Week Two Plays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week Two Plays

Coming off a pretty good Week One. Just 3-3 in listed plays ATS, but hit my both bigger plays to put me in the green. I also hit a 5 team parlay (not listed) for a nice little payout, but that's beside the point and obviously doesn't count.

Week Two

Tennesee -11 vs. Southern Miss (2 units)

The blood has to be boiling for Tennessee, who took one on the chin a bit at Cal. They return home looking to get their season on track. The offense was pretty good against Cal and Ainge looked sharp. They should put points on the board all season and they should be even better this week with the return of last season's leading rusher LaMarcus Coker, back after serving a one-game suspension.

The Vols have won 12 straight home openers and being home at a raucous Neyland will boost them. Southern Miss will be game, but a pissed off Tennessee team has alot riding on this one and there's no way they let this one slip away.

Prediction: Tennessee 34 Southern Miss 20

Ball State -5 at Eastern Michigan (2 units)

Ball State suffered a tough 14-13 loss to Miami Ohio in week one despite a balanced offense that rolled up 338 yards. The defense was solid against the pass and forced two turnovers, the only problem was that Miami RB Brandon Murphy had a big game and broke off some big runs.

Eastern Michigan was inept as usual, getting handled by Pitt 27-3. The Eagles got outgained 357-143. The running game was abysmal, totaling just 42 yards and averaging just 1.7 yards per carry.

Ball State beat up EMU 38-20 last season. I see no reason why they shouldnt win by double digits here.

Prediction: Ball State 27 Eastern Michigan 13

Nebraska -7 at Wake Forest (bought 1 pt) (4 units)

Love this play, as do many posters on here. Nebraska looked lights out on offense last week, generating 625 yards and 52 points. Marlon Lucky had over 260 yards of total offense and 4 TDs.

Wake, meanwhile, blew a 14-0 lead and got gashed by the BC offense for 462 yards. They were good against the run, but Matt Ryan put up 408 passing yards and 5 Tds on the secondary.

If Wake concentrates on Lucky, I think Sam Keller should be able to throw the ball well. He was mediocre in week one, but with Lucky he didnt have to do much. He has the ability to have a big game and should have his first game since 2005 jitters out of his system.

Of course, Riley Skinner is listed as doubtful with a separated shoulder. That's a big blow to WF even though Brett Hodges looked pretty good as his replacement. The Deacs also suffered an injury on defense, losing starting DE Matt Robinson to a high ankle sprain.

I don't think Nebraska is going to be shut down here and Wake will have to match scores with a backup QB. The only thing that worries me is that USC looms next week for the Huskers and it could be a look-ahead game. Still, I'll take the superior team giving only one score.

Prediction: Nebraska 35 Wake Forest 21

Probably will add 1-2 more later. Good luck everyone! :booz:
    2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
    2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

gl parris, was considering ball state and now will def be on it since you like it, i think a big factor is emu doesnt have a great run game. last week showed like you said that ball state can be torched on the ground but i dont think that will be the case here.. also ball state was great on the road last year, only time they didnt show up was against the champs cmu. gl with your other plays too

Comment

GL MParris, loving Nebraska as well.

Hadn't thought about Tennessee...interesting pick....you make a good argument for them.
      NCAA YTD 0-1-0 -1.1 unit

Comment

Ainge completed 32 passes last week to eight different receivers. Southern Miss doesnt have that kind of depth to defend RBs, TEs, and WRs who can all catch the ball.

Tennessee also has arguably the top punter in the country in Britton Colquitt, so field position should favor Tennessee.

DeSean Jackson was a one-man wrecking crew for Cal, totaling 150 all-purpose yards including that 77-yard punt return TD. So. Miss doesnt have that type of gamebreaker. Not many teams do.

Tennessee is just better on paper than So. Miss and has motivation/anger along with a huge homefield advantage. Too much not to like here, IMO.

Comment

GL MParris like Nebraska:beerbang:
          NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

gl this week MPARRIS....will be tailing that Tennessee pick
            To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
            2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

GL MParris. Always very good write ups! Probably gonna tail ya on one or two. Bring home the $$$
              :bang:

Strike first, Strike hard, no mercy, SIR!

Comment

GL on all your selections, Parris
                By the by, Robbie looked sharp last week vs Tech. Nice hands. Clausen should find him to be a comfort zone this week becuase he has proven he can be a go- to guy:beerbang:

Comment

GL MParris. Like Ball St. also...........

Comment

Love those first two as well TE.....GL:beerbang:

Would love to check out the rivals site....used to frequent it but haven't been there in awhile.....:sm:
                    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

GL MP! Like the picks
                      NFL 1-2-0 -1.1 units
                      NCAAF 13-22-0 -13.5 units

"I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em." - Jim Valvano

Comment

Thanks guys, best of luck to everyone! :)

Adding a 3-team, 10-point teaser I really like (2 units):

Navy +26 at Rutgers (Navy 73-33-1 ATS on road and 45-18 ATS as underdog of 7 or more)
                        Oklahoma -0.5 vs. Miami (I liked the Sooners a bit at 10, but am confident they can win SU)
                        Virginia Tech +21.5 at LSU (VT 7-1 ATS L8 as a dog; even if they **** the bed they should keep it within 3TDs)

Comment

Working...
                        X