Comment

Working...
                              X