NCAAFB Week 1 (8/30-9/2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAAFB Week 1 (8/30-9/2)

here we go......can't believe it's football season already.....treading lightly in week 1....

WYO +5 -120 (greek).....3Units.........absolute favorite play this week as i like the Pokes here. They outgained UVA last year but came up just short. I think that they have a good shot of pulling the upset here and 5 points seems way too much. Tough place to play in the Altitude as it is actually higher than Denver i believe.

DUKE +6 -120 (greek)...............going to take a shot here with a really lousy team. BUT, this is probably the Devils best chance for a win this year, and UCONN sucks ass. To borrow a phrase, UCONN shouldn't be laying points to anyone. DUKE is trying to break a hugely long losing streak and you gotta figure they win one of these days. Today is just as good a day as any. DUKE returns 11 starters on O. These teams played to a sloppy 22-20 score 2 years ago. Look for more of the same, IMO.

MIA(oh) +7 1/2 -140/Iowa -550 (+103) (greek)...........MIA is picked to finish 2nd in the MACEast behind KentState and returns 14 players including the QB, top 4 rushers, 2 of top 3 WR's and 4 of their top 6 tacklers. The visitor is 7-1 L8 in this series and this has been a very low scoring series over the years. BallState returns 14 starters as well, and is picked to finish 5th on their side of the MAC (which is pretty loaded, though, IMO and definitely the better of the 2 sides). I just think this is going to be a close football game played in the 20's. almost a TD just seems like a lot of points here in a game that i feel very confident in saying will be decided by less than a TD. Playing this with IOWA who should travel a bunch of people (including my Ohio State ass) to Chicago for this one. Would be shocked if IOWA loses this one to a NIU team replacing their QB and RB who were both very good college players.

WSU +14 (greek/playersonly/carib).................like an experienced QB here and a offense that returns 2 of its top 3 receivers and about everyone who ran the ball at least once last year. They lost a lot on the defensive side of the ball, but Wisky is breaking in a new QB and will probably look to run the ball quite a bit. WSU has had the entire summer to prepare a game plan to stop that run with a D-line that comes back pretty much the same. Only downside is an inexperienced O-line. I think 2TD's is good value here.

still contemplating ULM +4, SJSU +15, UNM -3, CSU +3 -120, UAZ +6 -120, KENTST +4

Good Luck to everyone this season!!

GL to everyone!
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 08-27-2007, 03:10 PM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

GL man bout time this gets here, baseball's boring :beerbang:

my dartshots will be up no later than wed for all to fade LOL
    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

GL Bro!!!

Would like to know your thoughts on Arizona

Comment

GL FF:beerbang:
        NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

I'd have a tough time disagreeing with you on any of those plays. GL this season :thumbs:
          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

gl flyers, duke??!!? lol i agree tho if they ever win this would be it, i wouldnt take uconn on the road even against the dukies

and i need to add a home team to my slate so im tailing the WYO play

gl:beerbang: plays look solid

Comment

GL ff, hope you start off the season well.
              Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

GL Flyers......:thumbs:

Comment

Skins- THX!.....here are my thoughts on UAZ

UAZ has the best corner in the Pac10 and returns 17 players. 9 of those are on defense where they return 7 of their top 8 tacklers and maybe one of the best secondaries on the west coast. BYU is breaking in a new QB who is going to be going up against a thorpe finalist at one corner and a probable all pac10 corner on the other side. UAZ is breaking in a new offense (tacotech style) which hopefully will yield some big results. Regardless, the UAZ defense will keep them in this ball game. BYU will be a very good team this year and contend for the MWC title, but i will take a great defense vs. a new QB early early in the season any day of the week. I think catching 5 points is good value here. I expect another FG type game. UAZ held BYU to 13 points last year in the opener. Arizona's run game is suspect, but they should be fine through the air and BYU is thin in the secondary due to suspensions and injuries from what i just read.

Q, Birds, Wsox, Nomorechalkdog88, Jpix- THX!....

beholdah- THX!...yeah i said the same thing and i usually don't take ****ty teams like Duke. But 2 factors. One, fresh start to the season for these guys and second, they know this is a game they can win. UCONN shouldn't be laying points to anyone. DUKE should be sky high for this one. 11 starters (though i do realized they are 11 Duke starters) on O is a huge plus for them. At least it's experienced bad talent.

ADD:

KST +14 -120.............write up later.

CSU +3 -120...................dang if this team isn't loaded coming back. write up later

GL to everyone!
                  I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Good luck with the plays FF (and with the avatar issues)... :beerbang:

Comment

GL this year and this week with your plays.

I read the rules and was going to post a LOCK, so glad you pointed them out to me. LOL:nuts:
                      NFL 2-0. Week 1
                      Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

good luck ff:beerbang: btw your friend likes a few of those plays as well:beerbang:

Comment

GL Aviator!!:beer2:

Comment

Gl Ff!

GL FF! You've got a couple there I'm looking at!
                            From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

MIAMI OF OHIO....ARE YOU KIDDING?:nuts:

Yea, I'm on them too.....LOL...GL Flyer! :glass:
                              Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
                              X